Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derp deep, jog on flog...
I'm not sure that was neccessary. I don't think I was being disrespectful at all, just pointing out a flaw in your reasoning.

Just left icon park and was sitting 3m away from SOS and Adrian Dodoro having a trade discussion chat.

I heard Ashbury and Brisbane mentioned in the same sentance but I couldn't hear in what context.
The context was them laughing at us for knocking the deal back, regardless of whether it was ontraded for Yarran I'd take it.

Richmond sucks at trade week.
Richmond sucks at everything between the end of August and start of November

View attachment 184131

Moore's numbers. Stuck behind a number of players who excel in clearances at Port whereas it is a weakness for our side. Never know but with more opportunity some players can thrive, no greater example of that then our very own Miles.
21 hitouts in a game as 3rd up, we have our back up for Maric. Moore the new Griggs

You know what, theres a bloke at Essendon called Brett Stanton..

Who was in the top 30 (I think, can get it precisely if you like) players on ChampionData's ratings thing and would be free.

That I would support. On pure numbers.

Remember a guy mercilessly booed by Essendon fans, waved away and then had a fantastic 100+ games at a decent club?

Paul Salmon

But nah, let's pay overs for someone who can't get a game at their current club.

Maybe he's been foxing & playing dead for 4 years in the hope he gets to Richmond one day.

I'm not sure that was neccessary. I don't think I was being disrespectful at all, just pointing out a flaw in your reasoning.

18z1KT-1G5w-300x200.jpg

So you come into some other clubs forum and point out flaws . That's not disrespectful . Onya bike

Who was in the top 30 (I think, can get it precisely if you like) players on ChampionData's ratings thing and would be free.

That I would support. On pure numbers.

Remember a guy mercilessly booed by Essendon fans, waved away and then had a fantastic 100+ games at a decent club?

Paul Salmon

But nah, let's pay overs for someone who can't get a game at their current club.

Maybe he's been foxing & playing dead for 4 years in the hope he gets to Richmond one day.

Listen mate **** off with Brent Stanton it will never happen and you commenting on it constantly is an absolute chubby deflater

Paying for a free agent certainly breaking new ground.

Their club and their few supporters are so fickle and so in debt that they can't afford to bottom out.

Henderson is pathetic. Soft, slow and easily beaten early in a game. Downgrade on Rivers.

Scott Selwood wanted to play with his brother, who himself had a crap year. Is about to have his 3rd ankle reconstruction. Whoopee!

How would you rate their Hamish McIntosh pickup. Awesome, eh. Makes Hampson look like Simon Madden.

You'd be be easiest poker player to fleece. Just keep hitting.

Day 3 of a trade period and you're throwing toys. Grow up

Obviously paying for a Free Agent isn't groundbreaking, but when it's one of the best players in the competition it's certainly huge for a club. Doesn't matter if he was going there all along, they got him and that's that.

Henderson is a bit up in the air I do agree, he could benefit from a new club environment or could completely flop. Selwood also really, but has played some good football in his years at West Coast. Again hard to say whether he will be a good pickup or not.

To be fair McIntosh has had a lot of injury problems, still not a good recruit by the club but then again I never even mentioned McIntosh, literally all I mentioned was I thought Geelong had done well to bring in some players so far, and one of them is top 5 in the comp.

In absolutely no way do I like Geelong or their supporters, I just had an opinion that they had done well so far this off-season.

And also, in no way am I 'throwing toys' or sooking. I didn't realise commending another club a little bit for being aggressive would get me shot down like that. If our club thinks getting Yarran, Townsend, Moore etc. is the way to go now, then so be it. We have tried to land big name players and it hasn't happened for us once, and that is a little disheartening at times. But at the end of the day I believe the club has us on the right track for a flag and will always support their decisions.

If Geelong recruiting Henderson and Selwood (maybe Smith too yet) does not work out, I'm wrong then. It was only my opinion that they've done well, because it's an opinion forum after all. You have yours and I have mine, no need to start insults.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic.

My picture didn't even work*. Don't go including me with those inner webs ruffians.
good day sir.

