List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
If Bolton sooks and plays terribly (which is highly likely) we end up suffering because his currency will plummet.

Fact is we are trying to play hardball with Freo over a guy we actually don’t want and would rather trade him in for picks. Bolton also would rather go for family.

This is called a bluff, whether Freo falls for it or not is up to them. It’s going to be a game of chicken until the last days of the trade period. Hope we don’t blink first and Freo are desperate enough to contend that they’ll pay a fair value for Bolton.

There’s nothing stopping us applying a different style of treatment to him like Dusty. We could help him move family over or allow him more time away in WA with his family. Bolton is the exact player we don’t want to lose.

If Freo don’t want to pay the price for a player they desperately need, they can get ****ed. And while they are getting ****ed we can let Brayshaw know that we have a $10m/7 year deal ready for him at the end of 2025… let them try and sign him early in December like their smug list manager thought they would… ****wits!!!

If Bolton sooks and plays terribly (which is highly likely) we end up suffering because his currency will plummet.
Why would anyone even want him then? Maybe because they'll still know what he's capable of and only played poorly because he didn't get to where he wanted to go.

I don't see how he can sook if we tell him that we didn't want to pay any part of his wages whilst playing for another club, and what Fremantle offered was not worthy of a player with a contract such as Bolton has at the Tigers.

I think we'll end up keeping Bolton if we don't get 3 first rounders for him.

3:45PM - TIGER PICKS HIS CLUB

After weighing up the decision and seeing ex-coach Andrew McQualter take the job in the west, Jack Graham has picked West Coast as his club of choice.

The Tigers premiership star will join the Eagles as an unrestricted free agent on a four-year deal, likely to land the wooden spooners a small level of compensation.

The 26-year-old has played 131 games across eight seasons at Richmond, including the 2017 and 2020 Grand Finals.

He is from South Australia.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...ext=a dozen times.-,3:45PM,-- TIGER PICKS HIS

Why would anyone even want him then? Maybe because they'll still know what he's capable of and only played poorly because he didn't get to where he wanted to go.

I don't see how he can sook if we tell him that we didn't want to pay any part of his wages whilst playing for another club, and what Fremantle offered was not worthy of a player with a contract such as Bolton has at the Tigers.

I think we'll end up keeping Bolton if we don't get 3 first rounders for him.

Bolton to put it in a nutshell is a downhill skier. He has no motivation whatsoever to be in a spoon side which we saw this year and the nature of his position as a HF means he’ll play poorly due to poor delivery.

So adios muchachos to his currency next year and the year after if he stays with us. People are complaining about him being worth more than pick 11 and 18. If you wait a couple of years he won’t be even worth that. Then what, we f’ed ourselves up yet again and cost two elite kids cause we were stubborn. And for what to see Bolton rot in our b2b spoons. Yeah no thanks

Bolton was pick 29 and we turned him in to a 2 time premiership player and now can get 2 first round picks for him. Time to cash in and not be greedy and shoot ourselves in the foot.

Last edited:
Made it up.

Reckon we'll get band 4 though. Campaigners.
Money Yes GIF by Ingrid Arna

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lefau did a ACL in June. it takes 12 months

Clarke did a ACL in mid April. It takes 12 months

Young did a ACL in May. It takes 12 months.

These guys will do sfa for us in 2025. will be lucky to put together 10-15 games between them with 1/3 of those actually being any good. trying to come back decent in a team with no protection or quality is a road to nowhere
Take this to the injury thread
stop clogging up this thread with rubbish

Fair point! Although I think maybe I have misunderstood what point you were making. I thought because you said they will be on an LTI that we'll have more picks available, but I don't believe that's how the system works. As far as I can tell the LTI decision can only take place after the drafts (but before the SPP)

No, but you can promote rookie spot guys in their place from my memory (although i havent kept up with all the changes the AFL makes to list management, almost annually).

This issue is we are going to have around 30 people on the list who are not yet AFL level, or unable to play due to injury. Where are the starting 18 going to come from? Its going to be bloodbath. I am up for a rebuild, but not unprecedented losses, which is where i fear this group heading

Bolton, Martin, Grimes, Graham, Dan Rioli, Pickett, Baker - In: who? A bunch of kids?

Who do we have able to "stand up"? Ryan, Dow, Miller, MRJ - all of these guys would likely be delisted from a top team, or traded out for peanuts.

Lefau, Clarke, Young - already LTI

Prestia, Lynch, Hopper - already injury prone and now 1 year older.

With those LTIL guys already and say we get the same luck we had this year with the other 3 mentioned - what will be our starting 18?

It was a stupid question !

A good negotiator does not air his position until the time is right.
I loved the way he gave absolutely nothing away!!

Reckon we'll end up with:

1, 6, 11, 12, 14, 20, 24, 29, 75

Trading:
Bolton and 42 for 11 & 12
Baker 14
Rioli 6 & 29
Graham 42 (compo)
picks 32, 43, 50, 60 and 69 for pick 20

I'd be open to seeing what picks 24 and 29 could bring in terms of F1's for next year.
Are you crazy? All those picks near 1500 points for pick 20, 912 points from Brisbane and they’ll expect no bid for Ashcroft which save them 600 points. 2100 points for 912. Glad u don’t do trading. Add 1 more pick and demand 20 + their F1. We have them by the balls. No trade bid on Ashcroft at 1 and Marshall inside top 15. Marshall is a gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back