List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're happy for a club which looks like we will be competing with for a few years who I believe already has a little bit more talent than us to get stronger in a key posts and we take the guy they replace?

FWIW I don't think it would be anything of note, doesn't surprise me that they would meet with May, what club wouldn't? Would seem a strange move for Melbourne to go after him given their list though, key posts aren't exactly something they desperately need. If they have a million to go after someone like May, they should be investing that into Gaff and it would almost make them favorites for the flag next year if you asked me. Which you shouldn't because I really have no idea.

Yes, I’m happy because it means they’re going to lose other talent soon.

Oliver, Petrecca, Brayshaw, Harmes, Lever, Gawn, Hogan, Weideman and more will more than likely look to take their talents elsewhere. May and Lever combined would be on close to $1.8mil.
May would cost 2 first round picks.
Sam Frost would cost a second round pick and maybe $450k.

Last edited:
Yes, I’m happy because it means they’re going to lose other talent soon.

Oliver, Petrecca, Brayshaw, Harmes, Lever, Gawn, Hogan, Weideman and more will more than likely look to take their talents elsewhere. May and Level combined would be on close to $1.8mil.
May would cost 2 first round picks.
Sam Frost would cost a second round pick and maybe $450k.
Hasn't Petracca, Brayshaw, Harmes, and Oliver all signed extensions this year? And Gawn late last year? Would suggest to me they aren't going anywhere fast. We will be competing with Melbourne over the next few years as these guys enter their prime them obtaining a player the quality of May while we take Frost would be a huge blow.

I'm not of the thinking we desperately need May, but Melbourne is one team we don't want getting anymore high level talent, especially IF Moore leaves! I have a feeling they'll let Hogan leave, he has a lot more hype than his performance suggest and Fremantle will be a club likely to give them two first rounders, which are going to be low picks.

He's good on the lead and good at ground level, but averages less than one contested mark per game. He's a good player, but I reckon we've got Stephenson and Degoey who will be able to do what Cameron does. He's not the big aerial target that many want us to chase.
Can you show me where a contested mark correlates to a goal?
Cameron averages .98 contested marks per game and averages 2.5 goals per game. This has more to do with their game plan rather than his low contested mark average
Ben Brown averages 1.69 contested marks per game and averages 2.17 goals a game. 20% of his goals over the past 18 months has come from free kicks I50.
Hawkins averages 1.95 contested marks per game and averages 2.1 goals per game.
Riewoldt averages 1.65 contested marks per game and averages 2.4 goals per game.
Kennedy averages 1.46 contested marks per game and averages 2.5 goals per game (equal with Cameron on goal average)
The only current player better than all the above is Buddy for goals per game and he can't mark over his head.

Can you show me where a contested mark correlates to a goal?
Cameron averages .98 contested marks per game and averages 2.5 goals per game. This has more to do with their game plan rather than his low contested mark average
Ben Brown averages 1.69 contested marks per game and averages 2.17 goals a game. 20% of his goals over the past 18 months has come from free kicks I50.
Hawkins averages 1.95 contested marks per game and averages 2.1 goals per game.
Riewoldt averages 1.65 contested marks per game and averages 2.4 goals per game.
Kennedy averages 1.46 contested marks per game and averages 2.5 goals per game (equal with Cameron on goal average)
The only current player better than all the above is Buddy for goals per game and he can't mark over his head.

Cameron is a very dangerous goal kicking forward. I'm certainly not disputing that. I'm just suggesting that if you want us to pursue a tall forward because you are concerned about our ability to clunk big marks up forward, then Cameron isn't your man. He'd be very nice to have, but I don't see him as a particular need, as I feel that Degoey, WHE, and Stephenson can or will be able to give us something pretty similar in terms of being dangerous on the lead and at ground level.

