List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
We don't need the Bolton trade to actually happen.

We get picks 6 & 26 for Rioli (i know some here want more but I've always been hopeful for 6 & 26)
Baker for 14
Trade our late picks for Brisbane's 1st rounder.

We will still have picks 1,6,14,20,24,26,32 and whatever we get for Graham.

Thats still a bloody strong hand, 4 1st rounders and the 1st pick of the 2nd round. Plus, we keep Bolton.
Not going to be popular but I agree with this.

Bolton is the one you want to keep unless you get way overs.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk

We get picks 6 & 26 for Rioli (i know some here want more but I've always been hopeful for 6 & 26)
Baker for 14

Thats still a bloody strong hand, 4 1st rounders and the 1st pick of the 2nd round. Plus, we keep Bolton.
Agree with this. End of the day you can have too many picks. Sometimes a known commodity is a strong suit.

Agree with this. End of the day you can have too many picks. Sometimes a known commodity is a strong suit.
Yep, who knows, maybe next year Eagles feel better where their list is at and offer us a high 1st rounder for Bolton.

(If they lose out on Warner) lots can happen in 12 months.

There's no way Freo is trading pick 11 in this draft for what could be pick 15-20 in a weaker one. Doubly so because it would cost them Shai.
dees finishing top 4? theres every chance they are bottom 4 next year, they are cooked. dont see how they improve on this year.

we should try get a hold of it so then we can trade our own future first to north for 2 and guarantee that its a top 2 pick. then we can death ride the dees next year.

So we will get 6 for rioli another pick under 25-30. which is ok imho. Baker 13 or whatever.

But for Sholton we should walk away and be prepared to hang onto him. The type of player that will bring us a first rounder in 2 years time. **** pick 10 and 11 from freo. Hello west coast 2026.
100%

Said the same thing earlier, we still go to the draft with some bloody good picks.

You think we can contend in 4 years whilst also having a 30 year old Bolton?

I don’t think that will happen, and I don’t want it to tbh, we need to be getting as many picks before Tassie comes in as we can.
Yes contend or at least vastly improve.
Get youth next 2 drafts. trade and FA from then on. Plus with our cap space it will allow us to do cap trading. Bolton will not lose value in one year. Most players sort after are 27 -29 year olds. All this bullshit that Bolton won’t put in if he stays is crap. He was played out off position due to necessity, as we had no forwards. He is a midfielder forward. He also has marketing appeal. We know our membership will drop and we need some razzle dazzle to entice youngsters.

If we are well compensated then okay. 2 top Freo picks or keep him. Stop with the 🔥 sale. Our house is ashes and we can only rise from them.

Yes contend or at least vastly improve.
Get youth next 2 drafts. trade and FA from then on. Plus with our cap space it will allow us to do cap trading. Bolton will not lose value in one year. Most players sort after are 27 -29 year olds. All this bullshit that Bolton won’t put in if he stays is crap. He was played out off position due to necessity, as we had no forwards. He is a midfielder forward. He also has marketing appeal. We know our membership will drop and we need some razzle dazzle to entice youngsters.

If we are well compensated then okay. 2 top Freo picks or keep him. Stop with the 🔥 sale. Our house is ashes and we can only rise from them.

I have a feeling 10 & 11 will get it done. I’d be happy with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media narrative by the CFL - that has been mentioned by some is laughable.
They are a bunch of spin doctors.

Geelong's interest in Oliver was apparently fleeting

Even though they had multiple meetings and he met with players at a farm lol

Freo playing tough, will walk away if the Bolton's trade demands are too high

lol that was throw away line that Cal Poindexter directly asked the Freo guy "Is there a point where the asking price is too high". Lol no shit!

Keep spinning the bullshit AFL corrupt carnts. House of cards that place. Hope it burns.

Yes they have and it's been said he's open to either club. But freo have the most interest
I dont believe they have said they have interest ahve they? all I can find is a comment that they thnk he is a good player

dees finishing top 4? theres every chance they are bottom 4 next year, they are cooked. dont see how they improve on this year.

we should try get a hold of it so then we can trade our own future first to north for 2 and guarantee that its a top 2 pick. then we can death ride the dees next year.

Not sure about your awareness of next years draft. It is basically ****ed. There’s going to be a lot of academy players in the top group of players and it’s a weak draft. However, there are a couple of really good players so trading our future first would be a bad move.

Guys have WC even mentioned they are interested in Shai? He aint going to WC and he aint staying.
Matty Clarke has never shut that down when asked and Shai has not specified a club
Push comes to shove if we have to i would trade shai to the eagles for their F1 which will be a top 5-6 pick guaranteed
Next years draft has a good top end but drops away after about 10 going by the watchers

Also the eagles will take 100% of Shai salary and i doubt if we said its either stay at Richmond or go to eagles as freo wont satisfy our request for what our valuation of you are.

There's no way Melbourne trading a future 1st for 18 which will end up being 24-25.

It's pick 11.

Will be absolutely hilarious if Freo stuff this up and Bolton goes to West Coast. He's exactly what they're missing and stuffing this up will is the reason why will continue to never win a flag.

They really are happy being mediocre - Bolton will get them into a flag contention.

Why would Freo trade pick 11 this year for what could be pick 12 next year? Only way the do it is if massive upside so 18 seems more likely.

Matty Clarke has never shut that down when asked and Shai has not specified a club
Push comes to shove if we have to i would trade shai to the eagles for their F1 which will be a top 5-6 pick guaranteed
Next years draft has a good top end but drops away after about 10 going by the watchers

Also the eagles will take 100% of Shai salary and i doubt if we said its either stay at Richmond or go to eagles as freo wont satisfy our request for what our valuation of you are.
I dont see a world where a serious conversation with WC even happens

First time I've heard that, and it's brilliant. Hope Blair is thinking that.
The problem is Reid is out of contract in 2026. they are 3-year deals now for first round draft picks.
That's holding a player for 2 years, I just say hold Bolton if we don't get the right deal.

I don't think Bolton's value really drops 1 year later, If Bolton has good year next season he could actually enhance & Fremantle have a poor year.

Baker for 14

Agree we are still going to have a strong hand but it is a dilemma.
When you think about what Bolton brings to the team in our position, not sure.
On the one hand will do some spectacular things during the year to give supporters something to cheer about in what is going to be a difficult period.
Each premiership player we lose makes the transition harder.
But on the other hand with Tassie on the way, now is a great time to load up.
If we knew we’re getting say Hotton or Travaglia and then Berry for picks 10 and 18 would be prepared to cop it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back