List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

With our list management, apparently we don't tie the future CBA increases with the player contracts.

This means in the coming years our salary cap effectively increases

30% over the next 4 yrs? Who is our resident actuary?

Pick purchases are coming.

The way I see it the club down the bottom will usually have a bunch of kids in a rebuild and rather than pay them overs to satisfy 95% spend on the cap, you will be able to buy a few high picks to speed that process up.

As your high end picks develop, and start commanding more $, you'll have less capacity to achieve this.

Then, when youre in a flag window the likelyhood is your cap is maxed out...as it should be.

Next year might be a good opportunity, and for that matter our only opportunity, to use some of the freed up cap we will have on a couple of high end picks.

Imagine Brisbane briztoon needing to pay mcgluggage the Ashcroft boys etc to stay in the window.

We sell them 500k over 2 yrs for their 2025 F1....I have no idea on what the formula will be....I suspect noone will

I like it though.

'Pick purchasing' still on the table amid review into Trade Period - 'Pick purchasing' still on the table amid review into Trade Period

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

1 for 2 F1 17 is more realistic to get the deal done. Why would north swap 18 for our 23 on top of that.

Norf would split 3. Likely 3 18 for 6 11 with Melbourne

Norf
1 6 11 15
That addresses there needs.

For Norf to be able to offer us a good deal, and still end up with 4 first rounders (including pick 1) just shows how ridiculous their handouts have been.

With our list management, apparently we don't tie the future CBA increases with the player contracts.

This means in the coming years our salary cap effectively increases

30% over the next 4 yrs? Who is our resident actuary?

Pick purchases are coming.

The way I see it the club down the bottom will usually have a bunch of kids in a rebuild and rather than pay them overs to satisfy 95% spend on the cap, you will be able to buy a few high picks to speed that process up.

As your high end picks develop, and start commanding more $, you'll have less capacity to achieve this.

Then, when youre in a flag window the likelyhood is your cap is maxed out...as it should be.

Next year might be a good opportunity, and for that matter our only opportunity, to use some of the freed up cap we will have on a couple of high end picks.

Imagine Brisbane briztoon needing to pay mcgluggage the Ashcroft boys etc to stay in the window.

We sell them 500k over 2 yrs for their 2025 F1....I have no idea on what the formula will be....I suspect noone will

I like it though.

'Pick purchasing' still on the table amid review into Trade Period - 'Pick purchasing' still on the table amid review into Trade Period

Heavily front end the young guys contracts so in 2026 when the door is opening again we can chase FA and offer extensions to match any offers coming in

4 19 and 22:
2009- A Morabito B Griffiths G Weedon
2012- J Toumpas B Kennedy D Towers
2014- J Pickett B Boekhorst D McKenzie

lol can you imagine
and picks outside the top 10 are even weaker this year

b-but west coast need more than one player!!

You do understand its not historically who was taken with those picks but who was AVAILABLE at those picks.

Too bad if you are a club who cant pick decent talent in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Yes probabilities go down the later in the draft.

But if you want to use that argument then you also need to acccept that pick 1 rarely ends up the best player in the draft.

Last edited:
You do understand its not historically who was taken with those picks but who was AVAILABLE at those picks.

Too bad if you are a club who cant pick de ent talent in the
1st and 2nd rounds.

Yes probabilities go down thelater in the draft.

But if you want to use that argument then you also need to acccept that pick 1 rarely ends up the best player in the draft.
Us in 2009....

Smith will command a late 1st
Buzz a late 1st
IF English comes the $$ deal will give band one compo..another late 1st.

All three leaving this time next year will give them 3 plus their own first rounders in a midfielders draft.

After loading up with JUH, Darcy and Croft on the cheap with academy and father son acccess.

Mini rebuild on the run by the Dogs.

Last edited:
Bloke on twitter reckons deal is done for pick 1 with norf. Something in the vicinity of 2, F1, 17, 18 for 1, 23.
Claims to have mail and others reckon he’s been correct before.
Thoughts?View attachment 1841611

That deal gets it done IMO.

Picks 2, 17 and 18 this year.

We will likely hold two top 3 picks next year, in a true midfielders draft.

Would expect us to upgrade 37 and 58 as well if that trade happended.

Go in with picks 2, 17, 18 and 30ish. Maybe early 20's if we add a future 3rd.

RIP Harely Reid. Sorry mate.:rolleyes::(

For sure. The trade is so heavily lopsided in WCE's favour I'd be through the ******* moon if it were real.

