List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:

Yeah definitely. The Nick Stevans one was pretty wild. Decorated Port player wanting to go to Collingwood & Port being stubborn pricks said f-off & left him to die at the Salary Cap penalised Blues. Was brutal. Ruined his career. Port won the flag a year or 2 later
Didn’t he beat his wife or something like that too?

I don't know much about Sexton, but players like that is what we need for a couple of years - "pain sponges". Hired grunts to soak up the pain of losing so your next generation can develop winning flags in the VFL first, while getting springkings of games at AFL level. It seems obvious to me.

The Suns would likely have a couple of blokes on their list that you could get as "Steak Knives", especially as they would be keen to free up cap space & money. Can you imagine how much money they are paying Dimma? And then how much money Dimma got for Rancey & Grigg to come up too? He is a snake charmer if i've ever seen one. He will stay there and bring in his mates to get s sip until the keg runs dry, i can guarantee it. I'd definitely be looking for a rotation player as steak-knives in the deal
What does Dimma Grigg and Rance have to do with a fringe player?

What’s with this obsession with us paying some of boltons salary if he moves.

We are not a benevolent association. And we don’t have to do it
I hope we do pay some of Bolton’s or Rioli’s salary. The cap needs to be used we don’t want to be rewarding below par players with big contracts because we have available space. Look at Norf and Saints and even GC over a period of time.

If it means we get a better draft hand then we pay for the contracts for a year or two and we reward the draftees after their third year.

The only loss is if we don’t haggle hard for the best available picks.

Think Bowes to Geelong for pick 7 from GC last year. I’d happily donthat while we’re shit house and get as many kids in now with top picks

Im expecting #6 + #23 for Rioli & #50 with Richmond paying $1 mil over 3 years

#10 + #11 for Bolton with Richmond paying $1 mil over 3 years

#3 for Baker + #10 + #32

Graham for #25 compo

#40 ,#42 , #44 , #60 , for Brisbane pick #20

Trade #6 + #20 for pick #2

#1 , #2 , #3 , #11 , #23 , #24 , #25 , #66

Take picks 1 , 2 , 3 , 11 , 25 , 66 trade #23 & #24 (first 2 picks on day 2) into F1's in 2025
#66 draft Sam davidson
We ain’t paying shit. Anyone thinking we are has never met Blair

What does Dimma Grigg and Rance have to do with a fringe player?

That the Suns would likely be keen to save cash. If they could only afford to pay Dusty $350 which was what reported, they are likely either struggling with Cap Space, or actual cash - as the Suns must ben paying those 3 a fortune to be there - so getting a rotation player as "steak knives" as part of a salary dump in the Rioli deal would be more likely to happen, than not.

Is there any other post you would like me to explain to you mate? Need any help filling out some forms perhaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club should re-sign Cumberland after giving it some thought. He is the type of guy the club can build a forwardline around for a few years. Trade Lynch to the Lions and try something quirky for a few years while we bottom out.

Lies No GIF

Who does our salary go to next year and the year after? Bolton and Rioli both on good coin. Lynch comes off his 1.4m back ended contract end of next year.

You happy to keep rewarding Short, Prestia and co with 1 year deals at 700k?

This is true but we may be able to almost completely pay off significant portions of the Taranto, Hopper and Shorts contracts next year, and front-load a new deal for Balta.

Pick 25 is the compo for Jack Graham according to a inside info guy at Richmond on the tigercast

Said Richmond knows

Id be happy with that

This is true but we may be able to almost completely pay off significant portions of the Taranto, Hopper and Shorts contracts next year, and front-load a new deal for Balta.
Like it. Paying out Hopper and making him redundant could be an option. He’s only got around 20 games left in him for the club..

you never know - it could be the new chaos ball - what do we have to lose, except games of football? Which we are definitely going to be doing no matter what happens & apparently, no one here cares much about it. So might as well do a really big zag and just make sure, for certain, that Cumberland can't be a premium small-mid forward game winner we desperately need. I reckon $1.5m/3 would be a steal one day if he came good

why arent we targeting any players like we did at the end of 2010 like grigg and houli?

2024 was our 2010

should be targeting these types

how about just targeting "a" player ?

We have definitely nailed this "make them want to leave" strategy - how are we going on the, ummmm, make 'em wanna come play for us one?

why arent we targeting any players like we did at the end of 2010 like grigg and houli?

2024 was our 2010

should be targeting these types
Wouldn't shock me if we signed some delisted free agents.

That the Suns would likely be keen to save cash. If they could only afford to pay Dusty $350 which was what reported, they are likely either struggling with Cap Space, or actual cash - as the Suns must ben paying those 3 a fortune to be there - so getting a rotation player as "steak knives" as part of a salary dump in the Rioli deal would be more likely to happen, than not.

Is there any other post you would like me to explain to you mate? Need any help filling out some forms perhaps?

You do realise the soft cap and the hard cap are totally different? So comparing paying Rance to paying Dusty or a fringe player has 2 fiths of **** all to do with each other.
The suns aren’t short of cash , far from it.
Now you’re just trying to be a smart campaigner. When your actually only coming across as a campaigner

Don’t tell Freo or GC but we can’t meet the salary cap floor without paying part of Bolton and Rioli’s salary, especially next year.

Just pay the players we have on the list why help another club out

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back