List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:

DEES LOOK FOR DRAFT DOUBLE DIP​

MELBOURNE has interest in trading its future first-round pick for one of the Fremantle's first-round selections this year as the Demons look to double-up on talent in the upcoming draft.

Fremantle list boss David Walls on Monday confirmed the Dockers have interest in flipping one of their three 2024 first-round picks into a 2025 first-round selection, depending on how their quest to land trade target Shai Bolton fares.

"That's definitely a chance. There's a lot of clubs keen to get back in so we'll see what happens at the end of trade period and see how many of the first-rounders we're still holding and if we've traded or not," Walls told Gettable Trade Radio on Monday.

"If we're still holding three, we'd definitely look to roll one forward because we think there's a strong market for it and we could get overs."

The Dockers have put forward picks 10 and 18 for the contracted Richmond star Bolton, as well as a five-year deal.

The Demons, who hold pick No.5, have aggressively used their future first-round picks in the past to strong effect and have also tabled their 2025 first pick for the in-demand Gold Coast pick 13 this year.

Melbourne list boss Tim Lamb said on Monday the Demons would "100 per cent" table the pick to other clubs if the Suns pursue other interest with their selection, which is likely.

"This is an outstanding draft. We'd love another pick. We think it's a ripper to be involved in," he said.

3:45PM - TIGER PICKS HIS CLUB

After weighing up the decision and seeing ex-coach Andrew McQualter take the job in the west, Jack Graham has picked West Coast as his club of choice.

The Tigers premiership star will join the Eagles as an unrestricted free agent on a four-year deal, likely to land the wooden spooners a small level of compensation.
Reckon that's why Blair was so terse and tight-lipped today. He'd just heard about the Band 4 compo for Graham and was internally raging.

So Twomey claiming Freo might trade one of their first round picks up Melbourne for their future 1st - which obviously is pick 11.

Great news for us IMO - if they do that trade it means Bolton stays.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk

If Bolton stays I’m going to throw up. F’ed up the rebuild already.

This group will make 95-96 Fitzroy look like the dynasty Lions.

You need to stock up on cheap pro's to make this strategy work ffs - how does the club not realise this shit? It's more than just "high draft picks". You actually need to develop them too
I saw jagga and FOS dominate the VFL. I reckon they are already upgrades on our midfield. Any game lynch plays, with a settled backline with balta, we are a chance.

It's looking like the Dan Rioli deal is going to end up being part of a mega trade. No idea of the details, but you'd have to imagine it will involve Noble (Collingwood), Rioli (Richmond) and Houston (Port) at the least.
6/13 & F1(pies)

If you’d rather trade for 10 & 18 you’ve got rocks in your head
Go hard for 10 and 11, but blink if we have to. He's a loose unit, will not put in like Rioli did this year, and will coast. Then we'll be in the same place next year and it'll be one late first for him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can't get it right with Picks 1, 6 (Rioli), 15 (baker), 24 then eh we suck at recruiting

We can f that up. The more picks the better. I’d take 2 first rounds picks for Bolton.

His value is going to keep depreciating like a car.

Essentially everybody in this thread wants Bolton gone for picks. This is proof we have no leverage in this trade.

No, but you can promote rookie spot guys in their place from my memory (although i havent kept up with all the changes the AFL makes to list management, almost annually).

This issue is we are going to have around 30 people on the list who are not yet AFL level, or unable to play due to injury. Where are the starting 18 going to come from? Its going to be bloodbath. I am up for a rebuild, but not unprecedented losses, which is where i fear this group heading

Bolton, Martin, Grimes, Graham, Dan Rioli, Pickett, Baker - In: who? A bunch of kids?

Who do we have able to "stand up"? Ryan, Dow, Miller, MRJ - all of these guys would likely be delisted from a top team, or traded out for peanuts.

Lefau, Clarke, Young - already LTI

Prestia, Lynch, Hopper - already injury prone and now 1 year older.

With those LTIL guys already and say we get the same luck we had this year with the other 3 mentioned - what will be our starting 18?
I don't mind us being at the bottom, crowds dropping, views dropping, memberships dropping. We fund half the clubs with our profit and the afl have actively worked to drop us in so many ways. Let us drop and drop their finances to remind them who we are!

He was asked just beforehand about Ashcroft but his comment was more about would we bid on players and his response was that we would bid according to where we have them ranked, thats how the system should work.
Thanks.yeah i knew about the bidding bit.
This day and age you think we can catch up with times and have reporters covered so we can actually hear the question.

Go hard for 10 and 13, but blink if we have to. He's a loose unit, will not put in like Rioli did this year, and will coast. Then we'll be in the same place next year and it'll be one late first for him.

If he wants to spud it up for 4 years it’s his career. Reassure him that a trade will be explored every year if that’s what he wants though it has to benefit the club otherwise he stays.

No, but you can promote rookie spot guys in their place from my memory (although i havent kept up with all the changes the AFL makes to list management, almost annually).

This issue is we are going to have around 30 people on the list who are not yet AFL level, or unable to play due to injury. Where are the starting 18 going to come from? Its going to be bloodbath. I am up for a rebuild, but not unprecedented losses, which is where i fear this group heading

Bolton, Martin, Grimes, Graham, Dan Rioli, Pickett, Baker - In: who? A bunch of kids?

Who do we have able to "stand up"? Ryan, Dow, Miller, MRJ - all of these guys would likely be delisted from a top team, or traded out for peanuts.

Lefau, Clarke, Young - already LTI

Prestia, Lynch, Hopper - already injury prone and now 1 year older.

With those LTIL guys already and say we get the same luck we had this year with the other 3 mentioned - what will be our starting 18?

19 players currently on our list (excluding those leaving) played 10 or more games in 2024 (includes McIntosh and Dow).

8 players played 5-10 games (includes Cumberland)

7 players played 1-5 games (includes Coulthard)

So we’ll have at least 30 players on our list that played a game for us in 2024.

While I think we will struggle in 2025, I think our players will develop quicker than anticipated. We have a nice group of 15-20 players in that 21-25 age bracket that are the most likely to see dramatic improvement.

Lefau did a ACL in June. it takes 12 months

Clarke did a ACL in mid April. It takes 12 months

Young did a ACL in May. It takes 12 months.

These guys will do sfa for us in 2025. will be lucky to put together 10-15 games between them with 1/3 of those actually being any good. trying to come back decent in a team with no protection or quality is a road to nowhere
3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back