List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Surely with Schlong already at West Coast and WA, the need to also draft another Vic Country player to hold Harley's hand is a moot point.

Would rather A.Reid, Schoenmaker, C.Edwards, MEdwards or Stevens with that pick than Demattia.
One for each hand obviously

caucasian-girls-walking-with-balloons-at-sunset.jpg

Last edited:
Just 11 days to go until Reid is locked and trading is donzo

There will be no trading on draft day. A huge impactful club defining decision is not going to happen last min on the draft day.

That's nonsense

Also if it did believe me eagles hq would be burnt to crisps.

I must say this trade/pick period has been rather peaceful. norf are getting gtfo by every club
I know you’re fanatical about getting Reid to the point of obsession, but last minute trades are literally what the draft is.

Tend to agree. I don’t think they’d pull the pin on Harley at pick 1 on draft night, would get plenty of fans offside in the context of him saying he’d like number 9 & that socials post they put out. I don’t think that’s all as insignificant as it may seem. My thoughts are he knows, and is already locked in with us 🔒

There will be no trading on draft day. A huge impactful club defining decision is not going to happen last min on the draft day.

That's nonsense

Also if it did believe me eagles hq would be burnt to crisps.

I must say this trade/pick period has been rather peaceful. norf are getting gtfo by every club
Yeah have to say the talk of the club getting on the clock then doing a trade instead of taking the pick seems very, very unlikely. Good trade or no at that point it would just be too big a curveball for the fanbase and very unlikely to be for a meaningfully better offer than they would see by the end of next week.

Remote possibility it could happen but they announce it ahead of time - but given the club has been hyping the fans up so much even that seems like it would be a very bad idea.

Yes the trade period for picks ends on November 10 and doesn’t open again until 30 minutes before the draft starts

But that doesn’t mean clubs can’t continue to negotiate and even reach an agreement. It just can’t be lodged with the AFL until draft night

Like it or not, the speculation around pick 1 will continue unabated with talk of last minute offers or that WCE are reconsidering for some bullshit reason

It will only stop when we call out Harley Reid when the draft starts. And even the AFL will be telling us to hold the announcement for a few minutes to help build the tension

Then the speculation will start on when Reid will be coaxed back to Victoria

Yes the trade period for picks ends on November 10 and doesn’t open again until 30 minutes before the draft starts

But that doesn’t mean clubs can’t continue to negotiate and even reach an agreement. It just can’t be lodged with the AFL until draft night

Like it or not, the speculation around pick 1 will continue unabated with talk of last minute offers or that WCE are reconsidering for some bullshit reason

It will only stop when we call out Harley Reid when the draft starts. And even the AFL will be telling us to hold the announcement for a few minutes to help build the tension

I imagine the scrutiny if draft him will be incredible too. Like when Woosha was asked about Swifts transition to afl after like 5 games.

The coverage isn't going to ease up until we are back in contention.

Going to be a long three weeks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely with Schlong already at West Coast and WA, the need to also draft another Vic Country player to hold Harley's hand is a moot point.

Would rather A.Reid, Schoenmaker, C.Edwards, MEdwards or Stevens with that pick than Demattia.
I don't mind demattia he has pace , mongrel and sticks his tackles . He kicking isn't as bad as people make out . He usually hits targets when he has time and space .

Our midfield atm is just witches hats if we don't get the ball .

Kelly , sheed and gaff offer zero spread from the stoppage when chasing opposition leading to clean clearance take away then quality i50s for our opponents.

You need guys that can spread fast and apply pressure or pounce on the loose ball .

I doubt demattia lasts until pick 29 ? What our 2nd ends up

I would use that pick on collard anyway

Yeah have to say the talk of the club getting on the clock then doing a trade instead of taking the pick seems very, very unlikely. Good trade or no at that point it would just be too big a curveball for the fanbase and very unlikely to be for a meaningfully better offer than they would see by the end of next week.

Remote possibility it could happen but they announce it ahead of time - but given the club has been hyping the fans up so much even that seems like it would be a very bad idea.

It would be a bad idea if North blink and offer something silly on draft night and we dont consider it.

They buckle and offer 2, 17, 18 and their F1 for 1, 37 and a F2nd.

Too many fans obsessed with this shiny potential new toy in Harley. Versus the opportunity to add quality AND quantity over the next two drafts.

I don't mind demattia he has pace , mongrel and sticks his tackles . He kicking isn't as bad as people make out . He usually hits targets when he has time and space .

Our midfield atm is just witches hats if we don't get the ball .

Kelly , sheed and gaff offer zero spread from the stoppage when chasing opposition leading to clean clearance take away then quality i50s for our opponents.

You need guys that can spread fast and apply pressure or pounce on the loose ball .

I doubt demattia lasts until pick 29 ? What our 2nd ends up

I would use that pick on collard anyway
Agree with everything you have said apart from Collard. Our spread and contested ball is shocking with the above
plodders you have noted the chief culprits. Collard would be a great value NGA addition with pick 58/81 but in terms of list needs there are far more holes to fill before a cherry on the top type player, particularly when we have just recruited Brockman. Without being privy to exactly what happened with Collard interstate, this and list need makes him NGA only for mine.

I’ve got DeMattia going 18/19 with Saints or Crows pick who have both shown interest. If he slide to our second pick he’s a no brainer for me but I think we’re so far off in this compromise draft there’s no way anyone I’ve got in my top 20 slides that far.

I think we’ll end up taking ZZ with this pick, but if we get any indication that he may slide to 37 (or an upgraded pick 32 from GCS pick swap) then C Edwards would be a good get if available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be a bad idea if North blink and offer something silly on draft night and we dont consider it.

Too many fans obsessed with this shiny potential new toy in Harley. Versus the opportunity to add quality AND quantity over the next two drafts.
I would agree in the case of a ridiculous offer like that but I just think it is unlikely to materialise that late. Also if North are so unwilling to spend picks 2 and 3 I'd be very surprised if they are okay with 2 and F1.

Cooper Simpson > Dematia as a mid IMO.

Coincidentally both Stingrays co captain's as well. I rate Simpson a lot higher than most do by the looks. Getting slept on this draft.
He does look good in any footage I can find. Still a Charlie Edwards fan too.

Cooper Simpson > Dematia as a mid IMO.

Coincidentally both Stingrays co captain's as well. I rate Simpson a lot higher than most do by the looks. Getting slept on this draft.
Remember how someone said that Clay Hall towelled up Reid. Hall actually mostly played on DeMattia in the first half.

Not that actually means much they shook hands at the start of the game and went about there own business.
I’m not the biggest fan of DeMattia either I see a bit of pace and that’s about it.

Kane mcauliffe looks like a decent midfield prospect later in the draft ,big body with a good kick
Anyone know much about him?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you want a big body with a good kick but lacks speed then Stevens is an upgrade on Kane. Stevens probably doesn’t go as late in the draft as Kane however.

He does look good in any footage I can find. Still a Charlie Edwards fan too.

I think we all are, however Charlie will be long gone when Simpson eventually comes of the board.

That mix of players 15 ish through 40 is really very even.

Of course we should take a massive offer like the above where we'd be looking at two top 3 picks. I don't think anyone is saying don't take crazy offers, just more that no one see's North actually doing that so who are we kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back