• 6, 10, 11, 14

• 6, 10, 14, 18

• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf happenned today can someone fill me in? Do West Coast no longer want Baker?
Pretty much this happened

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Then we should have just taken #42 out and included #51
Makes no sense to throw an extra 2nd rounder into a deal where the lions could not have gotten better specially with Richmond not bidding on Ashcroft.

Not to mention the offers #39 , #42 , #42 would have received on draft night
very strange why Richmond would just hand over 300-400 points extra
What if with pick 20 we call Brisbane Academy player - kid who was best on ground in the finals

This may sound like the Blair witch hunt but he’s taken a week and been bent over. I have hammered Magics responses in the past but that deal was absolute shite and I think like Magic the club should be looking for another negotiator. Unless he has determined with Toce that we intend to bid on Ashcroft (saves lions 600 points), then we’ve basically given 2300 points for 900. Disgraceful. I know many in here say points don’t matter but this is paramount to total incompetence. No trade has ever had that much differential. I also am aware when trading points for a pick you need to give more than the pick value but holy crap. This was ridiculous! All I can think of was, we refused to give the Lions any assurances we’d over look their FS & NGA kids. If we don’t call Ashcroft at #1 then this trade becomes even more horrific.
Problem is we will never ever have a draft hand like we had going into this trade period. i have no faith that we will do what's required for the remainder of the trade period. This was our worst year in the history of the club and its not even over yet.

They're going to lose 13 & 23 with the bid on Lombard so will trade them out for some more points this year but also have to trade in F1's for bids on their academy players next year.

If the Rioli trade is all about 6 & 23 then we'd probably be throwing 51 & 61 back, if it's about 6 & 13 then that F1 has to be included as well as 51 & 61.

The Noble trade then becomes a simple matter of 23 this year as the F1 that the Pies were offering for 13 gets cancelled out by us giving Hawks/Carlton's F1

Sydney have offered 19 & 22 for 13 but that doesn't help the GCS's out this year or next.

FWIW, the Barrass deal gets done, just not the way it 1st looked
There are other teams that want #19 + #22 that will offer F1 to get them by the time a lombard bid come imo at around 10-13

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There must have been a reason why we gave 32 in this pick swap as well. Surely we aren’t that stupid.

Maybe lions needed more points for something. Still good to recycle the garbage picks anyway.
For Carlton to trade their F1 & F2 to hawks they needed to bring a F2 in

This was the timeline of the trade:

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Hawks no longer wanted Barass cause they took to long to make a deal.

Idk if this is good or bad for us with Baker. WC don’t have that pick to give anymore.
Hawks didn't want to pay 14 and an F2, what they've essentially done is split 14 into an F1 & F2, they can now offer that F1 & F2 for Barrass (which will more than likely be accepted by the WCE) and come out with an extra F2.

Doesn't really matter to the WCE as they would've used 14 in the Baker trade, I would've expected a pick back to them so that's what they miss. What will happen is that the F1 will probably be used to satisfy the Baker trade.

stop fixating on draft point value, it is utterly meaningless to us. we got a first rounder for junk picks we weren't gonna use. We still have a few junk picks to trade up with on the night. The combination of later picks we use to trade up means nothing. We'll have 6/7 picks before pick 32, we're not gonna take 10 kids this draft.

She comin to Tassie with Dan. The Burnie Yacht club will be rocking with her DJing hey Hoos
Sadly Yachties is not what it was. Some f**kwit has bought the place, got rid of the stage and the pool tables and turned it into the kind of sh!try looking Cafe that you'd see in an episode of The Sweeney or Minder. When we walked in there after it reopened my mate Ray said under his breath, "oh f**k."

Why the fk did we do the brisbane pick deal so early? They are so desperate for points and we bent over. Whos in charge?

Think the timing of Sharp requesting a move has something to do with it.

Wait till after a Sharp trade and Robertson is moved and Brisbane’s desperation for points isn’t as great and more teams can satisfy them.

If it comes down to it, I'd be wanting Richmond to sign Baker to a 1 year deal, that gets him to free agency and then allows him to move to WCE for 'free' in 2025.

Then watch the AFL lose their minds about free agency compo and make the changes that should already be implemented.

So now do we want Carlton or Hawthorns future 1st round pick for Baker.
Surely Westcoast will now trade Barras for one of those and pick 33.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back