List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
ONly way i see Richmond getting pick #12 from Gold Coast is offer them a deal they cant refuse

Rioli + F2 + $500k x 2 years for #6 + #12

This gives them points for next year plus cap relief
We could then use #21 (1st pick on 2nd day ) get into 1st round in 2025 and might even do the same with #22 if we get that for Graham

Just basically means we get #12 plus move our F2 to F1
I think we are going to have to. I'm still struggling to understand how we reach our cap for 2025..... going to need to be creative. can definitely see us footing part of multiple players contracts to 1) get that better draft pick and 2) get us to the cap requirements.....

I think we are going to have to. I'm still struggling to understand how we reach our cap for 2025..... going to need to be creative. can definitely see us footing part of multiple players contracts to 1) get that better draft pick and 2) get us to the cap requirements.....
think its a great idea, we need to use the cap somewhere and overpaying people for what they produce is never a good idea. free up the money in a couple of years when we have a better picture of where our youth is at then use it to keep the ones worth keeping.

I have no problem with player movement. Swings and roundabouts. Time for us to hit the draft as hard as we can given where we are in our development cycle
Has always maintained any of our premiership guys want to leave to better their post football life they go with my blessing.

Cooney gearing up for todays mega trade.....

4-20 Weed GIF

Pretty poor form from the president in my opinion with his comments. I can cop it with Rioli and Bolton a touch, but at the end of the day it achieves nothing.

When it comes to Baker he has seen out his contract, said he wants us to be compensated and is heading home. If we wanted to lock him in for his career we could of signed him for longer but we didn't.

Yep agree, you don't single players out and basically dig at other premiership heroes we've had that have their reasons for leaving. What kind of culture does that bring?

If we were contending, it would be slightly different, but it's pretty fair given the situation Richmond is also in with a full rebuild required and the departing players have played a great role for our premiership years. If I was Rioli/Bolton, hearing that, I'd be pretty sour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have a good history recruiting South Fremantle players: Maurice Rioli, Shai Bolton, Matthew Parker, Marlion Pickett, Steely Green ...

Now linked to Isaac Winder:

FORMER West Coast forward Isiah Winder is back on the radar of AFL clubs.

The 22-year-old has been given a late invite to the Western Australia state combine this weekend.

Winder played seven games for the Eagles after being selected at pick No.57 in the 2020 AFL Draft.

The Peel Thunder product was delisted at the end of 2022 and then added to the rookie list for the 2023 season before being delisted again.

But after getting back on the park in 2024 and firing with South Fremantle in the WAFL, Winder has put his hand up for another shot in the AFL after averaging 25.7 disposals from 18 appearances in his first season with the Bulldogs.

Richmond is understood to have considered Winder ahead of the Mid-Season Rookie Draft before selecting Jacob Blight from Peel Thunder and Campbell Gray from Essendon's VFL program.

Pretty poor form from the president in my opinion with his comments. I can cop it with Rioli and Bolton a touch, but at the end of the day it achieves nothing.

When it comes to Baker he has seen out his contract, said he wants us to be compensated and is heading home. If we wanted to lock him in for his career we could of signed him for longer but we didn't.
Poor form thanking a player for being loyal? WTF?

Didn't name Bolton, Rioli or Baker at all. Why shouldn't the President thank a player for sticking around?

Some Eagles posters on the trade board legitimately think O'Rourke giving Baker a backhander last night has lowered his trade value

Goodfellas GIF
A real back hander would be to actual single out those players leaving. He just thanked Broad. Not sure what these people wanted to hear? Something like "Id just like to thank some players who are leaving the club Baker, Rioli, Bolton & Graham"? **** off.

Poor form thanking a player for being loyal? WTF?

Didn't name Bolton, Rioli or Baker at all. Why shouldn't the President thank a player for sticking around?
Why didn't he do it in the weeks and months after Broad said it on radio?
We all knew what John was doing. It wasn't necessary, it was just petty.

