• 6, 10, 11, 14

• 6, 10, 14, 18

• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If GC are offering 6 and a pick in the 20's, I'd take it Monday morning. Pick 6 could help us possibly get to 2 or 3.
We won’t be doing that, the issue for Richmond is that if you accept 6 for Rioli right at the deadline on Wednesday, there won’t be time for you to deal it for 2 or 3 really.

I guess you could wait till Wednesday morning but I feel like it’d be easier for you to do it Monday and get it out of the way considering how many other trades Richmond has to do?

Would do Rioli & F2 for 6 & 23
What's the Pies offer for Noble? F1 for 13 & 23?

Our F2 wouldn't be far off the Pies F1 (maybe) so I think that 13 comes into the mix, particularly if 23 was looking at being part of the current deal.

Hartley originally hit then up with 6 & 13, maybe that addition of our F2 gets that over the line. GCS need points for next year and it's a big possibility that we'll be trading out a couple of early 2nds for F1's anyway

We won’t be doing that, the issue for Richmond is that if you accept 6 for Rioli right at the deadline on Wednesday, there won’t be time for you to deal it for 2 or 3 really.
I agree, we won't be waiting until right near the end if we want to use it for 2 or 3.

I can see it dragging out until Tuesday at least though.

I guess you could wait till Wednesday morning but I feel like it’d be easier for you to do it Monday and get it out of the way considering how many other trades Richmond has to do?
You can trade picks on Draft nights

Welcome to Richmond gold coasts pick 6 and 23
23 would be great to have, last pick in the first round. Take who we really want and then have the first pick of night 2. If we are all done then trade to highest bidder for Future Pick or just take a slider who we rate win win

Like Drew Carey says on Whose Line Is It Anyway, the points don’t matter
Know where you are coming from, but that trade did seem a bit negotiated, unless there are 'other components' yet to play out!

Sorry for the intrusion. As long as Cameron holds it together which I now think he will, the offer for Rioli 10 minutes before the deadline will still be just 6. And I think everyone knows with the choice of either keeping Rioli or having 6, you’re gonna be taking 6.

My question is would you rather actually just do 6 for Rioli on Monday morning so you could potentially use 6 in swaps, or would you want to wait until the deadline?
You know what, I don't think so. I reckon the fact GC were in his ear halfway through the year but then didn't trade won't sit well. One pick can be a bust, and he is our b&f with many years left. He will still have the same trade value next year and is a reason for young fans to come to games. Given what he can teach the draftees we will get as well and those like his uncle Maurice at the club, then I think he stays unless it is a clear overs. If it's a 50/50 may or may not work which 1 draft pick is then we may as well keep him (I think is the richmond thinking). We have 2 top 20 picks already, 3 with the one baker brings in, which is a nice start to our rebuild. No intrusion, good for us to understand where we are at, and that's that rioli is contracted and stays unless the offer is overs. At best I reckon we can throw picks back for points next year, a 4th and a 3rd.

You know what, I don't think so. I reckon the fact GC were in his ear halfway through the year but then didn't trade won't sit well. One pick can be a bust, and he is our b&f with many years left. He will still have the same trade value next year and is a reason for young fans to come to games. Given what he can teach the draftees we will get as well and those like his uncle Maurice at the club, then I think he stays unless it is a clear overs. If it's a 50/50 may or may not work which 1 draft pick is then we may as well keep him (I think is the richmond thinking). We have 2 top 20 picks already, 3 with the one baker brings in, which is a nice start to our rebuild
Suns supporters are too stupid to realise they have more to lose than us.

They finally convince a gun to go there and then not get it done would be diabolical for them.

No one of quality wants to join them, they have to get it done and they will

Sorry for the intrusion. As long as Cameron holds it together which I now think he will, the offer for Rioli 10 minutes before the deadline will still be just 6. And I think everyone knows with the choice of either keeping Rioli or having 6, you’re gonna be taking 6.

My question is would you rather actually just do 6 for Rioli on Monday morning so you could potentially use 6 in swaps, or would you want to wait until the deadline?

Gold coast has no future unless they get success soon. Tassie are about to become the next golden child and the AFL care more about converting the kebab eaters of western Sydney than the children of Victorians escaping the cold.

So pony up for a contracted player and take your chance of success, or gtfo and go back to supporting your parent's team.

If you believe that then you would believe that pigs can fly. Listening to Cameron it is blatantly obvious Richmond is getting more than pick 6. It will all depend how its structured. 6&13 with something going back. 6&23 and the absolute last resort is 6&29 but 6 on its own will not happen. Dimma does not want to lose Rioli i think you have not taken this into account.
You chased a contracted player, you must pay overs to prise him from his contract..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's pretty much accepting only pick 6. Blair wants more than pick 6.
I suggested last week Rioli and a future 2nd for 6&13 Or if they don't like that, Suns to hand over 6&23
The deal has to favour us MORE as he's contracted, it must be overs.
Think it’s materially more than 6. Our second next year, after many bids, might be closer to 25, in a meh draft. 23 could be flipped to a F1 with upside, or used this year on someone who’d be comfortably better than who we have available to us at 25 next year.
Obviously prefer old mate Craig Cameron to toss in something for nix, and if he & Blair weren’t tight I think that’d be far less likely, but if we are minutes to midnight, it beats 6.

As long as 6 is coming, Dan is going.

They finally convince a gun to go there and then not get it done would be diabolical for them.

The people running the club. They get in the ear of a player and his manager, then trade time comes and play hardball. All the while the afl is pushing them to make the 8 so they can get some fans by giving them free access to anyone born in Queensland, basically paid for by trading an early pick for lots of junk picks. I don't think they realise the AFL is telling them to give their picks away for stars to bring fans in and get some success. Imagine a rioli running around for their marketing, and they are haggling over 13 to a club like richmond starved of chances at young players, who has a free agent leave who is given band 4 which has made us more ropeable. Makes you want to throw up. No. Payback for the 4th band compo for Graham is 13 or we keep rioli and say stuff you GC and afl, stay playing in front of a thousand people and having 6 win seasons. They are officially on my nerves. Don't get me started on freo! Supporters must have the same frustrations with their management too surely?!

Was he one that folded and gave up pick 2 for Weller or gave up Bowes and pick 7 for virtually nothing?

Gold coast has no future unless they get success soon. Tassie are about to become the next golden child and the AFL care more about converting the kebab eaters of western Sydney than the children of Victorians escaping the cold.

So pony up for a contracted player and take your chance of success, or gtfo and go back to supporting your parent's team.
Ok see you at the trade deadline it is then :)

Yep, that and reinforcing the Darwin connection, especially with a Rioli. This is a marketing and future trading chip.
They can’t botch this one up.

Yep, that and reinforcing the Darwin connection, especially with a Rioli. This is a marketing and future trading chip.
They can’t botch this one up.
They can. They won't...probably, but they certainly can.

Pick 6 and 23
Pay Me Season 3 GIF by Good Trouble

I’m happy with 6, but live swaps can also be done too.

Ideally we want to be using 6 in the draft not upgrading it. We have other picks for that.

1,2(or 3) and 6 is what we want.

No intrusion, good for us to understand where we are at, and that's that rioli is contracted and stays unless the offer is overs. At best I reckon we can throw picks back for points next year, a 4th and a 3rd.
This is the hardest bit for fans to get their heads around when comparing it to other deals rolling around!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back