List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

With regards to trading picks for cap space as you mentioned Keys in an earlier post, I can’t help but feel it will bite us and help the afl run clubs and big vic clubs rort the system.

I’m imagining a world where our trade targets, up and coming, are retained on bigger coin at their current clubs who flog a pick to old mate at club up the road.

Sydney, Gold Coast, Brisbane, GWS are in the purple circle of vAFL handouts so won’t bite the hand that feeds. Will be interesting to see what goes down in the next trade period if this rule eventuates.
I can see Sydney and Geelong buying decent picks every 1-2 and everyone wondering how they're doing it. Of course, the answer will be that they've managed their salary cap better than other teams.

I can see Sydney and Geelong buying decent picks every 1-2 and everyone wondering how they're doing it. Of course, the answer will be that they've managed their salary cap better than other teams.
GC can effectively create picks out of thin air with their academy. They had the best draft haul this year while finishing fourth last, and banked an additional 2 first rounders and a second rounder for next year.

They would be able to sell 2 first rounders next year and still bring in the same amount academy talent next year if it keeps coming as expected.
I don't know what that will equate to in $ but can see them effectively getting 500-1million a year extra salary cap a year by selling their excessive picks on an almost perpetual basis.

GC can effectively create picks out of thin air with their academy. They had the best draft haul this year while finishing fourth last, and banked an additional 2 first rounders and a second rounder for next year.

They would be able to sell 2 first rounders next year and still bring in the same amount academy talent next year if it keeps coming as expected.
I don't know what that will equate to in $ but can see them effectively getting 500-1million a year extra salary cap a year by selling their excessive picks on an almost perpetual basis.

That’s a good point actually. Academy teams will be able to sell off their early picks for bulk salary cap $ and still get first rounders by matching with later picks.

briztoon if you could comment too that would be great
What Are You Talking About Harrison Ford GIF by Star Wars

Gold Coast won't be able to do that. The more high end players they bring in, the more they will have to pay them eventually. They either pay them or trade them to create the cap space required to purchase picks.

I really don’t get the feverish love of Buss on this forum! Hasn’t even played a game yet in a side with a shitty defence.
Enlighten me!!
People wanted to draft him. This board (and frankly the club) are obsessed with players from WA they wanted to/considered drafting that went to another club, regardless of how they've gone since. You should resign yourself for Busslinger being brought up as a target from now until the end of his career.

Eagles will somehow make sure someone goes LTI and we'll be taking a pick.

Eagles will somehow blow it like they did this year by moving a player to the LTI AFTER the MSD.... Was shocked that they didnt explore a second pick with the Natanui situation. Suggests to me that they priortised trying to maybe get him one last farewell game instead of rebuilding our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could go full JHF after 1 season … hope not but who knows
If that’s the case …your first and Barnett you have a deal
Not sure you are spending your time wisely worrying if Beefy will settle

Curtin is as solid as you can get. He is no Horn Francis so relax, enjoy your prized pick as he will not disappoint. The fact that you are lumping these two in 1 thread shows that you are way overthinking things

Judd McVee is one affordable WA kid I’d be looking to poach. Looks very assured down back and has good skills. Rivers would be too expensive now, as would Powell (although no one at GCS is ever that expensive - injuries might be an issue though)

Narkle, Sharp, Ruscoe, Georgiades, Tunstill, English… been hundreds more that I’ve since forgotten
Judd McVee is one affordable WA kid I’d be looking to poach. Looks very assured down back and has good skills. Rivers would be too expensive now, as would Powell (although no one at GCS is ever that expensive - injuries might be an issue though)
Well - That didn't take very long!

Narkle, Sharp, Ruscoe, Georgiades, Tunstill, English… been hundreds more that I’ve since forgotten
Board obsessed yes but it's not like the club has gone after the failed ones. Freo's the prime offender in that area.

Georgiades at one point maybe and English definitely but despite this board he'd be a no-brainer to pick up as a FA.

Eagles will somehow blow it like they did this year by moving a player to the LTI AFTER the MSD.... Was shocked that they didnt explore a second pick with the Natanui situation. Suggests to me that they priortised trying to maybe get him one last farewell game instead of rebuilding our team.

1) Who would we have taken in the MSD had we opened an extra spot?

2) Out of the following who would have been delisted/not recruited this off season as a result -
a) Trew
b) Baker
c) Dewar
d) Livingstone
e) Rawlinson
f) Whoever we took in (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back