Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of having a contract for multiple years for your best players and then letting them leabe with years left for fair value. Nope it's overs as that is the price of poaching contracted stars. Or don't pay overs and look like dickheads when you can't get the deal done. Doesn't have to be ridiculous overs but clearly in our favour otherwise it's just simpler for us to keep them. Sends a message to future clubs wanting to trade our guys. Pony up bitches...

Long contracts means we have something to sell if someone wants to leave.

If Dan had been on a year to year contract he could go to Gold Coast and we would get nothing. With a long term deal they have to pay for him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The AFL really need to change that pick 1 goes to the team finishing second last and the wooden spooners get pick 2.

No more tanking for the spoon, no more fans wanting to lose to finish on the bottom.

Make the wooden spoon back to the miserable embarrassment it is.

North didn’t tank for Harley Reid and he is the most hyped prospect I’ve ever seen..

Rosas from GC, every game I’ve seen him played he looks the goods, if it’s true he’s potentially been told to look elsewhere I’d take him
I saw him play well vs us, ground zero. But dont watch them every week. He got suspended and then dropped.

RFC having to give Kosi 3 years, any fringe player like Rosas, Phillips, Tsatsas is gong to take 3 year contract.

small fwd who kicks goals is a plus, but. MRJ can play mid/ Bolton's spot? Clarke to play Graham's spot. Mansell, Campbell is a winger, Coulthard & Cumbo out, Green retained as depth . Green or Rosas in Bakers spot.
Dusty played 13 games fwd too. Big changes to our fwd set up.

Last edited:

Embrace the beatings. Not point filling the 22 with list cloggers like kozikshit
I will happily take the smashing every week, as long as our younger players get plenty of games for development. We still have enough experience around them.

The AFL really need to change that pick 1 goes to the team finishing second last and the wooden spooners get pick 2.

No more tanking for the spoon, no more fans wanting to lose to finish on the bottom.

We tanked.

Dow, Ryan, Kmac, Graham, Short year long selection.

Meehan's not being sacked. Gale to Tassie but new CEO in the office next door & announced a week before season end

Need to check the what's app comms between Gale & O'Rourke,

Fine RFC like Carlton & draft penalise us like Essendon.

I saw him play well vs us, ground zero. But dont watch them every week. He got suspended and then dropped.

RFC having to give Kosi 3 years, any fringe player like Rosas, Phillips, Tsatsas is gong to take 3 year contract.

small fwd who kicks goals is a plus, but. MRJ can play mid/ Bolton's spot? Clarke to play Graham's spot. Mansell, Campbell is a winger, Coulthard & Cumbo out, Green retained as depth . Green or Rosas in Bakers spot.
Dusty played 13 games fwd too. Big changes to our fwd set up.

Tsatas is exactly like Jagga though from what I’ve seen. Not sure what Essendon would off him for, he doesn’t fit in Essendon team because to many of them are similar players

What's the point of having a contract for multiple years for your best players and then letting them leabe with years left for fair value. Nope it's overs as that is the price of poaching contracted stars. Or don't pay overs and look like dickheads when you can't get the deal done. Doesn't have to be ridiculous overs but clearly in our favour otherwise it's just simpler for us to keep them. Sends a message to future clubs wanting to trade our guys. Pony up bitches...
Contract length inflation is good for players, mostly. Move a player from another club is 7 for a "gun" or 3 year for a Kosi.
Also Martin Bolton and Rioli extending at the same club was great for us. Martin, Grimes retiring & the spoon and a need for a rebuild. Baker & Graham departing anyhow & Rioli & Bolton going for multiple first round picks is crazy access to the first round for the next 2 drafts probably. Before Tassie.

Freo, Suns win with needed players coming in. I don't expect lowballing.

It just means the bottom four all tank to try and get to the second bottom spot.

Even in leagues with a lottery for draft picks (e.g. NBA) you still see tanking.

Tankers gonna tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norf would probably **** that up as well

It just means the bottom four all tank to try and get to the second bottom spot.

Even in leagues with a lottery for draft picks (e.g. NBA) you still see tanking.

Tankers gonna tank.
we're not gonna need to tank next year, its gonna be horrific, but it's the bitter pill we need to swallow to improve our list.

This is all to much for my feeble brain to take in… the exodus of players…

If at the start of the year somebody said Martin, Grimes, Pickett would retire and Rioli, Baker, Bolton and Graham wants to leave, I’d say insanity!!!

Imagine if at the end of 83 we see Bartlett retire, Cloke, Wood, Raines and Taylor leave…. then….. oh wait… :(

Well at least we recovered quickly…. Oh damn!
Not even close there, for starters we didn't get a heap of top quality draft picks to rebuild back then, we got a bunch of crap pie players. Also the amount of picks we will get is far greater than losing 3 players.

Imagine if at the end of 83 we see Bartlett retire, Cloke, Wood, Raines and Taylor leave…. then….. oh wait… :(

Well at least we recovered quickly…. Oh damn!
Cloke, Wood and Raines left at the end of 82, Taylor at the end of 84.

Malcolm Rosas from GC perfect for us. The small forward we are craving. Electric speed, great goal sense and forward pressure
GC need someone like that too. That's all you need to know about Rosas.

Guy on Triple M in Adelaide. Called the Houston and Barass news pretty early, but pretty sure it was already reported on BF about both Barass/Houston.

Called in this morning and said Lynch will be next to request a trade. I’m skeptical.

Rioli one is dirty! Probably more filthy on Dimma! Missed on two coaching jobs until we gave him a chance, should of been sacked in 2016 but we backed him in! (Brave and rewarding call I'll admit) Walks away due to burn out, tweets to Benny on holiday bragging about finding another 20 odd members overseas! Takes the gold coast job then starts harrassing his former players! Real lack of respect about it and leaves a real sour taste towards a bloke that probably should of been regarded as an immortal of our club.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mate I think he paid us back when he won us the first flag and then he added another 2 on top of that.

Harassing former players? You been recruiting? Jesus some of you live in your own reality. You campaigners love the idea when we recruit a player or coach from another club and how they can use their connections to bring others owner but breakdown when it goes the other way.

Footy is a business. Players come and and players go. Everyone involved in a flag has given us more than enough. Stop being so fckng soft and having a mental breakdown when anyone leaves the club. Would expect that from a 5yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back