Cameron is a very dangerous goal kicking forward. I'm certainly not disputing that. I'm just suggesting that if you want us to pursue a tall forward because you are concerned about our ability to clunk big marks up forward, then Cameron isn't your man. He'd be very nice to have, but I don't see him as a particular need, as I feel that Degoey, WHE, and Stephenson can or will be able to give us something pretty similar in terms of being dangerous on the lead and at ground level.

I think you might need to restate that part, people seem to be missing it.

Nah... Goldsack mauled him. Shit bloke too.
Did he? Last time I checked he had 9 marks and (uncharacteristically) kicked 1.3. If he’d kicked a little straighter we’d all be saying Goldy was slayed, and we wouldn’t be playing this week.

Saying Goldy mauled him is the equivalent of those who were lauding Schade last year for keeping Franklin goalless and ignoring the 5 or so behinds he kicked. It was flat out lucky that Franklin didn’t have his kicking boots on that day, and the same goes for Cameron last week.

Personally l think Cameron is a better fit for our team, the way the game plan is.
In a good leadership team that holds players to a high standard he would go to the next level

Could we get Wingard?

Imagine our side fully fit with him and May

Would be great if affordable and to be played just as a small forward or HFF. I personally dont rate him as a midfielder.

But not worth a look at the price he is asking.

I'm only on mobile, so probably not following the whole conversation chain but you seem to be the main one caught up on this. Everyone else just seems to want a key forward that will kick goals...?

I'm only on mobile, so probably not following the whole conversation chain but you seem to be the main one caught up on this. Everyone else just seems to want a key forward that will kick goals...?

Fair call.

My theory though is that if you're not worried about contested marking, why specify KPF - not this Cameron conversation, but half this thread is devoted to our need for a KPF. If we just want a goal kicker and aren't interested in him being a big aerial threat - just back in JDG and Stephenson. They don't have the same runs on the board as Cameron does, but if you play either of them out of the goal square for the next 10 years - they're going to kick a bloody lot of goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he? Last time I checked he had 9 marks and (uncharacteristically) kicked 1.3. If he’d kicked a little straighter we’d all be saying Goldy was slayed, and we wouldn’t be playing this week.

Saying Goldy mauled him is the equivalent of those who were lauding Schade last year for keeping Franklin goalless and ignoring the 5 or so behinds he kicked. It was flat out lucky that Franklin didn’t have his kicking boots on that day, and the same goes for Cameron last week.
Yet Mihocek kicked 2 goals three (all very gettable) against McGovern when we played them at the G and everyone said McGovern flogged him, including many of our own. :huh:

The media is not one person. Sam Edmund says the players were told May is coming, while the Age is reporting that May has met with two other clubs. They don't even contradict each other to both be true.

So in other Words they don't have much Clue then

Yet Mihocek kicked 2 goals three (all very gettable) against McGovern when we played them at the G and everyone said McGovern flogged him, including many of our own. :huh:
I guess every shot is technically gettable but most of Mihocek’s shots were on tight angles.

Agreed. I don’t think McGovern destroyed Mihocek at all fwiw, but he killed us that day running loose intercepting.

Player Agent Tom Petroro was on the radio last week and mentioned that he believed that 40 players will move this trade/ FA period, and that there is a Big Name on the move that hasn't even been talked about.
Any idea? and are we involved?

McGovern flogged our midfield more than his opponent - the number of times we kicked straight to him with no forward within 10-15 metres was astounding.

Player Agent Tom Petroro was on the radio last week and mentioned that he believed that 40 players will move this trade/ FA period, and that there is a Big Name on the move that hasn't even been talked about.

Curioser and curioser! No idea who the big name is but the little names can be just as rewarding. I'd love to unearth another undervalued gem like Crisp from nowhere.

No Idea and Maybe

A while back during the Jock and Journo podcast, when they were talking about Bucks meeting with Lynch, Jay said it would be hypocritical of GC to complain when they were actively chasing an unnamed big fish themselves. It hasn't been raised since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back