Trade Discussion 2009 - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna trade out Cogs for Muston, leaving me with enough cash to upgrade nahas to SJ, with 13k spare. My question to you is; will houlihan make 16 200 this week and maybe next week so tha i could straight swap to hodge?
Worst case scenario is that i fall a bit short and trade him for p.burgoyne/mackie.
Still, how much will houlihan rise this week with a BE of 33?

Ok bit the bullet and did:

Robinson -> Muston
Ziebell -> Swan

Now have three midfielders averaging over 100, and I think if I had one more (possibly Judd) by the end of the season I'd be happy. Rucks aren't going to change, Jolly and Cox doing great, defense, no real issues, possibly trading out Malceski and Raines in the next few weeks, but they're on the bench and so not costing me anything, and forward line, with Rioli, Pavlich, S. Johnson and now Franklin finding some form, looking ok, possibly an upgrade of Nahas/Milne on the cards, but besides that I'm pretty happy.

Well I just made a monumental f**k up, trading Hill > Enright (this one was ok) and Suban > Broughton. This was all before I noticed Raines (more like Pains(in my DT ass)) decided to get dropped. Will now be coping a 0 in defence.

With Broughto playing his 3rd game I always planned to get him in (providing he was actually gonna be named) and my 2nd trade was a toss up between Hill > Enright or Higgins > ROK, and well I went with the Enright trade.

I have a feeling i've made a huge mistake that could cost me a win this week and winning my league.

Does anyone know how long Raines will be out for? I need him back asap!!

I have a feeling i've made a huge mistake that could cost me a win this week and winning my league.

Does anyone know how long Raines will be out for? I need him back asap!!

i read somewhere his knee was pulling up sore

so could be a rest this week and next plus the break - which would be ideal

however - you'd hate it to be complications of a knee injury - especially for those who have held him so long

twas one of my few correct calls not getting raines from the start - however i do have to put my hand up and say i got dempsey over geary and cloke over davey

Hey Fellas just wondering about my Trades This week and who i shud upgrade or downgrade i have 8k and 13 Trades left

Here is my Team:

Backs : Goddard, Cornes, Hodge, S Fisher, Adcock, Houlihan, Suban, Broughton, Raines

Mids : Ablett, Swan, Gibbs, Kornes, Rich, Coughlan, Hartlett, Anthony

Rucks : Cox, Mcintosh Jacobs, Spencer

Forwards : S Johnson, Deledio, Giansiracusa, Didak, Higgins, Krakour, Ziebell Walker, Thompson

I am think of Upgrading one of :

Krakour / Pavlich,

Higgins / Riewoldt,

Suban / Lockyer/Enright,

Ziebell / Pavlich or another premium around their

and Downgrading one of :

Walker / Wright/Ballantyne,

Raines / Grima/Greenwood,

Suban / Grima/Greenwood

Any Trade Suggestions or thoughts on Possible Options any help deeply appreciated
Cheers!

Hey Fellas just wondering about my Trades This week and who i shud upgrade or downgrade i have 8k and 13 Trades left

Here is my Team:

Backs : Goddard, Cornes, Hodge, S Fisher, Adcock, Houlihan, Suban, Broughton, Raines

Mids : Ablett, Swan, Gibbs, Kornes, Rich, Coughlan, Hartlett, Anthony

Rucks : Cox, Mcintosh, Jacobs, Spencer

Forwards : S Johnson, Deledio, Giansiracusa, Didak, Higgins, Krakour, Ziebell Walker, Thompson

I am think of Upgrading one of :

Krakour / Pavlich,

Higgins / Riewoldt,

Suban / Lockyer/Enright,

Ziebell / Pavlich or another premium around their

and Downgrading one of :

Walker / Wright/Ballantyne,

Raines / Grima/Greenwood,

Suban / Grima/Greenwood

Any Trade Suggestions or thoughts on Possible Options any help deeply appreciated
Cheers!