* just saw that it did. You can include my weird turnip pic now as a form of bullying. Have a rainbow :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Listen mate **** off with Brent Stanton it will never happen and you commenting on it constantly is an absolute chubby deflater

Shelve your abuse.
It's a discussion forum.
With very few exceptions, I was absolutely flogged on here when I led the Ivan charge in 2011. Gone ok, eh?

Your total inability to justify an assessment with anything other than "Oh he's crap" reflects of your inability to compose even a base argument.

Presumably if you were list manager, when called before the coach and asked to explain why you wanted to get someone, you'd say "He's awesome" and sit down.

Lift.

If you want a chubba, the Internet should be able to help you

Shelve your abuse.
It's a discussion forum.
With very few exceptions, I was absolutely flogged on here when I led the Ivan charge in 2011. Gone ok, eh?

Your total inability to justify an assessment with anything other than "Oh he's crap" reflects of your inability to compose even a base argument.

Presumably if you were list manager, when called before the coach and asked to explain why you wanted to get someone, you'd say "He's awesome" and sit down.

Lift.

If you want a chubba, the Internet should be able to help you[/QUOTE]

And if i was to look for these places on the internet "for research" where would i go?

And if i was to look for these places on the internet "for research" where would i go?

Obviously paying for a Free Agent isn't groundbreaking, but when it's one of the best players in the competition it's certainly huge for a club. Doesn't matter if he was going there all along, they got him and that's that.

Henderson is a bit up in the air I do agree, he could benefit from a new club environment or could completely flop. Selwood also really, but has played some good football in his years at West Coast. Again hard to say whether he will be a good pickup or not.

To be fair McIntosh has had a lot of injury problems, still not a good recruit by the club but then again I never even mentioned McIntosh, literally all I mentioned was I thought Geelong had done well to bring in some players so far, and one of them is top 5 in the comp.

In absolutely no way do I like Geelong or their supporters, I just had an opinion that they had done well so far this off-season.

And also, in no way am I 'throwing toys' or sooking. I didn't realise commending another club a little bit for being aggressive would get me shot down like that. If our club thinks getting Yarran, Townsend, Moore etc. is the way to go now, then so be it. We have tried to land big name players and it hasn't happened for us once, and that is a little disheartening at times. But at the end of the day I believe the club has us on the right track for a flag and will always support their decisions.

If Geelong recruiting Henderson and Selwood (maybe Smith too yet) does not work out, I'm wrong then. It was only my opinion that they've done well, because it's an opinion forum after all. You have yours and I have mine, no need to start insults.

I didn't insult you. I merely explained why your post was so lacking in justification.

I'm not sure if you've been avoiding any news involving Aish, but he has specifically nominated Collingwood, not just a Melbourne based club.

You misunderstood what I said because they don't teach advanced English until grade 4 or 5. I am well aware that Aish has been advised Eddie gives the best BJ's but the fact he is looking for BJ's in Melbourne and not Perth or Adelaide indicates he may be well to receive an alternative type of foreplay from a club not into brown love.

Shelve your abuse.
It's a discussion forum.

Lift.

If you want a chubba, the Internet should be able to help you

I definitely don't get one from your constant Stanton flag waving. What is it? You seem fixated on an outside squib as a good pick up for the club? You honestly reckon that's what we need? Have you actually watched the last three finals defeats? Reckon outside is what we need?

I seriously just don't get the AFL's reasoning behind the free agency system, they continually just go off half-cocked because they think maybe someones going to throw the baby out with the bathwater if everything's not to their liking.

The idea of getting compensation contradicts the whole reason why free-agency had been introduced in other sports. If you lose a player worth 700k, you have 700k cash to go splash on another free agent, that's how the market is supposed to work, player movement is natural and everyone ends up where they want to be, for whatever the market dictates they're worth. If so and so are waiting on AFL compensation then it just slows down the whole process and makes the movement stagnate.

Restrict the top teams to only bringing in a free agent if they lose one, put a cap on the spending of teams 5-8, 9-18 go nuts. There's your equalisation fixed, was that so hard? It seems at the moment we're going to get stuck in this never ending loop of bottom teams drafting players for a few years and then losing them

If all we did for this week was to re-sign Lennon, I'd be extremely content. Yarran and Townsend to come next week, plus the potential for a big name still as well. Geelong have done well, but there's no need to fret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back