List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hun's Trade TV reckon we've enquired about Lukosius, which is absolutely jaw-dropping if we have considering our first pick will be late in the first round.

They also think Beams is not going to Collingwood, we should be exploring McGovern and Brendan Goddard, and apparently all of Lynch's management saying how interested we are was a smokescreen... Somehow...

Ralph and HUN talks alot of the old SH1T...Why would we want Goddard? To then suggest our interest in Lynch is a beat up from his management, is the stupidest thing l have heard....Ralph, as a Richmond supporter, has everything crossed so that Lynch dosen't land at Collingwood....

Don't know why it needs to be one or the other...

When you're spending a 1st round pick you'd want to be pretty confident you're improving the 22. Mihocek is currently playing more as a 2nd KPF through necessity at the moment but you'd imagine in 2019 he'd move to the 3rd tall spot you'd be recruiting McGovern to play so unless you are planning to omit a Thomas, WHE, Stephenson or even not select a fit Elliott, then 1 of them is playing VFL.

I don't look at the game as simplistically.

Defenders need to be flexible and Collingwood fortunately have defenders who can play other positions. Crisp can push through the mids and forward, Goddard can play wing/forward and Maynard can play through the midfield. Howe forward.

Ideally I'd be using Howe/Crisp/Maynard/Goddard/Langdon with two key defenders. Scharenberg if healthy would then compete with Langdon for a spot. And with injuries happening, others would still get chances anyway.

Quaynor isn't at the club yet and a bid will be matched, you'd hope there isn't a bid before Collingwood's first pick, or he would be better off elsewhere. He has a ready to go game, but isn't someone I'd consider best 22 in season one, with all those guys better. And there is nothing wrong with making an 18 year old earn senior games in their first season.

On a cheap deal, as a delisted free agent. Goddard adds something missing from the best 22 (elite kicking), is best 22 quality, adds leadership (helping cover for the absence of Dunn who was that leader of the back half) and costs nothing to add. That's my kind of list addition.

I have no issues with Goddard instructing and educating his teammates on where they should be and what they should be doing for a year or two.

There is nothing wrong with having a leader and teacher on the field. But a leader knows instinctively how to communicate in a manner that will be pursuasive and well received. Being demonstrative and berating team mates will never be received well and is terrible communication. That isn't leadership or good teaching it's childish and self serving. That's how Goddard communicates and we don't need it at our club.

Yep we sent our list manager to his house to nearly tear his hammy from the bone jumping a fence, just so his Manager can keep a ruse going. Of course it makes sense that this ruse requires our list manager to be seen but instead he tries to hide. Journos...seriously inept

Ralph is spewing he has so far said Tigers, Pies and now Tigers again. Needs an excuse for his stupidity and has settled on we were lead astray by Lynch's Manager

I've actually been very impressed with Max Lynch's progress this year. I reckon another preseason and he'd be adequate ruck - ruck/KPF depth with Moore and McLarty both able to fill that ruck/KPF role as well.

Hopefully Moore stays and Max Lynch and McLarty ready as soon as rd 1 next year. Because we are now in our window and can't pussy foot around by not addressing our KPP shortage.

Can see Lynch playing ruck competently and McLarty ruck forward if Cox goes down.... can't see neither of them playing full forward though if Mihocek goes down. And get a feeling the club don't want Moore back at full forward for any lengthy period.

I don't see the need for either Hugh Goddard or Keiran Collins if we utilise McLarty back and bring in Kelly. That is plenty developing at key back for that age profile.

I can see the need for a ready made key defender given Dunns injury and Goldsacks age. I see Reid as forward depth now. May is the guy I reckon we're into. There are the rumours but he also represents the best medium to long term solution. He's top 15% in contested situations, has experience and depth in his kicking. My only concern is his injury history. That said as bad as we are with injury management, Gold Coast and GWS are next level bad, so I tend to factor that in with players from those clubs.

I don't see the need for either Hugh Goddard or Keiran Collins if we utilise McLarty back and bring in Kelly. That is plenty developing at key back for that age profile.