Gonna trade out Cogs for Muston, leaving me with enough cash to upgrade nahas to SJ, with 13k spare. My question to you is; will houlihan make 16 200 this week and maybe next week so tha i could straight swap to hodge?
Worst case scenario is that i fall a bit short and trade him for p.burgoyne/mackie.
Still, how much will houlihan rise this week with a BE of 33?

he'd be close to a certainty to rise that much - particularly playing the eagles at the dome.

ifhe scores 80 this week he'll rise by that amount - otherwise he'll do it the following week

10 trades left - $600 to spend. :p

Backline: Goddard, Cornes, Drummond, Taylor, Grimes, Cheney, Raines. Emerg. Petrenko, Quinn
Midfield: Bartel, Selwood, Judd, Ablett, Cooney, Coughlan. Emerg. Beams, Barham
Forward: Riewoldt, Giansiracusa, Deledio, Higgins, Roughead, Ziebell, Didak. Emerg. Walker, Ballantyne

Bit stuck with what to do this week.

Option 1

Raines --> Broughton
Beams/Barham --> Muston (to avoid a zero this week, plus I'm getting him in anyway)

Option 2

Raines --> Broughton
Walker --> Franklin

Or alternatively, if anyone else has any better ideas. My backline needs the most work - hoping to bring in Hodge for Cheney after the slip round.

JDC I`d go with option 2

I myself have just cashed in Ziebel and Walker for Muston and L. Davis. Am hoping I`ve done the right thing but think the nerves are just about only having 8 trades left

After much thought i have decided to keep Higgins, git rid of Krak for ROK which im happy about.

Would definately not be a bad thing if Higgins missed a week or two though, fingers crossed Sidebottom is named, which he should be.

JDC I`d go with option 2

I myself have just cashed in Ziebel and Walker for Muston and L. Davis. Am hoping I`ve done the right thing but think the nerves are just about only having 8 trades left

Cheers mate.

My only thought was that my forwardline would then consist of: Riewoldt, Giansiracusa, Deledio, Higgins, Roughead, Ziebell, Didak. Emerg. Franklin, Ballantyne.

I can't really have Franklin sitting on the bench, neither could any other of my forwards, except Ballantyne could be on the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think that Ziebell can average a bit of 70 for the rest of the year? This will determine how I trade and I might keep some in reserve to trade him to someone like McPhee (Who might return to some DT form in the next few years).

Cheers mate.

My only thought was that my forwardline would then consist of: Riewoldt, Giansiracusa, Deledio, Higgins, Roughead, Ziebell, Didak. Emerg. Franklin, Ballantyne.

I can't really have Franklin sitting on the bench, neither could any other of my forwards, except Ballantyne could be on the bench.
Just sit ziebell there this week. Then cash in on ziebell for ballantyne in the next few weeks and use that extra cash to bolster your defence, which you probably know is your weakest point.

Cheers Falcon Strike, much appreciated.

This will be my team after next week;

Backs: Hodge, Lockyer, Cornes, Goddard, Drummond, Grimes, Ellis (Broughton, Petrenko)
Mids: Gablett (c), Swan, J.Selwood, Gibbs, Griffen, Cooney (Muston, Davenport)
Rucks: Cox (vc), Mcintosh (Spencer, Currie)
Forwards: Deledio, S.Johnson, Gia, Didak, Medhurst, Buddy, Higgins (Brown, Gumbleton)

with 7 trades left. Might change gumby for ballantyne, to cover for higgins' injury prospects, and later on be one of my last cash cows to upgrade someone like grimes or higgins to a genuine keeper, along with muston. The rest of my trades would be for injury replacement.
Opinions? Suggestions?

