List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Well - I was actually being serious for once but now you point it out....I'd love for him to get another shot and give you the double bird 😂

Phew .......... looks like I am pretty safe then. :thumbsu:

Really harsh too. Splinterdick the journalist is more like Cale Morton the footballer.
Splinterdick the footballer is more like Jeff Ryan Daniels the journalist...Under rated by all bar those in his state. (playin

download-4.jpg

Regards

Sam.

This time next week Reid will be on our list and we can all finally rest
It's been a long year.

Our rivalry with North for pick 1 has had an amazing number of twists and turns, right up to them being gifted the currency to buy it and being unwilling to spend it.

Still can't believe they managed to lose 20 games straight to stay in the hunt only to lose concentration in the last game.

Going to be nice in a week when it's finally over.

Do Hawthorn realise technology enables online meetings these days? Curtin’s flying in for the draft anyway. If it’s just about a tour of the facilities maybe invite him out there while he’s in Melbourne. Seems almost as if they want this story to get out…
Arrogant Mitchell thinking he's starter than everyone

I completely agree

This time next week Reid will be on our list and we can all finally rest

Next Tuesday morning, Victorian journos

When will Harley Reid request a trade home to Victoria?
Here is the trade packages your team could offer for him

Last edited:
It's been a long year.

Our rivalry with North for pick 1 has had an amazing number of twists and turns, right up to them being gifted the currency to buy it and being unwilling to spend it.

Still can't believe they managed to lose 20 games straight to stay in the hunt only to lose concentration in the last game.

Going to be nice in a week when it's finally over.

Not to mention the game v Sydney manufacturing a goal for the opposition at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really surprised that North Melbourne aren't taking Curtin over Duursma. Both players are rated fairly similar draft wise but Curtin is a greater need IMO, also quite a few of the Key Position players are likely to be taken by their later picks.

If North were good at drafting they wouldn't have to beg the AFL for extra picks though.

Best 22 and depth pre-draft (but with Reid of course):

FB: Yeo Barrass Duggan
HB: Hunt McGovern Hough
C: Chesser Reid Burgiel
HF: Cripps Allen Hewett
FF: Ryan B.Williams Long
R: Flynn Kelly Ginbey
INT: Petruccelle Jones Maric Cole
SUB: Brockman

Depth:
DEF: Bazzo, H.Edwards, Rotham, Witherden
MID: Culley, L.Edwards, Sheed, Gaff, Trew
FWD: J.Williams, Waterman, Darling
RUCK: Jamieson, Barnett

Yes, I know, I know. Few injuries and bang! Gaff is in the guts. But does that best 22 not look damn exciting?
Reid and Hewett rotating between mid and forward.
Ginbey rotating with Duggan feat the odd Yeo cameo.
Chesser and Burgiel learning their craft on the wings.
Experience to balance out the youth despite Darling, Gaff and Sheed waiting in the wings.

It's also interesting to note the depth areas we're weakest in once the starting team has filled out.
Personally feel we should prioritise a mercurial forward (Collard, Moir?), KPD project (Zakostelsky?), fast and skilful rebounder (Jiath?), and more mids that complement the existing core perhaps (Simpson?). Another project ruck, provided he's a genuinely tall prospect (Edwards?), wouldn't surprise me either, but I'd prefer to back the current young rucks in, still have a lot of faith in Barnett.

Best 22 and depth pre-draft (but with Reid of course):

FB: Yeo Barrass Duggan
HB: Hunt McGovern Hough
C: Chesser Reid Burgiel
HF: Cripps Allen Hewett
FF: Ryan B.Williams Long
R: Flynn Kelly Ginbey
INT: Petruccelle Jones Maric Cole
SUB: Brockman

Depth:
DEF: Bazzo, H.Edwards, Rotham, Witherden
MID: Culley, L.Edwards, Sheed, Gaff, Trew
FWD: J.Williams, Waterman, Darling
RUCK: Jamieson, Barnett

Yes, I know, I know. Few injuries and bang! Gaff is in the guts. But does that best 22 not look damn exciting?
Reid and Hewett rotating between mid and forward.
Ginbey rotating with Duggan feat the odd Yeo cameo.
Chesser and Burgiel learning their craft on the wings.
Experience to balance out the youth despite Darling, Gaff and Sheed waiting in the wings.

It's also interesting to note the depth areas we're weakest in once the starting team has filled out.
Personally feel we should prioritise a mercurial forward (Collard, Moir?), KPD project (Zakostelsky?), fast and skilful rebounder (Jiath?), and more mids that complement the existing core perhaps (Simpson?). Another project ruck, provided he's a genuinely tall prospect (Edwards?), wouldn't surprise me either, but I'd prefer to back the current young rucks in, still have a lot of faith in Barnett.
I think I agree to a man. Not as bad as people are saying.Defensive worries centre on Yo and Govs longevity.Short term there’s a lot centring on Flynn.With a good injury run I still think we can fringe the eight.

Also why are you so sure the 2025 draft will be compromised by Tassie. Have you any information on this?

I think some people are confusing why the 2025 draft is compromised. It's by the Academies not the Tassie team.

The under 16s All Australian team (who will be the 2025 draft class) was 11 out of 22 from the academies...

2023 AFL U16 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM
B: Lachlan Carmichael (Swans Academy), Willem Duursma (Vic Country), Lucas Wootton (Tasmania)
HB: Harrison Wilson (Giants Academy), Kalani White (Suns Academy), Harrison Bridge (Lions Academy)
C: Zeke Uwland (Suns Academy), Jack Dalton (Vic Metro), Dylan Patterson (Suns Academy)
HF: Jai Murray (Suns Academy), Noah Chamberlain (Swans Academy), Beau Addinsall (Suns Academy)
F: Oliver Greeves (Vic Metro), Archie Ludowyke (Vic Metro), Basil Hart (Western Australia)
FOL: Louis Emmett (Vic Metro), Dyson Sharp (South Australia)*, Ryder Corrigan (Giants Academy)

Cooper Simpson would definitely be a great get, he is probably going to fall in between our 2nd and 3rd pick at this stage though. I’d love to get the Suns pick 24 to grab him, I really do believe in him.

Jiath is another one I really like, great size and a lot of raw talent to work with. Could be the run and gun HBF we crave.

Jeez the Duursma mum has one helluva clown car vagina.

Yasmin plays AFL-W for Port.

Likely chance all four of them (Zane, Xavier, Yasmin and Willem) plays top level AFL and I guess their parents like names starting with the last four letters of the alphabet. Maybe there's a fifth and sixth named Ursula and Victor or something.

Yasmin plays AFL-W for Port.

Likely chance all four of them (Zane, Xavier, Yasmin and Willem) plays top level AFL and I guess their parents like names starting with the last four letters of the alphabet. Maybe there's a fifth and sixth named Ursula and Victor or something.

Hoping she's got a few more in her and she makes it all the way to H so Hurdy Duursma can be blessed upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back