List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Mihocek goes down who plays forward? Roughie also coverage if Cox goes down, or Grundy and Cox then shifted into the ruck.

If the price is right I'd offer him a 2 year deal.

I've actually been very impressed with Max Lynch's progress this year. I reckon another preseason and he'd be adequate ruck - ruck/KPF depth with Moore and McLarty both able to fill that ruck/KPF role as well.

Any thoughts to rookie listing Andrew Galluci? In 13 games for Collingwood in the VFL this year, he has averaged 14.00 disposals, 1.77 goals (goalless just twice), 0.54 behinds (very accurate), 2.54 marks and 3.46 tackles per game. Could be handy depth up forward.

I agree he has been very good, and one of my favourites in our VFL team, but if l was to rookie any player or players, l would look at Hore ( if Melbourne dont draft him), Jok, Tardrew or Wellings...

The Hun's Trade TV reckon we've enquired about Lukosius, which is absolutely jaw-dropping if we have considering our first pick will be late in the first round.

They also think Beams is not going to Collingwood, we should be exploring McGovern and Brendan Goddard, and apparently all of Lynch's management saying how interested we are was a smokescreen... Somehow...

TOM LYNCH
Ralph: “I think his management threw a bit of burley in the water, talking about how interested Collingwood was … now we probably believe that was a smokescreen to distract us a little bit. Richmond has probably been into him and has probably had him since the start of the year.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...l/news-story/62aeeb12640141a7f66f8b6dcff2c828

I've actually been very impressed with Max Lynch's progress this year. I reckon another preseason and he'd be adequate ruck - ruck/KPF depth with Moore and McLarty both able to fill that ruck/KPF role as well.
He played a ripper of a game the other day.

Any thoughts to rookie listing Andrew Galluci? In 13 games for Collingwood in the VFL this year, he has averaged 14.00 disposals, 1.77 goals (goalless just twice), 0.54 behinds (very accurate), 2.54 marks and 3.46 tackles per game. Could be handy depth up forward.

Be a fair way down the list in terms of our VFL listed players I'd like to see us draft. At least Wellings, Tardrew, Jok, Hore, and Woodward before you'd even start to think the Gooch was in contention. In fact, I thought Ralph was someone of interest when he got a few games as our 23rd and he's probably a better match to our current needs so he'd squeeze the Gooch as well.

They can co-exist. One can rotate deeper. Howe often dose, Crisp can and Goddard also could.

And Maynard? and Murphy and Langdon and Scharenburg and Apples and Quaynor ???

Do you really want Goddard pointing at our youngsters and accusing them of not doing the right things when it's clearly HIM that's zoning off his man because he can't keep up anymore? More trouble than he's worth in my book. Yeah he reads play well and he can kick...me I'd take Howe over Goddard everyday of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Maynard? and Murphy and Langdon and Scharenburg and Apples and Quaynor ???

Do you really want Goddard pointing at our youngsters and accusing them of not doing the right things when it's clearly HIM that's zoning off his man because he can't keep up anymore? More trouble than he's worth in my book. Yeah he reads play well and he can kick...me I'd take Howe over Goddard everyday of the week.

I don't look at the game as simplistically.

Defenders need to be flexible and Collingwood fortunately have defenders who can play other positions. Crisp can push through the mids and forward, Goddard can play wing/forward and Maynard can play through the midfield. Howe forward.

Ideally I'd be using Howe/Crisp/Maynard/Goddard/Langdon with two key defenders. Scharenberg if healthy would then compete with Langdon for a spot. And with injuries happening, others would still get chances anyway.

Quaynor isn't at the club yet and a bid will be matched, you'd hope there isn't a bid before Collingwood's first pick, or he would be better off elsewhere. He has a ready to go game, but isn't someone I'd consider best 22 in season one, with all those guys better. And there is nothing wrong with making an 18 year old earn senior games in their first season.

On a cheap deal, as a delisted free agent. Goddard adds something missing from the best 22 (elite kicking), is best 22 quality, adds leadership (helping cover for the absence of Dunn who was that leader of the back half) and costs nothing to add. That's my kind of list addition.

I have no issues with Goddard instructing and educating his teammates on where they should be and what they should be doing for a year or two.

Don't think Collingwood needs to go too silly this trade period. The list obviously isn't that dire considering the club finished top 4 with huge injury concerns throughout the year so I'd expect names like Hugh Goddard, Hartung and others would barely raise an eyebrow.

I'm sure they'll stick to the plan and look at any A-grade KPP that may be available and willing to join and still identify talent from the draft to build up the list and keep it on track for the next 5 year outlook. Some of these guys like Mihocek are well advanced on where anyone would've predicted before the season started due to the number of games experienced through injury. Keep building with youth and quality, fill the needs.

Fellow Pies fans, listen to this person.. they speak much sense....

This is not a trash and treasure sale.... we don't want discards and offcuts. brings in quality kids from the draft with the bonus that they don't demand big salaries in the next few years.. or quality trades.. not your Goddards and Hartungs et al

They are Different People. Have you seen Hugh do that?

Yeah I know Dave I am just mucking around.

Hugh was pretty average in the VFL game last week.

I would prefer to find another Mihocek or even revert back to McClarty playing in defense next year.
As a matter of fact I would rather Marty Hore over Goddard H or Goddard B.

Yeah, nah. Don't think we'd be having scheduled visits to his house if we're not actually committed to presenting a deal worthy of Tom's acceptance. We're in it up to our necks.

We wouldn't be doing Richmond or Tom any favours that don't actually help us directly.

The Collingwood gossip comes into things at the 13:31 minute mark...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back