List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
So we hold him for the next 4 years. Drop him if he’s no good and he gets less pay.

At the end of the day it’s what’s best for Richmond considering Bolton is contracted.

I’m also to the belief we’ll get 10 and 11. If Freo don’t pay up they’re really dumb. They have a very good list. They’ll risk drafting two players who are going to take a few years minimum and may not work out when they can get Bolton who will play his best footy.
I hope so.

Funny smart team know they are in a window and top up accordingly. Teams like Freo and Carlton, want to keep picks and not go all in.

Hardest thing to win, a Premiership. You just got to go all in. Bolton makes Freo a weapon for 2025, and with possibly adding Warner in 2026, they're Top 4 potential.

Plus we'd likely cover some of Bolton's salary. Richmond added key players to their dynasty years and it resulted in 3 flags.

Fortune favours the brave!

Giants & Gold Coast are clubs that seem to have salary cap issues. They just start out high and end up like Bowes. Lukosious even Hopper & Taranto. Trading players, half the time to clear salary cap.

IF IF IF Gold Coast are still under cap pressure after the Rioli deal and it changes draft picks from 6 & 23 to 6 & 13 RFC pay some of his salary. Maybe a year's worth, esp with Martin & Bolton just off the books.
If not, don't. Just spend it on a spare Dogs KPF or 2.

All AFL players are on decent coin these days. Don't worry about our veterans. Prestia is on good money, don't know about Nank.
Balta will be on very good money next contract.
And hopefully our gun first rounders will be in Harley Read company in a year or 2.

But don’t you think GC have a responsibility to manage their TPP appropriately to get a contracted player?

Why should we help them out for picks. Pay the fair market price and you manage your payroll.

Farkkin hate this salary dump BS to get some weird arse points pick for contracted players

“Get all 3 first rounders from Freo for Shai or GAGF”

“6 and 13 for Rioli or GAGF”

“Don’t pay any salary, Suns are rolling in cash and can GAGF”

Some of you are more deluded than Adrian Dodoro on a bad day.

If you roll over I’ll tickle your little fat belly

If that happens I’ll be very upset
I dunno mate, I'm just pissed at the CFL generally. We'll probably get 25 like that other campaigner said which will be grouse.

I dunno mate, I'm just pissed at the CFL generally. We'll probably get 25 like that other campaigner said which will be grouse.

It’s a litmus test for me. I’ve always joked around about how we get done by the afl but this is it

It’s a litmus test for me. I’ve always joked around about how we get done by the afl but this is it
100%, we've purposely upped our offer, and then WCE have had to up theirs, all for the sake of this compo pick. So we've done the right thing, but for some reason I feel like we'll get dudded by the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So by the sounds of it

1, 6, 10, 11, 14, 21, 23, 25

Is more or less locked in. What we do from there will be interesting
To me that seems too many for 1 draft. I’d prefer to move a couple of those picks into next year or at worst package them up for another low pick, or use to trade for a youngish player with a few runs on the board

To me that seems too many for 1 draft. I’d prefer to move a couple of those picks into next year or at worst package them up for another low pick, or use to trade for a youngish player with a few runs on the board
Take em all

Kozzi was Pick 12 just a few years back, basically as like-for-like as you can get.
It´s been mentioned that this draft compared to others is quite even near the top so I´d hazard a guess that your pick 9-16 players to be of a better standard than usual.
That work out well for Will Philips or Tsatas who were pick 3 and 5. Philips was dominating in his draft year, he was the obvious choice at pick 3. The draft is a lottery, for every Kozzi there’s a few other Anthony Morabitos or Dylan Stephens.

I’d take as many as possible in the top 30 in this draft. Hopefully we end up with 7-9 picks, that example had 8 but we may have been able to get Brisbanes pick 20 as well.

Kozzi was Pick 12 just a few years back, basically as like-for-like as you can get.
Actually, Rankine's as like for like as you can get and he was traded for pick 5 when he was half the player Shai is. Richmond will have told Freo we want a top 3-5 pick but Nepo Baby Walls will be unable to pull it off so we'll take 10, 11 and 18 and if you're not too difficult about it we might throw back 24 and aforementioned dildo.

Bolton for 10 and 2025 R1
That'd be worse than taking 10 & 18 this year. We'll get into next year's draft via our excess picks in the 20s-40s.

I am a big fan of us paying Bolton and Rioli’s salarys to get a better deal. We are rebuilding and I want us to always be paying the full cap.
Why would we pay the full cap when we can pay 90% for three years, which would allow us to then pay 110% when we're on the hunt for free agents in 2027-29?

That puts him around the Pick 4-5 mark. Would take that.

Pick 13 isn't even in the equation.
**** your points. They're arbitrary and meaningless unless you're using them to match a bid. 6 & 23 puts him at 6 & 23.

Think we might find we are asking for all 3 to start.
And we'll get 'em. Might have to give back 24.

They'll get the dildo regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back