List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Just remember that approximately 95% of inside knowledge on BF is rubbish.
I don't know about that...Can't speak for the rest of the forum but I'm pretty sure the people on this board who share what they can are connected.
It's appreciated they put forward anything the can.

I pretty much fallen out of the circles now but I used to have very good connections myself.

I don't see what you'd have to gain by pretending to be ITK.

I don't know about that...Can't speak for the rest of the forum but I'm pretty sure the people on this board who share what they can are connected.

I pretty much fallen out of the circles now but I used to have very good connections myself.

1696738341252.png

Me either but it appears there's a heck of a lot that do it.

It was around the end of the first week last year when credible reports of the mega trade between Port, North and WCE started to emerge When the deal was eventually done early the following week the gist of those reports were thereabouts

I don’t think we’ll see anything substantial on a trade for pick 1 until the McKay FA is sorted then it’ll be on. Clubs will know what assets are in play and make judgements on what can be offered/accepted with certainty

If we do trade pick 1, I suspect there’ll be a third, and possibly a 4th club involved

What would it looked like if Norf offer 2 and their future 1 for the Reid pick? Would it need the Port 14 with a swap of our R2? May have to accept 3 and not 2 to get the extra pick

I think that could deliver 2 top 4 picks in 2024 and the midfield options look great at the pointy end. There would be a real possibility that we get pick 1 and 2 in 2024. Hell - manipulate a contract do we let a player like Barrass go as a FA next year and get 1 2 and 3

We then focus on anything but midfielders this year

2, 14 and their future 1st probably gets accepted for sure. I can see them winning a few more games next year but I’d be shocked if they aren’t a bottom 4 team again.

That’s a fair call but to be fair it’s Curtin, O’Sullivan/Murphy and a Demattia/Schoenmaker type. If Curtin is there at 4 (6) then happy to take him but in NO way am I specifically trading up for Curtin. If we stay healthy and put this team on the park then I’m backing us to climb off the bottom 2 at least and if that happens it’s an absolute no brainer:

B: Burgiel Barrass Duggan
HB: Yeo McGovern Hough
C: Hunt Kelly Chesser
HF: Cripps Darling Reid
F: Ryan Allen Long
F: BWilliams, Ginbey, Hewett
I/C: Flynn, Cole, Maric, Curtin
Sub: Demattia

Nice young team.

What it clearly shows is we need another mature bigger, inside mid or two to look after the 1 to 3rd year players. Those kids wont last half a season doing all the heavy lifting.

Not in yiur side is Sheed, Trew, Edwards or Petrucelle. So there are some older bodies there to help. But not a bash and crash big mid.

Nice young team.

What it clearly shows is we need another mature bigger, inside mid or two to look after the 1 to 3rd year players. Those kids wont last half a season doing all the heavy lifting.

Not in yiur side is Sheed, Trew, Edwards or Petrucelle. So there are some older bodies there to help. But not a bash and crash big mid.
Spot on. Which is why i’m a bit more disappointed than most that Dev didn’t make it over, or would have been ok with going after a Boak type. Dev would have been a great fit. Sheed could easily be the sub depending on how our 2nd pick progresses. If we take a KP type then Sheed is in. I don’t think Edwards, Trew or Petch would offer much more than 2nd-3rd year players in terms of grunt/body size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We live in a society full of flogs and small dick syndrome

They probably get a kick of it, make them feel good.

These people believe their own lies

Sad times.

When is that McKay dickhead going to have his paperwork finalized.

Hurry up already, you're slowing everything down.

Sooner we get that circus out of the way and see what charity the tin rattlers receive, the sooner we can put it in the rearview to focus on the Brockman acquisition and draft board.

Taylor adams tapped on the shoulder.

Coach would've effectively said. "Finlay Macray will be prioritised next year and I suspect you will spend some time in the maggooos."

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I haven`t seen any mention of it but Xavier Duursma has done a medical for Essendon and interestingly Dodo wants Mckay compo Pick 3 off North to get Zane Duursma ..

Sooner we get that circus out of the way and see what charity the tin rattlers receive, the sooner we can put it in the rearview to focus on the Brockman acquisition and draft board.

Free Agency should start earlier and it should close before trading starts

It doesn’t need to be a week long given there’s only usually about half a dozen or so each year and half of them are small fry

Totally stupid that Essendon could conceivably not lodge the paperwork for McKay until Friday when the compensation pick North get will have a major bearing on trade week. And that’s assuming they don’t match which they would have until the following Monday to do, then negotiate a trade if they do

They’ve known for weeks that McKay wants to come to them based on the contract they’ve already offered

Nope I want essedon to drag this shit out. Completely stopping north from even trading.

The longer this goes the more desprate norf get.

It was around the end of the first week last year when credible reports of the mega trade between Port, North and WCE started to emerge When the deal was eventually done early the following week the gist of those reports were thereabouts

I don’t think we’ll see anything substantial on a trade for pick 1 until the McKay FA is sorted then it’ll be on. Clubs will know what assets are in play and make judgements on what can be offered/accepted with certainty

If we do trade pick 1, I suspect there’ll be a third, and possibly a 4th club involved
On nothing else but a pure feeling, I actually think we're going to deal with Hawks on this.

I think it'll look like;
Something like - Out Picks 1,55,60 - In Picks 3, F1, 30, Mackenzie and Brockman

Lose Reid, 55 and 60
Gain McKercher/Duursma, (Draper/Smillie/Smith), (ZZ/Collard/Delean/C.Edwards/Morris/Weatherill), Mackenzie and Brockman

Taylor adams tapped on the shoulder.

Coach would've effectively said. "Finlay Macray will be prioritised next year and I suspect you will spend some time in the maggooos."

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
They won a premiership without him .

I have heard that they are still very tight on the salary cap so much so they couldn't offer some of their young guys new contacts. Bianco , draiper , ruscoe all to be taken as rookies or replaced with new draftees on base wage .

Collingwood are hoping the afl rule that if Grundy moves on they won't be liable for the % of his contract anymore which is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back