List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

1) Who would we have taken in the MSD had we opened an extra spot?

2) Out of the following who would have been delisted/not recruited this off season as a result -
a) Trew
b) Baker
c) Dewar
d) Livingstone
e) Rawlinson
f) Whoever we took in (1)

Its not about who we could have got or would have had to delist. Its the fact that Eagles weren't even willing to put them selves in the position of picking up someone who may have been able to fill an immediate hole in the team, instead electing to hold the spot for a 33 year on the brink of retirement only then to go the rest of the season a man down. Don't get me wrong there was probably alot of things going on behind the scenes, but it just seems strange that they released the news regarding Natanui a week later. Seems like poor management to me.

Wow...Really?
If true, this is a great get. Think the kid has some talent and was a victim of list depth at GWS. Harshly cut short imo.

Not only nice for Reid to have a mate over here but I think he's a genuine shot to get back on an AFL list.

Sounds like a someone who will have a crack and of good character. An outside chance to make it onto a list as a DFA as a mature age pickup.

Good move same as Ruscoe.

dinnaz your time to shine mate
Get him in🔥🔥🔥Would give us a legit successor to McGovern and along with Bazzo leaves us sorted for intercept defenders.

Did well in the VFL and that's after having shoulder surgery in 2022 and coming from a little ways back. Likely plays a block of games at some point but will still be behind Keath, Jones & Darcy in 2024, which could work in our favor.

I'd work a little Dodoro/Monocle ball at the trade table: Endeavor to keep our top pick ~ 6ish intact, and then trade a couple of 2nd rounders and a bit more $$$ than warranted to get the deal over the line.

Its not about who we could have got or would have had to delist. Its the fact that Eagles weren't even willing to put them selves in the position of picking up someone who may have been able to fill an immediate hole in the team, instead electing to hold the spot for a 33 year on the brink of retirement only then to go the rest of the season a man down. Don't get me wrong there was probably alot of things going on behind the scenes, but it just seems strange that they released the news regarding Natanui a week later. Seems like poor management to me.

The timing of the doctor report & the need for a second opinion denied this
It wasn't poor management as you state.

Get him in🔥🔥🔥Would give us a legit successor to McGovern and along with Bazzo leaves us sorted for intercept defenders.

Did well in the VFL and that's after having shoulder surgery in 2022 and coming from a little ways back. Likely plays a block of games at some point but will still be behind Keath, Jones & Darcy in 2024, which could work in our favor.

I'd work a little Dodoro/Monocle ball at the trade table: Endeavor to keep our top pick ~ 6ish intact, and then trade a couple of 2nd rounders and a bit more $$$ than warranted to get the deal over the line.
Yep. Massive Buss fan. Good in the contest and great disposal. 2024 keep 1R for final midfield piece, trade 2R for Buss (swap F2s too if sweetener needed), make sure we have points to match a bid for Champion if the VFL actually agree to NGA 20+ and pick up Baker as a FA. Job done.

Yep. Massive Buss fan. Good in the contest and great disposal. 2024 keep 1R for final midfield piece, trade 2R for Buss (swap F2s too if sweetener needed), make sure we have points to match a bid for Champion if the VFL actually agree to NGA 20+ and pick up Baker as a FA. Job done.
Baker is contracted for another 3 years after 2024.

Has he extended from this? I couldn’t find anything.
Hmm apologies I may have got that one wrong. Not sure why but i thought he signed a long term contract this year.

We are then just missing someone athletic enough to take on the biggest and best KPF.
Playing on the King brothers must be a nightmare for the reach and agility they have.

i was wondering how our list age profile was looking since i keep hearing we haven't even started our rebuild yet. so i pulled the data from footywire...

View attachment 1860659

Good video put together by someone (who I believe also posts here) based on this chart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are then just missing someone athletic enough to take on the biggest and best KPF.
Playing on the King brothers must be a nightmare for the reach and agility they have.
Sam Taylor 2025 FA. Everyone seems to think he’ll be the next captain of GWS but I reckon we’re in with a decent chance. We get Buss and our elite outside mid R1 2024 then Taylor in 2025 FA and we are set to challenge with a list loaded with young talent.

Tbh list age is the biggest crock of s**t that the media go to all the time.

Like with 3 retires we go from "old" to "youthful"
Best 22 is more insightfull. Collingwood suprisling had a very old Gf side. Not far of Geelongs the year before.

Unlike us both those sides managed to keep there top end older players on the park.

It seems like we are now starting to have some quality players competing for positions
Great, hopefully this competition lights a bit more of a fire under the senior players who seem to prefer pointing and yelling at their team mates instead of making genuine contests themselves or players having noticeable increases in performance only when their spot in the team comes under threat.

Great, hopefully this competition lights a bit more of a fire under the senior players who seem to prefer pointing and yelling at their team mates instead of making genuine contests themselves or players having noticeable increases in performance only when their spot in the team comes under threat.
I think this is the hope.

Damn that's optimistic. I like it. Although I'd still want another draft selection.

Pick 1
Champion
Pick 40 smokey
Buzz
Baker

2024 should be the year we trade out a couple of players for second and third.rounders to bolster this plan.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Damn that's optimistic. I like it. Although I'd still want another draft selection.

Pick 1
Champion
Pick 40 smokey
Buzz
Baker

2024 should be the year we trade out a couple of players for second and third.rounders to bolster this plan.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
100% we should look to trade to get picks. Rotham, Witho, LEdwards, HEdwards and Jamieson are the ones out of contract that we may get a 3R/4R for if they have good years. Petch, Jones and Waterman out of contract 2025 but may attract interest if they have a strong 2024. Going to be hard to match a bid on Champion AND get a pick around 40.

Last edited:
100% we should look to trade to get picks. Rotham, Witho, LEdwards, HEdwards and Jamieson are the ones out of contract that we may get a 3R/4R for if they have good years. Petch, Jones and Waterman out of contract 2025 but may attract interest if the have a strong 2024.
Bottom side trading fringe players won't bet us anything.
Our players don't have any currency. Either too old or too shit. Unless we put our recent draftees on the trade table.

Bottom side trading fringe players won't bet us anything.
Our players don't have any currency. Either too old or too s**t. Unless we put our recent draftees on the trade table.
I know. One of the above would have to have a sparkling year and probably fill a list need for another team. If Petch could turn himself into an early 3rd I’d be happy with that. Don’t know what happened to HEdwards groin in Qatar but he could have a good year, problem is IF TB and Gov stay fit he won’t be able to show it. Would not want to trade anyone under 22 against their wishes, I’m very happy with the youth in our list and would rather keep these guys than turn them into kids 2/3 years younger than them give out list profile. These guys need to be ready to shoulder the load when the Kellys and Yeos aren’t around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back