List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

What Picks Will Richmond Get For Baker Bolton & Rioli

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Flexibility for next years trade period
Gives the ability us to be in the running for a big fish player target or ability to trade into better picks again or even the year after
We'll be able to trade down our last pick or 2 while collecting F1s. Like last year's pick 35 on steroids.

That’s always the risk but if you look at our list as well it’s extremely unlikely we take 8 players in the national draft

It would mean having no selections in the pre season draft or pre season supplemental period and historically our club likes to have options for those two things as well because we have found some success with them
Historically our club likes to have options for those two things because historically we haven't had historic draft hands.

They traded it to Essendon
Druggos will be looking to trade back in after Kako bid. Rosa is a noob who's already been fleeced by Melbourne, he can have pick 24 for an F1 and F2.

Houston is a good player. He's underrated in Vic. He's now overrated because he's in Vic.

We'll be able to trade down our last pick or 2 while collecting F1s. Like last year's pick 35 on steroids.

Historically our club likes to have options for those two things because historically we haven't had historic draft hands.

Druggos will be looking to trade back in after Kako bid. Rosa is a noob who's already been fleeced by Melbourne, he can have pick 24 for an F1 and F2.
Theoretically what do you think our pick 24 is worth in this current market?

Theoretically what do you think our pick 24 is worth in this current market?
I think we hold it until draft night. In live trading I think we can do a pick slide like last year and pick up a future first as well.

If it’s supposed to be the best draft as in good players all the way through why would we gives picks away for next draft
Exactly. Let's get them in and get them working. Imagine picks sliding every year, you would never get anyone in. Use them all I say. Maybe kmacz Dow, Coulthard etx to the rookie list if we want them

I think we hold it until draft night. In live trading I think we can do a pick slide like last year and pick up a future first as well.

It’s an interesting situation. We could easily trade for futures and do pick slides with 18, 20, 23 & 24 but in our current position is it not better to take the best available players.

I don’t think we should trade away the picks if we think the players on the board are good enough and meet our needs.

Last edited:
Can’t see us trading for pick 2

We had our chance to accept 10&18 from Freo

Then trade 10&Baker for 3

Means the eagles would have had Baker & 10 instead of baker & 12 like they have after the Carlton deal

We could have had 3 and 18

Instead have 10 11 & 18

We obviously prefer 10&11 over 3 so can’t see us trading for 2 unless it’s 10&11 which I doubt norf accept

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rose coloured glasses …. 1 x AA and 1 x B&F between them. Houston has 2 x AA in the last 2 years alone, is long-term contracted, and Rioli and Bolton both secured much better trade deals than him.

We got more for 26yo ex-rookie Baker than Dogs will get for 23yo ex pick-7 Bailey Smith.

We did amazingly well given the depth and quality of this draft - amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I prefer to think that they did badly. No, poorly.

Both clubs got shafted. But, if you ask me who had the greatest value of the five: I have no hesitation in saying it’s Shai.

And it’s not close.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back