Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Jetta for Sinclair is a slight win for us IMHO. I also have trust in Simpson that he is aware of Lewis' deficiencies defensively and knows how he wants to play him. As Keyser Soze said - would of jumped at it 12 months ago. I believe you should discount Jetta's 2nd half of the year. Once he decided to go home, he was checked out emotionally.

In terms of ruck depth, we have NicNat and Lycett as pure ruckmen.
We have McInness as a back up (pretty decent when resting forward) and McGovern at a pinch.
Will be interesting to see how the sub abolition and reduced rotations impact the 2nd ruck role.
Would like to see us target Goddard in 2016 and expect he will not be close to a 1st round - may need to rookie another tall ruckman as depth in 2015. Hd previously thought Darcy Cameron but the guy is not even making Claremont senior side.

For Sinclair Something to keep in mind. According to Supercoach (I know, I know) his best games in order this year were against
Sydney - crocked pyke and nakervis
Geelong - and their 'rucks'
Essnedon - hahaha
Bulldogs - hahahahahahaha
St Kilda x2 - young guys on the ends of floggings
Gold Coast - meh rucks

So he's put in good performances against nobodies but has been a lot quieter against the good rucks

Ridiculous outcome, really weak by us. Sinkers worth much more to Sydney then Jetta is to us. Losing Jetta probably won't affect them too much, but if Lycett or NN goes down, we could be screwed. Should've at least swapped our 3rd rounder with their 2nd rounder, if we couldn't get pick 14.

Can't help but agree. Doesn't seem like a very good decision from us. But I guess time will tell...

Ridiculous outcome, really weak by us. Sinkers worth much more to Sydney then Jetta is to us. Losing Jetta probably won't affect them too much, but if Lycett or NN goes down, we could be screwed. Should've at least swapped our 3rd rounder with their 2nd rounder, if we couldn't get pick 14.
Yeah we get a soft player prone to completely fading out, sooking and running one way. ****ing joy.

I didn't really want to lose Sinclair either, but you could easily say the same about any position on the ground. WHat if JK & Darling go down, what if Shuey and Yeo go down, what if Emac & brown go down (hi 2015) it could happen anywhere. We've still got McInnes or Gov that could pinch hit in the ruck if they have to. Not ideal, but we'll survive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F*cking hell, why don't you let them pin our legs behind our ears and watch them f*ck us Vozzo.
We just got a premiership winning wingman with serious pace, good kicking skills and 100+ games experience for a second string (arguably 3rd string) ruck man in a straight swap and you think we got screwed

Some serious over rating of sinclairs ability in this thread. Maybe go back to the port game day thread and read peoples thoughts on Sinclair then

Expecting a really big year out of Lycett now. We've gone all in with him. Time to deliver, mate.
Only problem being is Lycett plays better as the lead ruck.

Sinclair plays better as the 2IC ruck.

Anyway what's done is done.

If Jetta gets back to his old form and stands up in finals, and Lycett overcomes OP issues and gets back to late 2014 form, and we have no ruck injuries.... we will call this a masterstroke deal.

Anything else and we will be baying for blood.

Feels like we dropped our pants, bent over the table and were happy to cop a rodgering.

Have we ever played hard ball in a trade ?
Seems we are the mr nice guys who everyone takes advantage of .
There's a reason we get quite a few trades done, and players wanting to get traded here though. Goodwill has a value in itself.

I think we usually push for less than what we could get, but we usually land the players we want.

I have an open mind towards Jetta and think he could be huge for us, HOWEVER, we held all the cards and still got bent over, that's the main issue here I think

On a side note, remember before the 2009 draft when we were debating who to draft out of Sheppard, Jetta and Lucas? A few years down the track and we now have all 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back