List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Always good to look up these 'ITKs' posting history before you start believing their BS.

Seems respected enough/listened to amongst them. Other than that, meh - aren't we all indulging in this with a sense of irony anyway? There's no reason to wholeheartedly trust anyone on here, the truly sensible thing to do would be to simply abstain from speculation and rumour-mongering completely. But I for one can't resist.

Seems respected enough/listened to amongst them. Other than that, meh - aren't we all indulging in this with a sense of irony anyway? There's no reason to wholeheartedly trust anyone on here, the truly sensible thing to do would be to simply abstain from speculation and rumour-mongering completely. But I for one can't resist.
Their ITKs thought Ryan would request a trade to Hawthorn.

I guess they were right about Ryan and Brockman playing together, got the team wrong though.

Bit more from the Hawks board from supposed ITK:

pantskyle WCE_phil any thoughts on how that jibes with what you know? It's the first part that interests me -- would indicate that ROB's line about being comfortable sitting on pick 1 unless some special offer comes our way is largely just spin.
This is absolute bs, geez there are some w**kers on here. We aren’t approaching anyone. We have anywhere between 3 and 5 sides absolutely clambering for the pick that we are very happy to keep. Do you honestly think we are shopping it around even if our intention is to trade it? No. That lowers its value. Whilst i’m not comfortable that ROB doesn’t accept what I consider to be unders for pick 1, I am VERY confident that he’s been around long enough as to not devalue its worth by calling clubs and saying “hey fellas, pick 1 fire sale how about it?”. That fact that any elite Victorian Hawks player would agree to be shipped off to the wooden spooners as part of the deal is absolutely fanciful. What a joke. Hawks “ITK”, give yourself an uppercut.

This is absolute bs, geez there are some w**kers on here. We aren’t approaching anyone. We have anywhere between 3 and 5 sides absolutely clambering for the pick that we are very happy to keep. Do you honestly think we are shopping it around even if our intention is to trade it? No. That lowers its value. Whilst i’m not comfortable that ROB doesn’t accept what I consider to be unders for pick 1, I am VERY confident that he’s been around long enough as to not devalue its worth by calling clubs and saying “hey fellas, pick 1 fire sale how about it?”. That fact that any elite Victorian Hawks player would agree to be shipped off to the wooden spooners as part of the deal is absolutely fanciful. What a joke. Hawks “ITK”, give yourself an uppercut.

now THAT's the response I was after

" Don't get pick 1 very often ( Hope not ROB ) so unless an offer is to good to refuse , We will take pick 1 to the draft "

ROB last week , along those lines .

After hearing Harley Reid comments/interview last few days , I was impressed .
Given his comments in those interviews I think he’s been given a strong indication that he’s probably heading west.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any deal that included a player would have to be completed during trade week , right?

If picks only can be all the way up til the selection?

Yes

When the trade period closes on Wednesday 18/10 it’s only picks that can be traded

Which is why it isn't happening.

No way a month away from the draft we give pick one away.

The godfather offer doesnt come until we are on the clock.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Spot on. If North gets desperate enough on draft night to offer 2,3 and 14/F1 I can live with that (begrudgingly). Otherwise…
1696736292620.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back