List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

The offer would be #4 this year and around #8 - 10 next year for #1 this year.

I wouldn’t be doing that.
If we could get 4 & F1 from Hawthorn for our F1, be sure Curtin would slide to 10 AND make a deal with Adelaide to turn 4 into 10 and 20, I'd do that. I'm not sure Adelaide would though as they'd probably prefer our F1 themselves. I'm not sure why Hawthorn would be offering the same for our F1 as pick 1 this year either.

If we could get 4 & F1 from Hawthorn for our F1, be sure Curtin would slide to 10 AND make a deal with Adelaide to turn 4 into 10 and 20, I'd do that. I'm not sure Adelaide would though as they'd probably prefer our F1 themselves. I'm not sure why Hawthorn would be offering the same for our F1 as pick 1 this year either.
Simpler to offer Crows our F1 for their F1, 10,14 if Curtin slides?

Callum Twomey
@CalTwomey
·
6m

Hawthorn has flown Dan Curtin over to Melbourne to interview him today at their headquarters. Right in the mix for pick 4 if the Roos overlook him. Hawthorn's final round of interviews always kept to the last week. Connor O'Sullivan also at Hawks today for a last chat.
@AFLcomau
Really surprised that North Melbourne aren't taking Curtin over Duursma. Both players are rated fairly similar draft wise but Curtin is a greater need IMO, also quite a few of the Key Position players are likely to be taken by their later picks.

The offer would be #4 this year and around #8 - 10 next year for #1 this year.

I wouldn’t be doing that.

Neither would I, I don’t think the club would either. I just think this is what Hawthorn will be trying to do, hence them leaking the Curtin interview.

Really surprised that North Melbourne aren't taking Curtin over Duursma. Both players are rated fairly similar draft wise but Curtin is a greater need IMO, also quite a few of the Key Position players are likely to be taken by their later picks.

I've touched on it before. Him deciding to be a mid probably changed some minds at North.

You can't base what you do or plan to do with your draft picks on your guess/assumptions/wishes about what other clubs will do. We have no idea what other clubs will do. Better to just admit that and come up with a decision tree for each pick based on who you think the best players are and what your needs are, as opposed to a decision tree based on assumptions of which player might slide and which might be a bolter and which club wants which player. Trying to guess what other clubs will do is a complete waste of time.

If Curtin goes to Hawks at 4 it sets the top 8 up really

1. Harley Reid
2. Jed Walters
3. Colby McKerchee
4. Zane Duursma
5. Daniel Curtin
6. Nick Watson
7. Ethan Read
8. Ryley Sanders

I think top 8 is set in stone as one could get. Doggies will grab Watson and Demons Sanders

You can't base what you do or plan to do with your draft picks on your guess/assumptions/wishes about what other clubs will do. We have no idea what other clubs will do. Better to just admit that and come up with a decision tree for each pick based on who you think the best players are and what your needs are, as opposed to a decision tree based on assumptions of which player might slide and which might be a bolter and which club wants which player. Trying to guess what other clubs will do is a complete waste of time.
Counter to this view is in 2013 when we traded back in the draft giving pick 6 and 44 to collingwood for pick 11, 31 and 49 because we predicted we could still draft Sheed 5 picks later...

Why would I?
Pantsaw?

i-want-to-play-a-game-creepy.gif

1. Harley Reid
2. Jed Walters
3. Colby McKerchee
4. Zane Duursma
5. Daniel Curtin
6. Nick Watson
7. Ethan Read
8. Ryley Sanders

I think top 8 is set in stone as one could get. Doggies will grab Watson and Demons Sanders
Close but not quite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close but not quite.

Let me guess….. Boyd Woodcock gets a reprieve ?????

Reality Check.
B Splinterdick is as good a footballer, as
M Splinterdick is a good journalist.

A Grade Amateurs.

Let me guess….. Boyd Woodcock gets a reprieve ?????

Reality Check.
B Splinterdick is as good a footballer, as
M Splinterdick is a good journalist.

A Grade Amateurs.
Well - I was actually being serious for once but now you point it out....I'd love for him to get another shot and give you the double bird 😂

Really harsh too. Splinterdick the journalist is more like Cale Morton the footballer.
Splinterdick the footballer is more like Ryan Daniels the journalist...Under rated by all bar those in his state. (playing)

Just like you're the board equivalent of Sam Newman!

9566311524_402eb17eac.jpg

I dunno… In one of his interviews Reid spoke about doing Pilates with Long. Two blokes next to each other in lyrca is pretty close…

80S Reaction GIF

Forget what the fans want, the way I'm looking at it, the CLUB has shown interest in Curtin, and I am mentally preparing for what MIGHT happen IF Curtin slides to Melbourne's pick.

If that happens, swapping first rounders is very possible.

It means the CLUB ranks Curtin highly, and if he turns out elite, it was worth the trade.
Projects to be average, if he was 10 cm shorter wouldn't be top 20

Do Hawthorn realise technology enables online meetings these days? Curtin’s flying in for the draft anyway. If it’s just about a tour of the facilities maybe invite him out there while he’s in Melbourne. Seems almost as if they want this story to get out…
Bait Norf into taking him at 3 so that they can't trade down from 3 with Melbourne for 6 and other picks. Hawks want Duursma.

1. Harley Reid
2. Jed Walters
3. Colby McKerchee
4. Zane Duursma
5. Daniel Curtin
6. Nick Watson
7. Ethan Read
8. Ryley Sanders

Will be interesting to see where Read gets bid at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back