STK give 7, 8
STK get 3, 20, 26

WC give 3, 26
WC get Baker, 7

RICH give Baker, 20
RICH get 8
I dont like this
pick #8 is really like being half pregnant

But if by some chance the eagles did end up with #7 & #8 which i doubt stkilda would do
They would probably send #8 to the eagles for their #15 & #16

Can just picture the whole thing. July/August conversation 2024 between Tigers and Lions list managers...

Blair Hartley: Dom, obviously you guys are going to need points for Ashcroft and Marshall, fair to say you'd be looking to trade out your round 1 pick to get some extra points?

Dom Ambrogio: Yep, spot on Blair.

BH: How many points are you after?

DA: We feel if we could get around 1700 points in 4 picks it would suit our needs.

BH: We would quite like to get an early commitment on this so we can focus on lots else we will have going on. Does that suit you guys?

DA: Absolutely, yes, if we can get that many points, happy to give up our first rounder come what may, it might go our way, it might go your way, depends where we finish.

BH: Oh ****. I realise we cannot do this Dom, fleabitten from Bigfooty is the General Manager of a simulation basketball franchise, and he would never do this.

DA: Shit, that rules it out then, what a shame. We'll just have to win the flag and hope you make a mistake adding up the points and give us way more than anyone else would for the pick.

BH: Yep, you are a live runner mate, the finals lineup is pissweak and my calculator is running out of batteries and I cbf'd changing it.

Funny, but it's still bad business to make deals that way. Multiple teams need later picks for the points, including some teams that we are already looking to make deals with. Whatever small benefit there is to locking in a trade for a mystery pick is not worth forfeiting the bargaining power that those picks have and locking them out of any other potential deal that could materialize in the following months. It's just dumb, even if it's how the IRL brains of AFL list management often do it.

This is actually sad to watch unfold like this.
the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

Blues would be a cracking hate watch

And hawks wouldn’t?

IRL the blues fans I know are pretty reasonable people. The Hawks fans I know are arrogant gronks. Had one explain to our entire WhatsApp fantasy league chat that their superior kulcha is why they turned it around so fast, completely ignoring their 6 previous seasons. Then the footy clinic shit happened a couple of days later 🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won’t be doing that, the issue for Richmond is that if you accept 6 for Rioli right at the deadline on Wednesday, there won’t be time for you to deal it for 2 or 3 really.

I guess you could wait till Wednesday morning but I feel like it’d be easier for you to do it Monday and get it out of the way considering how many other trades Richmond has to do?
I wasn't aware Rioli was out of contract, Richmond is not shopping Rioli around, Gold Coast wants Rioli and that is a different dynamic.

That’s a typo. They don’t keep 7 as it goes to us. So really

Saints
Out - 7, future first
In - 3

Eagles
Out 3
In - future first, 20, baker

Richmond
In - 7
Out - 20, baker
If what you've been told is true, that is a very good result for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back