Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't agree with you Lycett is a better player but I asked for your opinion and you told me.
Not many clubs seem interested in Lycett either as only inquiries are for Sinclair.
Which ever one we have has to handle being a second string ruckman to NN, on the flipside they have to do the things that NN does not do like take marks, and compete around the ground. Sinclair did that very well this year.
Ruck taps can be overstated sometimes, we dominated in this area and for the most part got silver service from NN, but we also have quite a few days we got beaten in clearences. That is NN fault as much as Sinclairs not to mention the midfielders.
Anyway it looks as though Sinclair is the one as no clubs are interested in Lycett, be a shame to lose a guy who as improved so much this year and is just entering the peak of his career.
Lycett will end up much more valuable to WC due to rotation cap and sub rule changes next season.

Lycett is already a superior ruckman and a smarter forward.

Sinclair has been great around the ground but expect Lycett to improve dramatically in this area come next season as injuries resolve.

He's up from last year played more inside in 2013 for a outside mid his contested possession is ok..His best year was 2013 by the way !

But an outside mid isn't rated on their ability to get contested ball. They are rated on their ability to use the ball well and create scoring oppurtunities. Masten has few goals, inside 50s and scoring assists. He gets 25 touches but what does he do with them? Nothing damaging that's for sure.

But an outside mid isn't rated on their ability to get contested ball. They are rated on their ability to use the ball well and create scoring oppurtunities. Masten has few goals, inside 50s and scoring assists. He gets 25 touches but what does he do with them? Nothing damaging that's for sure.
You're right he's terrible delist..Face palm !!

This has always been the issue with both Masten and Selwood, they lack the hurt factor.

That is why players who can impact a game with minimal touches thus reducing the possessions per goal ratio are incredibly important.

Elite kicking is the biggest contributor here followed closely by contested possession winning ability.

Total football requires efficiency otherwise you end up working twice as hard for the same result

The trade radio this morning seemed to be implying West Coast would be stealing Jetta for Sinclair. I think they even suggested we would need to throw in a pick to get it done. Not sure they understand we don't need Jetta and are more than happy to keep Sinclair if the price isn't right. Also seemed to think we paid overs for Redden but thats obvious, we wanted him and used what we had.

Go back and look at a pre game interview by both Kennedy and Darling we're asked who they would like delivering the ball lace out to them both said Shuey and Masten..That says it all really and that my friend is a strength of his and where he can hurt the opposition team

Go back and look at a pre game interview by both Kennedy and Darling we're asked who they would like delivering the ball lace out to them both said Shuey and Masten..That says it all really and that my friend is a strength of his and where he can hurt the opposition team

Yep, at worst Masten goes back to a HF flank. He was playing good football before his suspension and injury. People have short memories. He gets better every year and I think we back him in to improve again.

Im not sure what people see in Anderson? Sounds like a slightly less violent Newman.

He is more athletic than Newman and his form in the VFL was superior to Newmans in the WAFL. It will be interesting to see what the Eagles do with Newman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The trade radio this morning seemed to be implying West Coast would be stealing Jetta for Sinclair. I think they even suggested we would need to throw in a pick to get it done. Not sure they understand we don't need Jetta and are more than happy to keep Sinclair if the price isn't right. Also seemed to think we paid overs for Redden but thats obvious, we wanted him and used what we had.

Trade Radio seem unable to grasp the basic idea of 'trade value'. A 25yo ruckman entering his prime has more value than a 27yo outside wingman.

Keep Sinclair and forget about Jetta I think, looks like the Swans have realized by announcing Pykes retirement it has devalued their bargaining position so they have come out saying he hasn't retired.

Yes my apologies on Sinclair. Jetta is 4 months older and both will be 27 next year. My point still holds true though. Lets not forget Jetta was subbed out of games for poor performances late in the year.

Obviously needs has a part but also I think the biggest difference is that Jetta is uncontracted. If we were to offer sinclair I think Sydney would take it in a heartbeat. Everything so far seems to point to Sinclair not going though so will be interesting to see what it takes to get a deal done for Jetta.

SELWOOD 135 games. Pick 22 in the 2007 national draft. VC club champion 25 years old. West coast get pick 37
REDDEN 129 games. Pick 25 in 2008 national draft. West Coast use pick 17.
Seems a little out of whack when doing a comparison.
Redden set shot for goal any distance straight in front. Kicks 9 out of 10 of them. The one he missed was because he didn't want to make Scott feel bad.

Selwood same 10 set shots. Kicks 1 because he was a good boy last year and that's what he asked santa for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back