List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
It's obviously pick 18 - if we don't take that along with 10 & 11.

Not as long as it's pick 18 that they trade.....
There's no way Melbourne trading a future 1st for 18 which will end up being 24-25.

It's pick 11.

Will be absolutely hilarious if Freo stuff this up and Bolton goes to West Coast. He's exactly what they're missing and stuffing this up will is the reason why will continue to never win a flag.

They really are happy being mediocre - Bolton will get them into a flag contention.

DEES LOOK FOR DRAFT DOUBLE DIP​

MELBOURNE has interest in trading its future first-round pick for one of the Fremantle's first-round selections this year as the Demons look to double-up on talent in the upcoming draft.

Fremantle list boss David Walls on Monday confirmed the Dockers have interest in flipping one of their three 2024 first-round picks into a 2025 first-round selection, depending on how their quest to land trade target Shai Bolton fares.

"That's definitely a chance. There's a lot of clubs keen to get back in so we'll see what happens at the end of trade period and see how many of the first-rounders we're still holding and if we've traded or not," Walls told Gettable Trade Radio on Monday.

"If we're still holding three, we'd definitely look to roll one forward because we think there's a strong market for it and we could get overs."

The Dockers have put forward picks 10 and 18 for the contracted Richmond star Bolton, as well as a five-year deal.

The Demons, who hold pick No.5, have aggressively used their future first-round picks in the past to strong effect and have also tabled their 2025 first pick for the in-demand Gold Coast pick 13 this year.

Melbourne list boss Tim Lamb said on Monday the Demons would "100 per cent" table the pick to other clubs if the Suns pursue other interest with their selection, which is likely.

"This is an outstanding draft. We'd love another pick. We think it's a ripper to be involved in," he said.

I would just walk away from the Bolton trade, tell Shai sorry we tried but not going to happen.

I would say to Freo, sure you can trade whatever picks you see fit but if you do then don't come back asking for Bolton because that trade is no longer viable, Shai will be staying at Richmond.

3:45PM - Saints PICKS HIS CLUB

After weighing up the decision and realising that he doesn't want to spend the rest of his days at St Kilda, Josh Battler has picked Hawthorn as his club of choice.

The St Kilda defender who has done nothing will join the Hawks as an unrestricted free agent, likely to land the Saints pick 8 for no reason.

The 26-year-old has played 131 games across eight seasons at St Kilda, including the Wizard Cup Grand Final.

He is from South Australia.
Saints PICKS HIS CLUB

After weighing up the decision and realising that he doesn't want to spend the rest of his days at St Kilda, Josh Battler has picked Hawthorn as his club of choice.

The St Kilda defender who has done nothing will join the Hawks as an unrestricted free agent, likely to land the Saints pick 8 for no reason.

The 26-year-old has played 131 games across eight seasons at St Kilda, including the Wizard Cup Grand Final.

He is from South Australia.

I would just walk away from the Bolton trade, tell Shai sorry we tried but not going to happen.

I would say to Freo, sure you can trade whatever picks you see fit but if you do then don't come back asking for Bolton because that trade is no longer viable, Shai will be staying at Richmond.
100% Walk away

Shai is contracted for 4 years and we hold him to his contract
He comes back and plays - Simple

So Twomey claiming Freo might trade one of their first round picks to Melbourne for their future 1st - which obviously is pick 11.

Great news for us IMO - if they do that trade it means Bolton stays.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk

Great news that we have a player running around not giving a shit and not living up to his potential?

He has to go. Because he has top tier value on the trade market and because he's not the type of player you rebuild a list from the ground up with.

He is the type of player you secure when you're close to winning a flag. Ie not this list currently or likely for the next 3-4 years

Laura Kane
explaining to the clubs with her formula on how the drafting and compensation system works.
LK.jpg
"A man buys a horse for $60. He sells the horse for $70. He then buys the horse back for $80. And he sells the horse again for $90. In the end, how much money did the man make or lose? Or did he break even"?

Last edited:

Agreed. But disappointed with both gold coast and freo acting like fools on players they chased. I'd tell them trades have to happen tomorrow, 3 firsts for Bolton and the 2 firsts for Rioli and that from Wednesday we focus on other deals, like moving picks to get brisbanes first for example. We are the logical choice for that one since not bidding at pick 1 is worth about 500 points. Let's focus on moving up and leaving the clowns for the show. Tell rioli and Bolton to front up day 1 of preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. But disappointed with both gold coast and freo acting like fools on players they chased. I'd tell them trades have to happen tomorrow, 3 firsts for Bolton and the 2 firsts for Rioli and that from Wednesday we focus on other deals, like moving picks to get brisbanes first for example. We are the logical choice for that one since not bidding at pick 1 is worth about 500 points. Let's focus on moving up and leaving the clowns for the show. Tell rioli and Bolton to front up day 1 of preseason

There's no way Melbourne trading a future 1st for 18 which will end up being 24-25.

It's pick 11.
No it's not. Clubs are desperate to get out of next year's draft and into this one. There are 25 kids who'd go top 15 any other year.

There's no way Freo is trading pick 11 in this draft for what could be pick 15-20 in a weaker one. Doubly so because it would cost them Shai.

It's pick 18. If it's anything other than noise.

If it's not 10&11 walk away, deal off
We're getting 10 & 11. At least.

What do you want to keep Bolton for?

Nobody can seem to answer this question.

All I hear is to keep Bolton out of spite.

Somebody, anybody please answer this question.
Because he’s the best player on our list and young enough to be at the club in 4 years as we start to contend. Also Bolton is the type young budding tigers can follow.

Because he’s the best player on our list and young enough to be at the club in 4 years as we start to contend. Also Bolton is the type young budding tigers can follow.

You think we can contend in 4 years whilst also having a 30 year old Bolton?

I don’t think that will happen, and I don’t want it to tbh, we need to be getting as many picks before Tassie comes in as we can.

Agreed. But disappointed with both gold coast and freo acting like fools on players they chased. I'd tell them trades have to happen tomorrow, 3 firsts for Bolton and the 2 firsts for Rioli and that from Wednesday we focus on other deals, like moving picks to get brisbanes first for example. We are the logical choice for that one since not bidding at pick 1 is worth about 500 points. Let's focus on moving up and leaving the clowns for the show. Tell rioli and Bolton to front up day 1 of preseason.
We are definitely getting Brisbanes pick. When asked about Richmond being a bidder for the pick he just laughed and said I think you can join the dots yourself lol

So Twomey claiming Freo might trade one of their first round picks to Melbourne for their future 1st - which obviously is pick 11.

Great news for us IMO - if they do that trade it means Bolton stays.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk
I think they'd be talking about 18, not 11.
Even though they'd need it for the Bolton trade - why would you trade 11 out in a strong draft for something that could be anywhere between 9 and 15.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back