List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

What Picks Will Richmond Get For Baker Bolton & Rioli

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We should just trade pick 2 for picks 3, 4 and 5.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Not much to get excited about when looking through the list of delisted players but theres one I'd contemplate & thats Culley.
Did his ACL against us last year & seems to have no issue since ,so much so that he worked his way back into the 1's by the end of this year.

He's not the quickest type you'll ever see but pretty decent skills.

From what I read he's still training with WC but a few Vic clubs have shown interest.

adjective

1. (of an action or situation) likely to arouse or incur resentment or anger in others.
  2. Definition of invidious as in jealous having or showing mean resentment of another's possessions or advantages.

I've only heard it used in the sense of someone being in a position that would almost certainly lead to unpopularity or resentment.

Like your mate asks you whether he should dump his missus for another woman, he is placing you in an invidious position. If you say no he might think you don't want him to enjoy himself and you don't want his life to be more exciting than yours. If you say yes his missus will pillow talk what you said out of him and hate you forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

adjective

1. (of an action or situation) likely to arouse or incur resentment or anger in others.
  2. Definition of invidious as in jealous having or showing mean resentment of another's possessions or advantages.
Damn you! I was posting exactly this.

Well done

I've only heard it used in the sense of someone being in a position that would almost certainly lead to unpopularity or resentment.

Like your mate asks you whether he should dump his missus for another woman, he is placing you in an invidious position. If you say no he might think you don't want him to enjoy himself and you don't want his life to be more exciting than yours. If you say yes his missus will pillow talk what you said out of him and hate you forever.
That example is what's known as being caught in the horns of a dilemma.

I think you'd have to agree that we have certainly put ourselves in a position that would lead to unpopularity and resentment.

Long may it last.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back