I can see the need for a ready made key defender given Dunns injury and Goldsacks age. I see Reid as forward depth now. May is the guy I reckon we're into. There are the rumours but he also represents the best medium to long term solution. He's top 15% in contested situations, has experience and depth in his kicking. My only concern is his injury history. That said as bad as we are with injury management, Gold Coast and GWS are next level bad, so I tend to factor that in with players from those clubs.

I agree Quicky.

Starting to think now if we bring in a key defender it’s probably because Moore is leaving and we need to use that trade or our 1st round pick to get someone good out of a club rather than hope a delisted free agent will come good.

May is the obvious one here but someone like him or Robbie Tarrant along those lines is who we should target if Moore is out the door.

Probably the next rung down but Hombsch or Clurey at Port are other examples that would be an upgrade on delisted free agents and at 23-24 could be targeted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is nothing wrong with having a leader and teacher on the field. But a leader knows instinctively how to communicate in a manner that will be pursuasive and well received. Being demonstrative and berating team mates will never be received well and is terrible communication. That isn't leadership or good teaching it's childish and self serving. That's how Goddard communicates and we don't need it at our club.

Goddard is prone to getting frustrated, but it's not every week. On a winning team alongside experienced teammates I don't see this as much of an issue.

Hes worth a rookie spot at least. Silly stuff by Saints.

Based on the limited amount I've seen of both, I think I'd prefer us look at Sam Collins if he lasts till the rookie draft or perhaps as a late ND pick.

I agree Quicky.

Starting to think now if we bring in a key defender it’s probably because Moore is leaving and we need to use that trade or our 1st round pick to get someone good out of a club rather than hope a delisted free agent will come good.

May is the obvious one here but someone like him or Robbie Tarrant along those lines is who we should target if Moore is out the door.

Probably the next rung down but Hombsch or Clurey at Port are other examples that would be an upgrade on delisted free agents and at 23-24 could be targeted.

I don't think pursuing a key defender means Moore is out the door. Rather it might be an indication on whether we offer Goldsack another year and our confidence in Dunns ability to return to his pre injury form. May and Moore would be an excellent key defensive combo.

Tarrant would be awesome if he is gettable!

Based on the limited amount I've seen of both, I think I'd prefer us look at Sam Collins if he lasts till the rookie draft or perhaps as a late ND pick.

Are there any recent highlights of Collins floating around?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think pursuing a key defender means Moore is out the door. Rather it might be an indication on whether we offer Goldsack another year and our confidence in Dunns ability to return to his pre injury form. May and Moore would be an excellent key defensive combo.

Tarrant would be awesome if he is gettable!

True. Probably should have phrased it more along the lines of if Moore goes it’s more important we target a definite best 22 defender.

Yep Moore and May would make a very good combo.

The more I read about the draft and the later our pick seems to be looking the more I’m inclined to trade it for something that helps us right now, especially if Quaynor does seem to be around that pick. I’m not sure he is or what our situation is with first round picks needing to be taken but I’m more inclined to trade now then I thought I’d be.

Here here. Even if he costs nothing.

I agree Quicky.

Robbie Tarrant would be great but pretty sure he's only just signed a new deal with NM this season. They would be crazy to let him go.

Interest that l read that Brisbane new that Beams would only sat for one contract then head back to Melbourne, looks like he does want to head back earlier than when the contract expires

I have a feeling that we are gonna lose one of Langdon or Moore. Just thinking since Lynch isn’t coming, we will pay up for one, and the other one will leave.

I wouldn’t be against trading in McGovern, if it meant Mihocek replaced Langdon/Moore in the backline even though he’s a fantastic forward.

Collingwood out : 1st pick this year (12-20)
Collingwoood in : McGovern .

We have to use a first round pick in 2018 so this falls over at the first hurdle.

Personally I also think Mihocek will be much more valuable as a forward than he would be down back, especially with another AFL-level pre-season under his belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back