List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

What Picks Will Richmond Get For Baker Bolton & Rioli

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is giving up two early picks worth moving up the draft in an even strong draft where it’s felt the difference between top few to 15ish is less than normal ?
I remain firmly in the position of taking more picks rather than trying to move up the draft order .
But we are potentially getting a second high range pick by trading those two picks, albeit it’s a 2025 early pick we will be receiving

I guess it all depends on how many picks were planning to use. I don't mind the idea of getting pick 2 and North's first pick next year. Even if they improve it's not going to be that much, so it's still going to be a top 10 or even a top 5 pick.
If they're all in the top 30 (even the top 40), you're using them all. Even if that means trading them into 2025 on draft night.

Nobody is leaving Pick #24 unused, even if you've grabbed 7 youngsters before that.

Yeah, I really like the idea of getting hold of North's 2025 1st rounder too. It's all well and good for people (usually who have none of their own insight into it anyway) claim 2025 is not as strong as 2024, but come this time next year I bet we'll be clamoring for top 30 draft picks again. There will be plenty of great talent available again next year.

LOL OHB / COLINA

OHB is showing signs but is about 10% chance to make it as an AFL ruckman
Colina probably less of a chance due to his back issue's

Nank goes down we are in the hands of Samson Ryan then daylight
The club must really see something in mate that we didn’t see in his couple of games at VFL level to re list him. I assume he will no longer be eligible for category B rookie spot after being delisted so we will actually be using a proper rookie list spot on him. I like the look of OHB against the smaller rucks at state league level but as you said he’s a fair way off competing against AFL standard ruckman, even the second stringers. I think he will probably be given a block of games at some stage next year to see what he’s got.

If they're all in the top 30 (even the top 40), you're using them all. Even if that means trading them into 2025 on draft night.
That's what I meant. I should have said how many we plan on using draft night and will we have one to trade for next year.

Hopefully we do.

‘ potentially ‘ and in a draft that is already being touted as being shallow .
The first half dozen or so picks won't be shallow. North won't be improving that much.

They have to improve you would think next year. Having said that there aren't many teams you can see them going past.

Tigers
Eagles
Dons
Saints
Crows - maybe

Tigers - Yes
Eagles - Maybe
Dons - According to the media they are top 4 contenders. Otherwise maybe
Saints - should be no. But definitely maybe
Crows - probably no.

So a top 5 pick - ish. Love that.

Im not sure, so we swap 2 for 6 so we get the player we want at 2 rather than 6. Amd then the 10 this year for their F1 which could be 4 to 12 let's say but in a worse draft? I guess it depends on who we want at 2 or 6 and how equal they are. Given we can argue north may rise and the better draft I saw we ask for the 2, F1 and f2

I look at it as 6 + 10 for 2 + (likely) top 5. That's a huge win to me.

Yep, it's a no-brainer, for so many reasons
If it actually happens, North get 2 good KPs (if all goes according to plan) and we get 2 elite players.

I can see what North gets out of the trade. But damn, we make out like bandits.

If it actually happens, North get 2 good KPs (if all goes according to plan) and we get 2 elite players.

I can see what North gets out of the trade. But damn, we make out like bandits.
It’s just the price they have to pay after trading out of this draft and needing something other clubs have.

Tend to agree, although I think the Dons are going to stink.

Dons are having deja vu all over again. To me it looks like they have a poorly balanced list with all the same cultural problems. Next step historically has been fragility and the coaching being knifed, slowly or quickly. If they have grown up as a club maybe they come back hard. But I suspect they will struggle.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody is leaving Pick #24 unused, even if you've grabbed 7 youngsters before that.

Yeah, I really like the idea of getting hold of North's 2025 1st rounder too. It's all well and good for people (usually who have none of their own insight into it anyway) claim 2025 is not as strong as 2024, but come this time next year I bet we'll be clamoring for top 30 draft picks again. There will be plenty of great talent available again next year.
We will garner a F2 or more with sliders, we have form , worry not

If that trade was actually on the cards surely it would have been announced already. We can’t expect anything better than that (unless we’re just haggling on if we hand over 10 or 11)

If that trade was actually on the cards surely it would have been announced already. We can’t expect anything better than that (unless we’re just haggling on if we hand over 10 or 11)
I think it currently sits something like this:

Norf: Hey Richmond, what can you give us for pick 2?
Richmond: Picks 6 & 23
Norf: What about 6 & 11 for pick 2 & F1?
Richmond: Don't love it. What about picks 6 & 23 for pick 2?

They value pick 11 much more than 23. Despite the evenness of the draft, there still are tiers. 10 and 11 are towards the end of one tier, and 23 is a level or two below that. That almost guarantees Norf one of Tauru/Armstrong at 6, and then Trainor or someone like Lindsay, Allan or Hotton at 11. At 23 they'd be hoping a Whitlock was still there, or someone like Faull. If they want to go tall 6 & 11 probably gives them two picks the first three of the bunch.

Trading of picks doesn't start til November 1st I think?
I think it's ongoing, but then they cut it off from 8th Nov until the draft.

I think it currently sits something like this:

Norf: Hey Richmond, what can you give us for pick 2?
Richmond: Picks 6 & 23
Norf: What about 6 & 11 for pick 2 & F1?
Richmond: Don't love it. What about picks 6 & 23 for pick 2?

They value pick 11 much more than 23. Despite the evenness of the draft, there still are tiers. 10 and 11 are towards the end of one tier, and 23 is a level or two below that. That almost guarantees Norf one of Tauru/Armstrong at 6, and then Trainor or someone like Lindsay, Allan or Hotton at 11. At 23 they'd be hoping a Whitlock was still there, or someone like Faull. If they want to go tall 6 & 11 probably gives them two picks the first three of the bunch.

I think it's ongoing, but then they cut it off from 8th Nov until the draft.

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 4 to Oct 11: Free agency window
Oct 7 to Oct 16: Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period
Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

Can trade till Nov 8 and then not until live draft on draft night. Hopefully this thread slows down...

Tend to agree, although I think the Dons are going to stink.
They will stink but still be around the 7-13 mark. Brad Scott can do a lot with not much and he will get them back to their mediocre best. Additionally, i just don't see them improving out of sight with the lack of players brought in and the trades they made.

Can he mark or kick

Outside of Nank, not sure that's something any of our ruck prospects can do.

Why not just draft Dodson?

We don’t need a ruckman to step in for a couple of years and if Nank has injuries Ryan, OHB and Colina will get their chance.

However, with the club planning to retain Colina I think we may not even bring another full time ruck. We may draft a tall KPF that can do both.

Dodson requires us using pick 24 and missing out on someone like Hannaford.

Knobel already has 2 years development in an AFL system and requires a late/rookie pick.

The exact type of player we should be targeting as he fills a need, is in the right age bracket and outside of Nank none of the others on our list in that position look likely to make it

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back