Norf would be straight up screwed for a decade if they did that.

Its two top 5 picks and a 2nd that will fall arond pick 20.

Sure that is as close to a godfather offer we should expect. However that would not set Northback 10 years. They basically use the McKay compo gift and a future 1st to land a generational talent. The early 2nd means nothing in a 10 year draft cycle.

My take is no way a deal gets done this far out from draft night. No way Norf offer their ceiling 3 weeks in advance. Like spudnova saying the deal was done before last game or Keystone saying we won’t be pushing for overs and deal was done a week ago. I also don’t think we’d send any picks that we’d actually use back. Reid is still heading west as it stands. JTR.

The clubs needs to factor in McKercher leaving (certainty thanks to AFL house) when tassie arrives into the equation.
Any picks from Norf need to compensate for this.

The clubs needs to factor in McKercher leaving (certainty thanks to AFL house) when tassie arrives into the equation.

Reported the club flew to Tassie to interveiw McKercher again after previous meetings at the combine etc.

We are seriously doing our due diligence on him as a backup to taking Reid at pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of copium in here

steve austin wrestling GIF by WWE

Reported the club flew to Tassie to interveiw McKercher again after previous meetings at the combine etc.

We are seriously doing our due diligence on him as a backup to taking Reid at pick 1.
So who would you be looking at/ hoping for, with 17 & 18?

Do you keep 23 in this deal?

I’m all for taking a huge offer if it’s offered, pinning all your hopes on one player can sometimes get Morabito’d.
Where it doesn’t quite pan out, the way you’d like.

2024 is very likely to be another shit year for WC, Simmo’s still there, Gaff will be best 22 come round 1.
It would be fantastic to go into the 2024 draft with 2 of the top picks.

If any trade gets it done this will be it, but I can't see norf actually offering it.
I'd be pissed if we were in their position and made that trade

That F1 could potentially turn into pick 6 in this hypothetical trade.

I'm not sure how the top end of next years draft looks, how many F/S academy bid would be in the top 5, but Norf are going into the season with a pretty stacked list full of high draft picks and potentially Harley Reid. Also, Clarko won't be disappearing for half the season like this year.

They could climb off the canvase and show some improvement. Definitely prefer to keep pick 23.

Reid will leave mckercher will leave. Everyone will leave.

Just fold the club.

How can people live in perpetual fear is something I do not understand of something that’s not certain.

Let them leave. So what? Perhaps people need to work on not taking it personally. If you feel you personally will be hurt by it, then grow a pair.

I'm not sure how the top end of next years draft looks, how many F/S academy bid would be in the top 5, but Norf are going into the season with a pretty stacked list full of high draft picks and potentially Harley Reid. Also, Clarko won't be disappearing for half the season like this year.

They could climb off the canvase and show some improvement. Definitely prefer to keep pick 23.
Yeah I agree that it’s crazy. Both clubs bounce next year with stacked lists.
I mean we probably play Nth in next years Grand Final. No way do we want pick 17 & 18 in a compromised draft.

I cant see how that eventuates with out any genuine KPD.

One of the major problems with The Beggars List ( even with their many first round picks ), is that it's shallow on KPP, in general and KPD, in particular.

Even if they took O'Sullivan and Murphy, those selections don't help them next year.

North will be bottom three next year.

As for the top end talent goes for next years draft, and granted thats a long way off, but with a crystal ball :crystalball: as it stands now, the pointy end next year looks chock with quality midfielders.

Right Now I would have these five in pole position for pick one contention.

Jagga Smith. 181 Midfielder. Sandringham

download-12.jpg

Fin O'Sullivan. 180 cm Midfielder ( Sam Walsh's cousin ) Oakleigh - from Koroit - Vic Cty

download-9.jpg

Sid Draper. 180 cm midfielder (brother of Arlo ) South Adelaide

F6NDvIjWwAAKJ6U.jpg

Joshua Smillie. 194 cm Midfielder. Eastern Rangers.

download-13.jpg

Christian Moraes 182 cm. Midfielder. Eastern Rangers.

download-11.jpg

:arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup:

If we could get two of these kids then our midfield would be set.

Then the first rounders that are off limits to us.

Levi Ashcroft. Brisbane FS ( Brother of Will ) - brizkent will be telling all who will listen, that this kids the best in the draft cohort.

download-17.jpg

Sam Marshall. Midfielder. Brisbane Academy.

download-15.jpg

The Camporeale Twins Lucas & Sam. Midfielders. Carlton FS

download-14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back