List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Surely with Schlong already at West Coast and WA, the need to also draft another Vic Country player to hold Harley's hand is a moot point.

Would rather A.Reid, Schoenmaker, C.Edwards, MEdwards or Stevens with that pick than Demattia.
Just pick up the better valued options in Hastie or Freijah in the third round if that's a consideration.
Both serve a need in our team and are Country teammates for Reid (if that's a legitimate concern).

Just pick up the better valued options in Hastie or Freijah in the third round if that's a consideration.
Both serve a need in our team and are Country teammates for Reid (if that's a legitimate concern).

I would be rapt to get Freijah , he looks to be a tall Blake Acres type wingman that can be a good goal kicker and roll back to help out the defense ..

Enough of this nonsense. Who are you taking with 23 and 37?
It was a comment to stir shit.

Okay. Let's go 2, F1,15, 17 for 1, F2, 37

I want Reid FWIW otherwise I'd say a mix of McKercher, Murphy, C.Edwards, Leake, A.Reid, Delean, Collard, Morris and Simpson would do

I'm in for a board Phantom Draft it it eventuates.

be915242d1b97355c3b25ecd1a02ba1d.gif

You got any actual source to back up this up?...
I can’t possibly have a source for a decision that will be made in 2026/2027. I’ve posted this in a different thread but the AFL will offer McKercher whatever amount of money it takes outside the salary cap to head down to Tassie and skipper the team. He will go. I don’t care what he, his management or the AFL says now it will happen. It is FAR more likely Reid is a one club player than McKercher.

I can’t possibly have a source for a decision that will be made in 2026/2027. I’ve posted this in a different thread but the AFL will offer McKercher whatever amount of money it takes outside the salary cap to head down to Tassie and skipper the team. He will go. I don’t care what he, his management or the AFL says now it will happen. It is FAR more likely Reid is a one club player than McKercher.
I tend to agree with this!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you, for those that don’t consider this, what do you think would be harder for the AFL incentivise?mckercher to leave west coast or Gary Ablett Junior to leave Geelong.

I tend to agree with this!
I agree with you, for those that don’t consider this, what do you think would be harder for the AFL incentivise?mckercher to leave west coast or Gary Ablett Junior to leave Geelong.
The one lesson I think the AFL has learned from GCS and GWS is that Tassie will need every established player they can get (not just the heavy draft concessions) to make the team as competitive as possible from day dot. There’s a bumper crop of Tasmanians in this draft and they’ll all enter their 4th/5th year in the system when Tassie come in which will be their prime. The AFL will be frothing about getting as many home as possible, McKercher will be the centrepiece and I’m sure they’ll relish the pay day and possibly playing together again if the opportunity presents after winning the U18 carnival for the Allies this year. God knows how much the AFL facilitated the GAJ to GCS deal behind closed doors and that was the hard one getting him to LEAVE home, not to mention two generations of history and success in the team he was playing in. We aren’t going to be grand finalists in 2026/2027 when the decision will be made and McKercher would be GOING home, not leaving. All everyone talks about is the Reid flight risk which he has been unequivocal in putting to bed. No one talks about the risk of McKercher going home if we were to hand over Harley Reid. FFS ROB JTR.

The one lesson I think the AFL has learned from GCS and GWS is that Tassie will need every established player they can get (not just the heavy draft concessions) to make the team as competitive as possible from day dot. There’s a bumper crop of Tasmanians in this draft and they’ll all enter their 4th/5th year in the system when Tassie come in which will be their prime. The AFL will be frothing about getting as many home as possible, McKercher will be the centrepiece and I’m sure they’ll relish the pay day and possibly playing together again if the opportunity presents after winning the U18 carnival for the Allies this year. God knows how much the AFL facilitated the GAJ to GCS deal behind closed doors and that was the hard one getting him to LEAVE home, not to mention two generations of history and success in the team he was playing in. We aren’t going to be grand finalists in 2026/2027 when the decision will be made and McKercher would be GOING home, not leaving. All everyone talks about is the Reid flight risk which he has been unequivocal in putting to bed. No one talks about the risk of McKercher going home if we were to hand over Harley Reid. FFS ROB JTR.
Lots of assumptions there and zero evidence of anything except that the kid is from Tasmania.

Well said. I just hope ROB and Duane Massey are not underestimating the McKercher flight risk.

Normally I would have faith in WCE being able to keep the player but yes when the AFL get involved in protecting their investment in creating a new Team its healthy to have doubts and lose that faith ..

Duggan was pretty decent kick when he first got here... not sure exactly what happened, but it's definitely gone the other way since...
Never been a good kick. His floating, rolling ball drop is the problem, it tumbles as it falls. occasionally it falls OK and he kicks well.

The total lack of effort to try on his right foot is as big as any other problem, he gets caught trying to swing onto his left.

Always amazes me how left footers think they are a special case and don't need both sides, Sheed, Gaff and Duggo arent bad on their right, they just telegraph they are trying to go left.

Well said. I just hope ROB and Duane Massey are not underestimating the McKercher flight risk.
I don’t think McKercher even knows that he’s a flight risk. I’m sure he would have said all the right things in his interviews and probably believed what he was saying but when the AFL come knocking and say we’ll pay you an extra $1m a year as a Tasmanian ambassador on top of what will be a $1.5m+ a year contract how can he possibly knock that back? Hopefully ROB and Duane familiarise themselves with the push to get GAJ to GCS and come to the conclusion that it is actually Reid who is the safer bet.

Never been a good kick. His floating, rolling ball drop is the problem, it tumbles as it falls. occasionally it falls OK and he kicks well.

The total lack of effort to try on his right foot is as big as any other problem, he gets caught trying to swing onto his left.

Always amazes me how left footers think they are a special case and don't need both sides, Sheed, Gaff and Duggo arent bad on their right, they just telegraph they are trying to go left.

I distinctly remember him being a silky kick in his first season or two - there was a gif going round of him 360ing round someone and drilling a bullet pass from like 2016.

Not sure what happened but his action looks like it's gotten worse as he's bulked up - like the arc of his swing is now offbalance and looks awkward.

Agree about the left-footer thing. Still surprises me kicking on your opposite isn't an automatic decision when the situation demands it for so many players.

but when the AFL come knocking and say we’ll pay you an extra $1m a year as a Tasmanian ambassador on top of what will be a $1.5m+ a year contract how can he possibly knock that back?
Not sure the AFL will have any funds available after their godfather offer to get Mitch O'Neil back home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back