Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

SELWOOD 135 games. Pick 22 in the 2007 national draft. VC club champion 25 years old. West coast get pick 37
REDDEN 129 games. Pick 25 in 2008 national draft. West Coast use pick 17.
Seems a little out of whack when doing a comparison.

It's not supposed to accurately reflect a player's trade value.
Plus we all know Redden is currently the better player.

Has Andersen actually nominated us as his club of choice? Or are we still just one of the clubs sniffing around.

Apparently us and North.

SELWOOD 135 games. Pick 22 in the 2007 national draft. VC club champion 25 years old. West coast get pick 37
Probably why Brisbane were happy to let him go now rather than wait til next year when he could leave as a restricted free agent like selwood has just done

A players contract status has a massive influence on trade value - refer Sinclair and jetta

Reckon we'll only get Anderson if we can nab him for one of our second rounders (which, coincidentally, I believe is a reasonable price considering his exposed form at AFL level and the amount of years he's had in the system). If the Hawks balk at that, we send both second rounders plus Sinclair to the Swans for Jetta and their first. Our second two rounders are only marginally worse than their first, points wise.

If I was Freo, I'd take Casboult before McCarthy.
I'm telling ya folks, in a good side with the right direction, he'll be a damn good player.

I want our guys to pursue him.

Casboult hasn't asked for a trade but is open for a trade if that makes sense ( insert Ross Lyon gif )
But doesn't want to move interstate from the word on trade radio

I can I have some sauce with that please?

Trade radio?

AFL site:

- on Geelong's Dawson Simpson: "We've got an interest in a number of ruckmen. Dawson's one of those." Says the Giants are interested in West Coast big man Callum Sinclair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masten will be best 22 next year..Simmo likes him he makes space averaged 25 disposals is tidy with the ball and his contested ball is on the rise

No it's not.

He is averaging the same 6-7 contested possessions he has over the last few years. His tackle count has actually fallen.

He still averages sub 3 inside 50s a game (Gaff, Shuey and Jetta all average over 4). He has gone from 20 goals to 9 to 5 to 2. Offensively he is no threat.

Like Selwood Mastens best year was 2012 and he has been worse ever since.

Masten has been best 22 the last few years (along with Rosa) because we simply have not had anything better.

This year we actually have some superior replacements.

Like I said before Masten and Rosa will become depth and we won't notice the absence.

Mcginnity and Selwood will just go period.
I think you're completely underestimating how highly Masten is rated internally.

Hutchings, Rosa, Hill and Ellis I can see being squeezed out of the 22 this season, but I would be very surprised to see Masten not in the 22 for extended periods.

Time will tell.

Jack Watts 115 games, pick 1 in the 2008 national draft. Wouldnt be worth a pick before 40

what has games played and their draft position from 7 years ago got to do with anything?

I think you're completely underestimating how highly Masten is rated internally.

Hutchings, Rosa, Hill and Ellis I can see being squeezed out of the 22 this season, but I would be very surprised to see Masten not in the 22 for extended periods.

Time will tell.

Is he that highly rated though? I mean which players has Masten had to compete with for his spot the last few years? Selwood? Mcginnity?

So many younger players have blazed right past him: Shuey, Gaff, Sheed, Duggan, Yeo.

So far weaker players then Masten have made way (as it should be). But with Duggan coming back plus Redden and Jetta I think his luck may have run out.

No it's not.

He is averaging the same 6-7 contested possessions he has over the last few years. His tackle count has actually fallen.

He still averages sub 3 inside 50s a game (Gaff, Shuey and Jetta all average over 4). He has gone from 20 goals to 9 to 5 to 2. Offensively he is no threat.

Like Selwood Mastens best year was 2012 and he has been worse ever since.
He's up from last year played more inside in 2013 for a outside mid his contested possession is ok..His best year was 2013 by the way !

Basing it on his 2014 form when he was fit. In that year he averaged virtually the same amount of possessions as Sinclair this year, kicked the same amount of goals from 12 games as Sinclair did from 20 this year and only averaged 5 or so less hit outs per game whilst playing as the third ruck for quite a few of his games. IMO when he's not suffering from osteitis pubis Lycett is a far superior player both in the ruck and as a forward. Not taking away from Sinclairs season, he played well, but we were visibly inferior when he was in the ruck, Lycett, whilst not as good as Nic Nat obviously, still closes that gap significantly when fit. Not to mention that he's younger and is contracted for longer, it's a no brainer to keep Lycett over Sinclair.

Don't agree with you Lycett is a better player but I asked for your opinion and you told me.
Not many clubs seem interested in Lycett either as only inquiries are for Sinclair.
Which ever one we have has to handle being a second string ruckman to NN, on the flipside they have to do the things that NN does not do like take marks, and compete around the ground. Sinclair did that very well this year.
Ruck taps can be overstated sometimes, we dominated in this area and for the most part got silver service from NN, but we also have quite a few days we got beaten in clearences. That is NN fault as much as Sinclairs not to mention the midfielders.
Anyway it looks as though Sinclair is the one as no clubs are interested in Lycett, be a shame to lose a guy who as improved so much this year and is just entering the peak of his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back