List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
why do you not want us to get 12 from the Gold Coast, is it allergic to you?? political perception problem in the sense too many picks from GC they think we are doing Bowes plus 7??
i would love to get 12 but i think it's about a 1% chance of happening so i don't bother pipe dreaming that much. I think getting pick 20 is hopeful but also unlikely as Gold Coast still need points for Lombard.

Other teams are coming hard for pick 12, more than we can offer for Rioli & other picks, especially when future 1st rounders are being thrown around for it. Doubt we have any chance.

Well according to cal twoomey we shouldn't ask for more than 9 and 16

And 6 is enough for rioli who is 28 next year

But no mention of Bolton's age

Twoomey can stick to radio and Hartley and Toce can stick to driving hard for the best deals for the Richmond FC

Yeah pick 6 on its own wont cut it. He is 27 and B&F winner. Exactly the type of player required for the suns.
Its picks 6&12 or worst case scenario 6&20. Lets see how bad suns want Dan and from all reports Dimma wants him bigtime. So pay up and that means overs due to being contracted. This should be non negotiable, two first rounders for Dan Rioli

i would love to get 12 but i think it's about a 1% chance of happening so i don't bother pipe dreaming that much. I think getting pick 20 is hopeful but also unlikely as Gold Coast still need points for Lombard.

Other teams are coming hard for pick 12, more than we can offer for Rioli & other picks, especially when future 1st rounders are being thrown around for it. Doubt we have any chance.
how is it 1 percent of getting it when we can offer GC more than other clubs?? I am not afraid of competition, other clubs come for it, we beat them simple and offer more. It is called a market

how is it 1 percent of getting it when we can offer GC more than other clubs?? I am not afraid of competition, other clubs come for it, we beat them simple and offer more. It is called a market
If we are already getting 6 off them how is also getting 12 on top better than what other clubs are offering if they are throwing F1 around for it?
Gold Coast academy kids again next year with the rule changes they will need multiple F1 rounders if they have multiple 1st rounders coming through to match. Gold coast won't want our 2nd/3rd rounders.

If we are already getting 6 off them how is also getting 12 on top better than what other clubs are offering if they are throwing F1 around for it?
Gold Coast academy kids again next year with the rule changes they will need multiple F1 rounders if they have multiple 1st rounders coming through to match. Gold coast won't want our 2nd/3rd rounders.
now we are getting to it.

So are you saying other clubs are offering future first in 2025 for pick 12?

We could get pick 12 in the rioli deal through wage paying and picks being sent with rioli. Depending on the wage, we either pay 20% more points or 10% more points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 9 is likely to end up as pick 12 (Ashcroft, Lombard & Battle Compo- Saints shouldn't get band 1 but AFL will look after minnow clubs)

Pick 16 is then likely to be 20 (addition of Kako Bid)

I know these players aren't available to us but on face value, Bolton for 12&20 is huge unders and that's before you even consider he's contracted for another 4 years and we'd likely offer to contribute to his salary.

Even Picks 9&10 (12&13) seems low but would be something I think we just get done given it secures 4 picks in first 13 players on the board
the battle compo wont hit the level for band 1 but they will get it coz the pres had a sook

New York Nyc GIF by Storyful

Can we just start the trade period?

I have nothing of any value to post. SO I posted this.
This is the thing. Everyone's melting about this players worth this blah blah blah. Nothing has been said by any club or player regarding trades. Everyone is melting over media pundits opinions. We shall see next week but I have a feeling the Bolton trade was done and dusted months ago.

Obv we go in asking for 9, 10 & 16. They clearly have the cap room and a willingness to deal 10, so perhaps they move on to their Baker 2 target? Whoever they take at 10 isn’t moving the needle in a flag push before 2028/9.

IF it was 9 & 16 (yes, I know) what extra would be sufficient for us to say yes? 27? Our F3 for their F2? Simpson?
Our F2 for their F1 could be fun, but naturally likely to be unpalatable to them given Warner

Yeh sounds good and all but...

Any bjs yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back