Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Eagles knew we'd get 37 when agreeing not to match.

The outrage is just for show.
Agreed. I think they were probably pissed off with the system once they knew Selwood was going, but had to wait for the result before they could make a fuss over it.

AFL website hasn't been updated so I thought I'd do it.

West Coast Picks: 36, 37, 55, 73, 91, 109 & 127 (Not all currently active due to list spots)
Time for Rohan O'Brien and the other recruiting staff to work their magic, we're really after a diamond in the rough with those picks in a weak draft!

Read today that Jetta knew mid season he was coming home , the Eagles committed midseason ....if we stuff it up , just means that Fremantle will be able to steal at the last hour ( on the cheap ) .

Jetta is coming home , we just need to seal the deal ...economically hopefully .

What's your opinion on Ah Chee? I thought he'd slide to our first and be more than happy to take him there.
He may do.

He is definitely a forward. Probably underperformed and struggles defensively and with consistent output, but he sure has a tonne of talent

I would rate my preffered Hibberd> Oliver> Ah Chee and even Gresham. Maybe I rate him to high, but he has something special and despite being just shorter than Masto, has Boomer style qualities

Last edited:
I would rate my preffered Hibberd> Oliver> Ah Chee and even Gresham. Maybe I rate him to high, but he has something special and despite being just shorter than Masto, has Bommer qualities

Hibberd is a Saints supporter and not a former poster on this board.

Masten may have been an inside mid in juniors but he is not strong enough to be one at AFL level. He does well enough as an outside mid. You wonder who is going to come out for these new recruits though if we get them plus Duggan. I feel they should only recruit only 2 of Redden, Jetta and Anderson.

Was thinking the same thing. Three mids come in aged 22, 24 and 26 ready to play who is gong to miss out in the side?

And we have Duggan.

Hutchins, Hill, Rosa???

With Selwood gone we've lost some depth, Redden the obvious replacement.

I don't think we're in the running for Anderson.

Pick 36 or 37 is about the right pick.

Others may just bid a bit more.

I know there has been posts similar to this but if the Swans need points to bid on academy kids and they really want Sinclair we should bundle together Sinclair + pick 37 + 58 + next years 3rd for Jetta and the Swans pick 14. Or whatever is needed to add up to what pick 14 is worth in points. End up with pick 14 + 36 + Redden + Jetta and lose pick 17 + 37 + 58 + 2016 3rd rounder for Sinclair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He may do.

He is definitely a forward. Probably underperformed and struggles defensively and with consistent output, but he sure has a tonne of talent

I would rate my preffered Hibberd> Oliver> Ah Chee and even Gresham. Maybe I rate him to high, but he has something special and despite being just shorter than Masto, has Bommer qualities
Down by the bow with midfielder's and defenders given our picks hopefully we go looking for a crumbing forward

Pick 36 or 37 is about the right pick.

Others may just bid a bit more.

I know there has been posts similar to this but if the Swans need points to bid on academy kids and they really want Sinclair we should bundle together Sinclair + pick 37 + 58 + next years 3rd for Jetta and the Swans pick 14. Or whatever is needed to add up to what pick 14 is worth in points. End up with pick 14 + 36 + Redden + Jetta and lose pick 17 + 37 + 58 + 2016 3rd rounder for Sinclair.

I still reckon Sinclair and 55 for Jetta and 33.

Send 36 and 37 to the Pies for pick 26.

26 to the Hawks for Anderson.

Colledge to Carlton for 56 or Essendon for 59?

IN: Redden, Anderson, Jetta, #33, #56, Newman (RU)

I still reckon Sinclair and 55 for Jetta and 33.

Send 36 and 37 to the Pies for pick 26.

26 to the Hawks for Anderson.

Colledge to Carlton for 56 or Essendon for 59?

IN: Redden, Anderson, Jetta, #33, #56, Newman (RU)

36 + 37 for Anderson? Seems too much.

Pies need 26 for their trades don't they? Then two for one could help.

If we can somehow force the Swans to cough up 14 with a swap of picks to land them the same points as 14 we'd be back in the 1st round and in the hunt for a decent youngster.

At this stage I would put that to Sydney as the only deal we will accept for Sinkers. If they don't accept it he is off the table and we bargain late seconds for Jetta..

If we can somehow force the Swans to cough up 14 with a swap of picks to land them the same points as 14 we'd be back in the 1st round and in the hunt for a decent youngster.

36, 37 + 54 is practically the same points as 14 (in fact I think its slightly more). Obviously those picks get bumped down a bit with the compo picks which drops the points a bit.

Trade Colledge for a 3rd, we effectively lose Sinclair, Selwood, Colledge and our 2nd for Redden, Jetta and a first round upgrade.

Pies was just an example - GWS, Adelaide, Port and the Dogs all have picks in that range.

Think you are underselling Anderson a little, 36 + 37 isn't overs IMO.

The club had to know that the Selwood compo wasn't going to be what we wanted. The recent article suggested as much.

Also from what I hear about Anderson he might actually have injury concerns and the Hawks aren't convinced he'll come good.

Redden for our first rounder is overs. Selwood for pick 37 is a joke. Got shafted on this so far. If Redden turns into Yeo mark 2 then we got away with it. Jetta becomes hard now. Getting rid of Sinclair is not that good a deal either. We did great last year looks like we are back to getting screwed as per usual.

Pick 17 for someone that walks into your 22 for 100+ games is not overs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back