• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We gave up too much
should only have been 42,43,45,51
but why??? surely Brisbane would not get better than what you suggest and if they do not like it, number one Ashcroft.

It is like Blair is working against the club, in what universe does that help us??

To me Blair gets value wrong more often than not

There must have been a reason why we gave 32 in this pick swap as well. Surely we aren’t that stupid.

Maybe lions needed more points for something. Still good to recycle the garbage picks anyway.
Then we should have just taken #42 out and included #51
Makes no sense to throw an extra 2nd rounder into a deal where the lions could not have gotten better specially with Richmond not bidding on Ashcroft.

Not to mention the offers #39 , #42 , #42 would have received on draft night
very strange why Richmond would just hand over 300-400 points extra

Makes no sense to throw an extra 2nd rounder into a deal where the lions could not have gotten better specially with Richmond not bidding on Ashcroft.

You know what I just realised. Other clubs would’ve been bidding on it. That’s the surplus points it took to get a first round pick in this draft.

You know what I just realised. Other clubs would’ve been bidding on it. That’s the surplus points it took to get a first round pick in this draft.
if others get it we select AShcroft number one for another 500 point whammy. remember Fagan said younger Ashcroft is coming to Brisbane so they have already locked it in

There's no real difference between 42 43 and 45. The first 2 will disappear after the Lions bid on Ashcroft anyway. I'm annoyed we didn't keep 45 and trade 51 instead.

if others get it we select AShcroft number one for another 500 point whammy. remember Fagan said younger Ashcroft is coming to Brisbane so they have already locked it in

Maybe that’s not trade ethics. Whatever the reason RFC aren’t dumb. This is the best we could’ve gotten and I’d rather it over what we had despite the points value.

Maybe we are already in discussion with GC about trading that F1 along with Rioli for #6 + #13
They're going to lose 13 & 23 with the bid on Lombard so will trade them out for some more points this year but also have to trade in F1's for bids on their academy players next year.

If the Rioli trade is all about 6 & 23 then we'd probably be throwing 51 & 61 back, if it's about 6 & 13 then that F1 has to be included as well as 51 & 61.

The Noble trade then becomes a simple matter of 23 this year as the F1 that the Pies were offering for 13 gets cancelled out by us giving Hawks/Carlton's F1

Sydney have offered 19 & 22 for 13 but that doesn't help the GCS's out this year or next.

FWIW, the Barrass deal gets done, just not the way it 1st looked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

trade ethics, yeah right, tell me when you visit the real world

North could’ve gotten Coleman-Jones for free in the rookie draft by not making a deal with us. But they didn’t and gave us a pick.

Trade ethics is a thing like in the real world. You don’t want to piss off your trade partners in the future because you might need them.

6&10 or 6&11 might do it

And I’d definitely consider it

I don’t think there’s a chance we give 6 in any deal for 2 or 3 (unless it’s paired with 20+, which wouldn’t get done).

10 & 11 I’d do for 2 or 3. But 6 is a big chance to get a better player than 2 or 3, so can’t see us using that and 10 or 11 …. No chance in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FMD … we gave 32 and some junk picks for pick-20 in a draft people are giving their first borns to be involved in and we are melting …

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Exactly, and who knows, maybe there was an offer that we had to trump, so many things going on in the background that we're unaware of.

North could’ve gotten Coleman-Jones for free in the rookie draft by not making a deal with us. But they didn’t and gave us a pick.

Trade ethics is a thing like in the real world. You don’t want to piss off your trade partners in the future because you might need them.
your trade partners get sacked and replaced.

Blair is carrying on like a career politician but no business wants to poach him

your trade partners get sacked and replaced.

Blair is carrying on like a career politician but no business wants to poach him

So why didn’t North let CCJ go the rookie draft?

In this Lions trade do you think RFC are stupid and don’t know how to use addition and a draft point calc?

These people do it for a living, there is a reason why it turned out like it did.

If it was as that bad we wouldn’t have done the trade.

Points don’t mean shit. This years pick one is worth the same as last years which nabbed WCE Harley Reid. Points mean shit. It’s the player that is available at the points that count
thats right we should have got pick nine instead of pick 20 which means access to better players and trades and it was posted on BF to and Hawthorn and CFC have since traded between themselves

I’m not disappointed with the trade we made but the timing is interesting. You would’ve thought we leave it to later because (a) we might need one of those picks to throw in as a sweetener and (b) it kind of signals to WC, Freo and GC that we won’t be taking later picks, which means we now need plenty of earlier picks to make that happen (ie less likely to just stand our ground), which I think affects our leverage a little.

Maybe we have plans for 20?

We are in a way lucky that Freo also have interest in Baker. The PSD option or a lesser trade would become a lot more real without the competition for his services
The PSD isn't a threat. Even if they go through with it we just pick up Baker again with our first pick.

The worst that would happen is he walks out on the club and leave a footy for a year.(I doubt he'll walk out on a lucrative contract). No skin off our nose.

So why didn’t North let CCJ go the rookie draft?

In this Lions trade do you think RFC are stupid and don’t know how to use addition and a draft point calc?

These people do it for a living, there is a reason why it turned out like it did.

If it was as that bad we wouldn’t have done the trade.
So why did CFC not chase Blair Hartley when Wright known for his trading efforts???

This may sound like the Blair witch hunt but he’s taken a week and been bent over. I have hammered Magics responses in the past but that deal was absolute shite and I think like Magic the club should be looking for another negotiator. Unless he has determined with Toce that we intend to bid on Ashcroft (saves lions 600 points), then we’ve basically given 2300 points for 900. Disgraceful. I know many in here say points don’t matter but this is paramount to total incompetence. No trade has ever had that much differential. I also am aware when trading points for a pick you need to give more than the pick value but holy crap. This was ridiculous! All I can think of was, we refused to give the Lions any assurances we’d over look their FS & NGA kids. If we don’t call Ashcroft at #1 then this trade becomes even more horrific.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back