Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I put these highlights together of Jack back in his 2012 season, which was one of, if not his best at the Lions. Shows what he can do.

Quite sad to see him go. Quality character to have at a football club, and has been one of few shining lights for us in a very dark period.

Thanks for posting that. Sorry to take another of your players - rather we steal players from Pricktorian clubs.

Seems like Redden is pretty durable, playing hundred consecutive games a few years ago. What is his endurance like?

From what I've heard he isn't highly rated, but I like the romance in finally getting Father/son picks and if he's got natural talent then hopefully a professional environment can improve him.

Got no issue with that, similar things were said of Gary Abblett Jr. from memory.

Redden for our first rounder is overs. Selwood for pick 37 is a joke. Got shafted on this so far. If Redden turns into Yeo mark 2 then we got away with it. Jetta becomes hard now. Getting rid of Sinclair is not that good a deal either. We did great last year looks like we are back to getting screwed as per usual.

If our third round pick falls at 52, and Sydney's falls at 50, those two picks plus Sydney's first round pick (14) would be enough (on my maths at least) to successfully bid for Callum Mills, assuming that Essendon bid for him with pick 4 (requiring 1675 points).

That would mean we could get Sydney's second round pick with Jetta for Sinclair and our third, and they would still have enough points to get Mills.

However, absent other bidding I think the compo picks for Suckling and Selwood push those picks out to 52 and 54, which wouldn't be enough for Sydney (1653 points).

Is there a limit to how many picks a team can use to accumulate points for bidding? Can Sydney add their fourth pick to the pot?

Redden for our first rounder is overs. Selwood for pick 37 is a joke. Got shafted on this so far. If Redden turns into Yeo mark 2 then we got away with it. Jetta becomes hard now. Getting rid of Sinclair is not that good a deal either. We did great last year looks like we are back to getting screwed as per usual.

Simply because you don't rate Redden.

Redden has basically been playing at the level for the last couple of years that Selwood was playing in 2012.

But apparently he would struggle to make our best 22. :rolleyes:

Of course he has! Almost best player in the comp right there! No wonder Leppitch loves him!! :rainbow::rainbow::rolleyes:

Redden for our first rounder is overs. Selwood for pick 37 is a joke. Got shafted on this so far. We did great last year looks like we are back to getting screwed as per usual.
We're the West Coast Easies, the West Coast Easies and we're here to let you screw us over !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Vozzo on trade radio he didn't actually sound all that keen on Anderson. Sounds like he is not a priority.

Listening to Vozzo on trade radio he didn't actually sound all that keen on Anderson. Sounds like he is not a priority.
Rather him then Jetta by a mile, especially do not want to lose Sinclair especially to the bloody swans.

It's weird. Everyone on this board was going nuts when we didn't draft Jetta and now no one wants him. This board sure is fickle LOL
I don't mind if we pick up Jetta on the cheap side. I do mind trading out Sinclair who is more important positionally so someone who wants to leave their club and has a decided ability to completely go missing in games that count.

So Nizzy has gone the table flip because all our moves depended on getting an end of 1st rd pick for Selwood. Now we have to rearrange all the dominoes to make further trades happen - starting with (reluctantly) trading Sinclair to get the Jetta deal over the line.

No idea how we thought we'd get a first. Poor form by the club if they honestly thought we'd get it for what Selwood has produced the last few years.

Hopefully we can make the deals we need to despite the clubs poor planning by the looks.

So Nizzy has gone the table flip because all our moves depended on getting an end of 1st rd pick for Selwood. Now we have to rearrange all the dominoes to make further trades happen - starting with (reluctantly) trading Sinclair to get the Jetta deal over the line.

Sinclair won't be traded against his will. It either means Sydney takes unders or the deal doesn't go through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back