Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mean to cause trouble, but are you guys seriously upset over the Jetta trade? You turned a mature-age rookie into Lewis Jetta. I reckon you nailed this trade. If I were Sydney I was be at least asking for steak knives from WC.

People seem to get emotionally attached to players. If Jetta comes good they will forget soon enough.

While I always want more I am happy enough with the trade.

How did we manage to do that haha.

I reckon Sinclair will spud it up and Jetta will be serviceable and we'll look back on this trade as a win, but seriously with the bargaining power that we continually refuse to use...we could be in a much better position.

sending 54 to them and getting 33 back may have landed us Anderson.

I don't mean to cause trouble, but are you guys seriously upset over the Jetta trade? You turned a mature-age rookie into Lewis Jetta. I reckon you nailed this trade. If I were Sydney I was be at least asking for steak knives from WC.
I agree with this.

Said it earlier, 12 months ago we would have been laughed at for even thinking Sinclair could be a straight swap for jetta. They were poles apart as players.

Jetta could prove to be an outstanding asset for us
Classic by low sell high move. Now we just have to hope that was Jettas low and he'll rise again and Sinclair had hit his high and will fade

Still believe Lycett >>>> Sinclair so if he's healthy I'm ok

You're well and truly kidding yourself if you think Rosa would get a straight swap for Anderson done.

A finals proven performer who averages high possessions, plays half back, tagger and wing and is around 190cm?

Runs all day and with the rotation cap players like Rosa become even more valuable.

Essendon have been into Rosa for a few years so no with Woosh there it becomes the most likely destination.

I love me some Anderson but let's get real here, he was behind Hartung, Langford and another first or second year player at the pointy end of the season. Hawthorns ruckman and full back retired but their midfield collective are still there, I think the Hawks would entertain a straight swap especially with Daniel Rioli a possibility to be there at their first pick.

Havent rated Vosso and this just confirms it. While I'm happy to get Jetta and we haven't been screwed completely, its still not a great deal for us amd continues a trend of just ok trades .

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know about you guys but having Jetta and Gaff line up on opposing wings is kinda jizz worthy

Very Matera/Mainwearing esque

Yep. We had the cards. Contracted happy player vs uncontracted player that wanted out.
Contracted current best 22 player or great serviceable depth in an important position vs a lazy outside flanker who are a dime a dozen. FML
Ridiculous outcome, really weak effort by us. Sinkers worth much more to Sydney then Jetta is to us. Losing Jetta probably won't affect them too much, but if Lycett or NN goes down, we could be screwed. Should've at least swapped our 3rd rounder with their 2nd rounder, if we couldn't get pick 14. Absolute unnecessary to trade Sinkers, I wonder if we were afraid of Freo getting Jetta with pick 22.
Really annoyed by this! :mad::mad::mad:
Jetta better win us the flag next year. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Last edited:
Yaaaassssss

Love you Lewis.

We rookied a mature aged forward cum ruckman and traded him for someone worth an mid 20s draft pick that fills a huge gap for us.

Sinclair had a few good games for us but tapered off toward the end of the season and also played some of the worst footy an eagle has ever played at the beginning of the season (see Port game).

We will draft a ruckman who can try fill the gap if NN or Lycett get injured, plus McGovern and McInness can chop out.

Every time Sinclair went into the middle for us we gave up the momentum of the game - I can't see that changing much.

Hopefully something else happens that makes all this make sense.....

First pick for Redden OK, but surely we knew what compo we would get for Selwood and weren't relying on a higher compo pick?

If we were, Vozzo is a campaigner
Something in me thinks Vozzo is incompetent come trade time but excels around draft time ala 2014?

****sake Vozzo you four eyed sack of shit.

Who cares about what Sinclair WAS, off the rookie list, it's what he IS and his value NOW which is important. Trading out a ruckman in his prime coming off a career best season, for a downhill skiing pea heart who was uncontracted and walking out the door anyway.

Useless. Absolute trash. Charlotte Dawson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back