Why didn't he do it in the weeks and months after Broad said it on radio?
We all knew what John was doing. It wasn't necessary, it was just petty.
What's petty is our own supporters wanting to read too much into a speech and pat those players who are leaving us on the back as they leave our team in shambles.
2 of these players are leaving breaking contracts because the club isn't performing anymore after coming out previously talking about being lifetime tigers.
I'd back the club 100% than these sooks

Is there anything that the club does that campaigners won't complain about?

Yes I see the irony in my post

SARAH Olle and Josh Gabelich on Trade Exchange have discussed the potential hand Richmond could hold coming into the upcoming draft.

Following trade requests from Daniel Rioli - who last night won Richmond's Jack Dyer Medal - Shai Bolton and Liam Baker and with free agent Jack Graham also expected to depart, Gabelich says the Tigers could hold up to seven picks in the top 30 come draft night.

"If Dan Rioli gets to the Gold Coast Suns, as expected, there's a fair chance pick six from the Suns will be included in that deal, which is a big, big get when you consider where they're at right now," Gabelich said on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.

"Liam Baker ... could pick 13 be included in this deal? They don't have pick 13 right now, the West Coast Eagles, Hawthorn do. The expectation is that will be included in the Tom Barrass trade.

"All of a sudden, there's pick six, there's pick 13 and we haven't even discussed Shai Bolton yet. The expectation is he (Bolton) does get to Fremantle, they've been in the hunt for him for the best part of three to four months now.

"Then factor in Jack Graham and the free agency compensation they will get for him.

"Richmond could really be armed with pick one, pick six, pick nine, pick 13, pick 16, pick 21 and pick 29 - that's not including the Jack Graham compensation." - Phoebe McWilliams

SARAH Olle and Josh Gabelich on Trade Exchange have discussed the potential hand Richmond could hold coming into the upcoming draft.

Following trade requests from Daniel Rioli - who last night won Richmond's Jack Dyer Medal - Shai Bolton and Liam Baker and with free agent Jack Graham also expected to depart, Gabelich says the Tigers could hold up to seven picks in the top 30 come draft night.

"If Dan Rioli gets to the Gold Coast Suns, as expected, there's a fair chance pick six from the Suns will be included in that deal, which is a big, big get when you consider where they're at right now," Gabelich said on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.

"Liam Baker ... could pick 13 be included in this deal? They don't have pick 13 right now, the West Coast Eagles, Hawthorn do. The expectation is that will be included in the Tom Barrass trade.

"All of a sudden, there's pick six, there's pick 13 and we haven't even discussed Shai Bolton yet. The expectation is he (Bolton) does get to Fremantle, they've been in the hunt for him for the best part of three to four months now.

"Then factor in Jack Graham and the free agency compensation they will get for him.

"Richmond could really be armed with pick one, pick six, pick nine, pick 13, pick 16, pick 21 and pick 29 - that's not including the Jack Graham compensation." - Phoebe McWilliams

Rioli for pick 6 - win (would be even better if we can somehow get a 2nd rounder on top)
Baker pick 13 - win (never expected this pick and still don't believe it)
Bolton pick 9 & 16 - Loss, (I hate it, but I even hate 9 & 10).
Graham - compo - win (don't care if it's a 3rd rounder TBH).

All our late picks don't even come into the conversation, maybe we do lose a pick in the Baker deal (29?) I hope we can maximise those late picks though, happy for future picks if we already have so many picks in the top 30.

What's petty is our own supporters wanting to read too much into a speech and pat those players who are leaving us on the back as they leave our team in shambles.
2 of these players are leaving breaking contracts because the club isn't performing anymore after coming out previously talking about being lifetime tigers.
I'd back the club 100% than these sooks

I think you are a fool.

our club us not in shambles if anything those leaving are help others in the club keep their jobs

watch Geelong fall off a cliff in coming years. Swans losing this year proved Geelong 2022 GF was a false indicator

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back