Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 12 for someone like Weller and 22 would be ace, per RATD

Think it's the best thing we can do. Get a young gun into the side who has tasted senior footy and had a pre season with a strong side. He will be best 22 straight away for us.

Then we still get a decent selection at 22.

Fremantle do it for the first rounder to get McCarthy.

If we can pull off Astbury for 21 and pass that onto Carlton to have pucks 22, 31 and 52 would still leave us with some chance to get a some good young talent through.

Townsend, Yarran and Weller would be a great haul and put us in a better position. All are best 22 players.

They lose plenty by keeping him around. Firstly he has already shown his attitude can be very negative when he isn't enjoying his footy. Secondly having him play VFL most if not all of the year ruins his value for next year when he is a RFA so any chance of getting a decent compo pick get blown out of the water. Thirdly they are getting pick 12, which they have wanted all along, and it is only going to happen on our behalf if we're getting something back as well as Yarran. If it was a case of simply giving up 12 to get the deal done it would have been done Monday last week.

Never said its a sensible decision, but when your house is falling down you don't give a shit if the seat on the crapper is broken

I don't believe he sooks, more that he is rather negative in his attitude and when you're trying to rebuild a list you don't need to have those sorts of blokes around. Whether yourself or others like it or not Yarran is worth a pick in the 15-25 range, if we can't get a deal done to get us a pick in that range we may well be required to offer up 12 and I'd only be happy going down that path with something else coming back too and pick 20 or the pick they get for Bell would do me. An 8-9 pick upgrade in a shallow draft is a very good return for Carlton giving up Yarran and a second round pick. Depending on what is on offer for that pick it could be a very good trade for us. Speed and skill of Yarran and maybe just maybe a big bodied midfielder like Dunkley Oliver or Hibberd.
RFC are the only club interested in him , if nothing else that should convince you that he is not worth our first and is not worth downgrading our first .
FJ does not have a good enough record to be trading down or out of our first round draft pick .
The clubs rise has come since it stopped trading or downgrading the first round pick , a move that should continue .
I'd rather pass on tartan than take the risk of missing the clubs preferred target at 12 and re entering the draft in second round .

RFC are the only club interested in him , if nothing else that should convince you that he is not worth our first and is not worth downgrading our first .
FJ does not have a good enough record to be trading down or out of our first round draft pick .
The clubs rise has come since it stopped trading or downgrading the first round pick , a move that should continue .
I'd rather pass on tartan than take the risk of missing the clubs preferred target at 12 and re entering the draft in second round .

Hawks were interested and were told he was Richmond bound and not to bother ;)

Hawks were interested and were told he was Richmond bound and not to bother ;)
Carlisle stated he wanted to go to st kilda didn't stop them having a crack at him . If hawthorn wanted tartan they would have continued to press and would also be still pressing , given there is a stand off between the tiges and spooners . Was there any actually factual evidence , from Hawthorn , that they were interested or was it simply a , dodora linking us to Carlisle type scenario ??

Carlisle stated he wanted to go to st kilda didn't stop them having a crack at him . If hawthorn wanted tartan they would have continued to press and would also be still pressing , given there is a stand off between the tiges and spooners . Was there any actually factual evidence , from Hawthorn , that they were interested or was it simply a , dodora linking us to Carlisle type scenario ??

Fantasia or whoever their football manager is said on radio they asked.

If we get Yarran back to his best then yes he's worth a first rounder.

The fact is though currently he was demoted to the vfl and stunk it up there and walked out on the club and didn't attend the club best and fairest. He has also nominated us and turned down Hawthorn.

Early to mid second round is fair.

It's a tricky one as Carlton have acknowledged he probably isn't worth pick 12 and we have also said he is better than pick 31.

I have a feeling we will go back on the "we wont trade pick 12" comment and exchange it with our pick 31 and their pick 20

Would anyone have any interest in Apeness from freo? Hasn't resigned from what i can tell. 200cm KPF who went at 17 in 2013.
Isn't that the type of player Freo need? If Freo were to trade him, then they must not rate him. May not get a game with us anyway as plenty of KPFs.

Last edited:
If we get Yarran back to his best then yes he's worth a first rounder.

The fact is though currently he was demoted to the vfl and stunk it up there and walked out on the club and didn't attend the club best and fairest. He has also nominated us and turned down Hawthorn.

Early to mid second round is fair.
I'd go early second but first even late is bs.

sent from the bada bing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want us to get Crowley

i think you have had a few to many beers tonight goto sleep and think about what u wrote tomorrow.... waste of space on the field straight up taggers are my most hated players in the game no skills what so ever all they do is stop another player playing if u have the cattle in your team you shouldn't need to worry about someone getting tagged boos ur team mates should take the load...
look at the danger v fyfe battle amazing game and did u see the smiles on there faces at the end of the game thats how the game should be played

I want us to get Crowley
how-dare-you.jpg

I rate Lobbe very highly
I don't mind him, he's better than he played in 2015. He's not worth a first rounder though

The Age reporting Brisbane have cooled on the idea of getting Astbury
If true you'd think
1- we're asking too much
2- they are just trying to get him for less
3- the age has no idea
I doubt that very much.

A- They would be silly knock back any player that wants to play there.
B- They are so light on KPF and KPD its not even funny. Name 1 other decent KPD apart from Carlisle that is looking at moving clubs.

The club has stated they value him as being worth a pick between 15-25. With the academy kids to go early pick 12 becomes 15 as Mills Kennedy & Hopper should all go early on. So if it gets to late in the trade period I'd be offering pick 12 for Yarran and their R2 pick. If they don't take it walk away but I believe that they would take the deal because our pick is what they have been after all along. I've never said we do pick 12 for Yarran on it's own but if we can't get another pick in that 15-25 range our next best option is the deal I've proposed. Understand your position is to walk away rather than take that so rather than go around in circles lets just agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back