List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Do we think Curtin is a better midfield prospect than O’Sullivan, Smillie, smith or morales?

Unless a generational KPP you draft elite midfielders with top three picks. Trading one away for Curtin is madness.
Lol no. Curtin is not even ahead of Sanders as a mid.

That's the risk but I wouldn't melt if we take it.

On the flip side, we could hold their F1 when their culture finally implodes and the meth lad is discovered in Goodwin’s basement. Points stripped, top up players etc …we land pick 1 😎

They call the meth lad Clayton.

Lol no. Curtin is not even ahead of Sanders as a mid.

That's the risk but I wouldn't melt if we take it.
Really, Sanders is good but also not amazing. I wouldn't label him a damaging midfield, more death by 1000 cuts. Curtin has good movement out of stoppage and elite kick and is quite good over head.

In saying that, I'm definitely playing him as a 3rd tall rebounding defender.

Do we think Curtin is a better midfield prospect than O’Sullivan, Smillie, smith or morales?

Unless a generational KPP you draft elite midfielders with top three picks. Trading one away for Curtin is madness.
My thought is more we already have Ginbey, Hewett and extremely likely getting Reid for a future A Grade midfield. Do we need more mids next year as good as they might be? Add Long, Culley, Chesser, Hough, Burgiel and we've got plenty of young guys that can roll through there.

Taking Curtin as a 3rd tall rebounding defender is hardly madness.

Posters in here be like

“Don’t want Curtin” after he has lived up to expectations in his draft year

No Way Friday GIF

“Let’s get Moir” after sliding off most clubs draft boards

Big Brother Yes GIF by Big Brother Australia
Because he isn't a top 2 talent

My thought is more we already have Ginbey, Hewett and extremely likely getting Reid for a future A Grade midfield. Do we need more mids next year as good as they might be? Add Long, Culley, Chesser, Hough, Burgiel and we've got plenty of young guys that can roll through there.

We definitely do need more elite mids, all of the best midfields bat deep. If it costs us a top 2 pick it is absolutely madness

Last edited:

Just a really expensive third tall rebounder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m enjoying all the pre melts we are having about Curtin and future picks.

I am over the moon that we are likely taking Reid at pick one, but to potentially have another live trade on night one is exciting.

I obviously hope we don’t pay overs, but I’m looking forward to the draft even more now that the Eagles might be trading up.

Too many maybes in there for me to consider the build of our premiership winning midfield complete by bypassing an elite mid with what is a good chance to be a pick 1 for a 3rd tall.

I’d expect Wins above replacement differential to be much high between a midfielder picked at 1 and 30 than a 3rd tall defender at similar picks.

As far as selling out future first to get Curtin, lets remember that the people running the club don't agree with most of their supporters and the unanimous consensus view within the AFL industry that we have the worst list in the league and are facing a 5 year rebuild with the next 3 years almost certain to be spent in the bottom 4. They just don't accept that recent results reflect where the club is at. That is very, very obvious.

So in their minds, they may well think that we will be challenging for the 8 next year and if everybody else thinks we are going to win the spoon then why not sell our future first and get a price for it that reflects/has the assumption baked in that we are likely to win the spoon? They might think they can sell our future first and the buyer will think they are getting pick 1 next year and pay a premium for that when in reality it will likely be pick 8 or 9 (in their minds).

Is that so?

Just a really expensive third tall rebounder
Too many maybes in there for me to consider the build of our premiership winning midfield complete by bypassing an elite mid with what is a good chance to be a pick 1 for a 3rd tall.

I’d expect Wins above replacement differential to be much high between a midfielder picked at 1 and 30 than a 3rd tall defender at similar picks.
Curtin is A Grade, and I know rebounding defender doesn't sound appealing for what would be a high pick. But he's got the tools to become on the best defenders in the league.

Is that so?
This is an opinion board. It exists for the purpose of people posting opinions. If you are too immature to tolerate opinions that you don't agree with then maybe go and entertain yourself with a more low IQ activity like playing computer games or something.

I think it is fairly self explanatory that if you are wanting to trade your first pick next year for pick 7 or 8 this year then that means that you think it is likely that your first pick next year won't be significantly lower than 7 or 8. If you thought you were going to finish down the bottom again and end up with pick 1, 2 or 3 then you would not be entertaining this trade.

This is an opinion board. It exists for the purpose of people posting opinions. If you are too immature to tolerate opinions that you don't agree with then maybe go and entertain yourself with a more low IQ activity like playing computer games or something.

You also need to be mature enough to deal with people disagreeing with your opinions, which - let's be honest - 99% of are absolutely terrible.

I think it is fairly self explanatory that if you are wanting to trade your first pick next year for pick 7 or 8 this year then that means that you think it is likely that your first pick next year won't be significantly lower than 7 or 8. If you thought you were going to finish down the bottom again and end up with pick 1, 2 or 3 then you would not be entertaining this trade.
Unless of course you rate the player being taken at pick 7 or 8 as a top 3 prospect and therefore are simply bringing the pick forward a year?

Curtin is A Grade, and I know rebounding defender doesn't sound appealing for what would be a high pick. But he's got the tools to become on the best defenders in the league.
I don’t disagree mate I know he’s quality, could be an elite playmaker from the back.

Just a potentially very high price to pay for an inbetween

That’s not what you were saying. You were stating what club and people are doing and thinking with zero evidence from anywhere. I think that’s actually defamatory. Accusing without evidence is not a good thing to be doing in life (free advice).

Now of course you can have a view on whether the trade would be a shocker but that’s not what you were saying.

People are forgetting the fact that Curtin will pretty much be a 200+ gamer for the club if he stays fit as there will never be a go home factor.

We currently don’t have an elite composed rebounder that could setup play for us as well as Lewis Jetta did and it was the absolute difference for us in all of 2018 between winning flag and not winning flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back