Does anyone think that Ziebell can average a bit of 70 for the rest of the year? This will determine how I trade and I might keep some in reserve to trade him to someone like McPhee (Who might return to some DT form in the next few years).
I think he will average in the low 70s, not enough to justify keeping him. He is a cash cow, he was meant to be either cashed in or upgraded and he is peaking right now. A guy who is averaging low 70s shouldnt really be in anyones final 22, unless you make up for it by having ablett, bartel, swan, hayes, montagna and sewell in your midfield ;)

i read somewhere his knee was pulling up sore

so could be a rest this week and next plus the break - which would be ideal

however - you'd hate it to be complications of a knee injury - especially for those who have held him so long

twas one of my few correct calls not getting raines from the start - however i do have to put my hand up and say i got dempsey over geary and cloke over davey

It was not a "correct call" not getting Raines, the guy got injured for six weeks, you got lucky. He was clearly a bargain and had he not got injured he would have risen in value a fair bit.

In bit of a pickle atm.

Dont have many trades left (only 8), not all my fault though, work on the day of Round 1 meant i couldn't change my team.

Anyway after cashing in 2 cows last week im looking to upgrade Beams. So here are my options.

Option 1:
Beams to Kornes
Higgins to Franklin (not sure about this trade, Higgins might play, but then there is the risk of him not and stuffing things up)

Option 2:
Beams to Kornes
(leaving Higgins as my 6th forward, Sidebum being 7th, for the year. Hoping to God that Higgins plays)

Option 3:

I have no idea.

Here is my Team at the moment maybe you guys can give me some other options cuz im stuffed.

Backs: Goddard, Cornes, Fisher, Gilbee, Harding, Mackie, Broughtan (Raines, Greenwood)
Midfield: Swan, Gibbs, Selwood, Griffin, Pearce, Beams (Cockie, Anthony)
Rucks: Cox, Hmac (Jacobs, Spencer)
Forwards: Stevie J, L.Davis, Pav, Deledio, Gia, Higgins, Sidebum (Walker, Hogan)

Thoughts would be awesome, cuz i have no idea this week.

Hmmmm what to do.

Option 1

Higgins > Premium Forward (Pav / Stevie J)
I feel that Higgins output will be reduced with his injury problems, therefore this is the week to jump off.

Option 2

Downgrade Otten or Rich, Upgrade Tuck to Swan
This being the week to jump on Swan.

So there is 2 trades cherry ripe for picking, however I can only choose 1 *goes off to ponder*

It was not a "correct call" not getting Raines, the guy got injured for six weeks, you got lucky. He was clearly a bargain and had he not got injured he would have risen in value a fair bit.

Id say that's a correct call.. massive injury last season, obviously makes him prone to knee injuries in that leg.. mind you if he wasn't picked because of the injury, then yeah id say that was luck.. dont know whether his last injury was related to his knee but either way.. guys that miss a season eg. lucas, coughlan, headland and the aforementioned raines are people i dont wanna be picking up no matter what the hype.

In bit of a pickle atm.

Dont have many trades left (only 8), not all my fault though, work on the day of Round 1 meant i couldn't change my team.

Anyway after cashing in 2 cows last week im looking to upgrade Beams. So here are my options.

Option 1:
Beams to Kornes
Higgins to Franklin (not sure about this trade, Higgins might play, but then there is the risk of him not and stuffing things up)

Option 2:
Beams to Kornes
(leaving Higgins as my 6th forward, Sidebum being 7th, for the year. Hoping to God that Higgins plays)

Option 3:

I have no idea.

Here is my Team at the moment maybe you guys can give me some other options cuz im stuffed.

Backs: Goddard, Cornes, Fisher, Gilbee, Harding, Mackie, Broughtan (Raines, Greenwood)
Midfield: Swan, Gibbs, Selwood, Griffin, Pearce, Beams (Cockie, Anthony)
Rucks: Cox, Hmac (Jacobs, Spencer)
Forwards: Stevie J, L.Davis, Pav, Deledio, Gia, Higgins, Sidebum (Walker, Hogan)

Thoughts would be awesome, cuz i have no idea this week.

I'd trade Beams to Kornes and sit tight for a couple of weeks to see how things pan out. Walker can cover for a higgins late withdrawal. Next I'd look at Raines as your next upgradee. Only problem I see with your team right now is the lack of risen cash cows to get your cash from. You'll have to hope cockie plays some more. Definitely dont do any sideways trades as you only have 8 left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back