Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynch makes no sense. We won’t get a return for him like what we’ll get for the others as he’s older and injured

Plus he is way, way more important for the side in a structural sense

It’s an interesting one.

We currently have 6 KPF’s on our list: Lynch, Kozi, Bauer, Lefau, Fawcett & Gray. We also have Balta and Ryan.

I don’t think we will draft another KPF unless we let go at least one of the players above. This basically leaves us with the option of getting rid of Gray or trading Lynch, or we ignore KPFs in the draft.

There is also the argument that keeping Lynch simply prevents us from developing another KPF and gives us a false hope up forward if we don’t have a quality replacement when Lynch retires.

But I agree if he can stay on the park he is too important to us structurally and we can develop the next forward in the wings. I think it may be unlucky Gray and we draft one of the highly rated KPFs.

Plus at best I think we’d get a mid 2nd for Lynch which we may not even use, so it’s more likely a pick upgrade.

It’s an interesting one.

We currently have 6 KPF’s on our list: Lynch, Kozi, Bauer, Lefau, Fawcett & Gray. We also have Balta and Ryan.

I don’t think we will draft another KPF unless we let go at least one of the players above. This basically leaves us with the option of getting rid of Gray or trading Lynch, or we ignore KPFs in the draft.

There is also the argument that keeping Lynch simply prevents us from developing another KPF and gives us a false hope up forward if we don’t have a quality replacement when Lynch retires.

But I agree if he can stay on the park he is too important to us structurally and we can develop the next forward in the wings. I think it may be unlucky Gray and we draft one of the highly rated KPFs.

Plus at best I think we’d get a mid 2nd for Lynch which we may not even use, so it’s more likely a pick upgrade.
Delist Kozi and payout contract lol

Media just hate our club with a passion.
#envyofthenation

We start again with new young Tigers.
Weed out the double agents.
Pretty sure the media absolutely hated the fact Dusty wouldn’t talk to them and we supported him. Will be interesting to see if the narrative changes now he’s g
What we think of them is irrelevant. Clubs don’t offer load a first round pick unless they are sure they are a bust. So much marketing goes into a high first rounder, then to flick them off two years later is unacceptable to most fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree Hobbs, Tsatas and sinn wouldn’t be let go for peanuts, from what I can gather they’re all contracted and were high picks. These 3 are probably unlikely due to that reason, unless we offloaded Lynch to Essendon and paid the bulk of his salary next year. Erasmus is one that could be included in any deal for Bolton/Baker. As for the other guys I mentioned they weren’t super high picks, back end of first round and 2nd round and not getting opportunities. I’m not saying we will get any of them, I just name dropped a few I could think of.

Guy on Triple M in Adelaide. Called the Houston and Barass news pretty early, but pretty sure it was already reported on BF about both Barass/Houston.

Called in this morning and said Lynch will be next to request a trade. I’m skeptical.
I'll do a melt so big it will end all melts

Lynch makes no sense. We won’t get a return for him like what we’ll get for the others as he’s older and injured

Plus he is way, way more important for the side in a structural sense
maybe he wants another flag and thinks he can get it at the pies (lol)

No way we trade Lynch. We need 1 or 2 more seasons out of him. We're not going to draft a KPF either. They just take too long to develop.

We've got Balta, Miller and hopefully Gibcus down back. They will get us through the second half of this decade.

We'll build our midfield through the next few drafts. As many top 20 mids as we can get our hands on.

We'll then use salary cap to bring across mature (25 year old) key forwards in 2027/28. That will set us up to take a run at another premiership.

It's not rocket science.

I mentioned he was of interest yesterday to Tigerbob, I wonder if this on the back of the Rioli trade and our suggestion he would be a good fit for us.
I like him, think he'd be a good fit and has some x-factor. Which we have lost a lot of.

What we think of them is irrelevant. Clubs don’t offer load a first round pick unless they are sure they are a bust. So much marketing goes into a high first rounder, then to flick them off two years later is unacceptable to most fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not as clear cut as that. In 2016 for example, Suns recruited Jack Scrimshaw with the 7th pick in the draft. Two years later he was traded to Hawthorn for almost nothing(a small pick upgrade Suns rd 4 to Hawks rd 3.)

He is now a staple of the resurgent Hawks team and a very good player, and that deal looks an incredible bargain for the Hawks.

Jessie Hogan is another different kind of example in his move from Fremantle to GWS.

Of course there are plenty that go the other way, but each player and deal just needs to be considered on its merits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Rioli and Bolton looking to leave, even if we pay a combined 30 - 40% of their contracts for overs with the picks, then losing Lynch would be stupid.

We have to pay someone. I don't want money to go to players who are mediocre as that just ends up blowing up in your face later. The other think about keeping Lynch around would be that, if we are conservative with his use, we need a skilled forward to provide guidance and coaching to our other forwards. Pretty sure that Kosi is the only forward of our team to play 50 games or more. He isn't skilled or experienced enough to teach and coach the others like Lynch could.

nope, we are in the business of winning premierships, no one is interested in no mans land squads including sponsors

Mr Magic . Explain to me how you win a premiership without a competitive winning squad.

I know you are passionate but that makes no f'n sense.

Kozzie Picketts preference should he be traded is to WA, not SA. That is not good for us.
Eagles preferred apparently cause cousins with Ryan

Hopefully Baker prefers Freo in the end and we just go for the clean sweep of the 1st rounders they have

Here is a scenario that I think could work for Bolton for all clubs. We still pay 25% of his contract and Brisbane can match a bid at Pick 4

Richmond:
Out: Bolton (75% of contract) + 29
IN: 9 + 10 + Erasmus

Fremantle
OUT: 9 + 10 + 27 + Erasmus
IN: Bolton (75% contract) + 14

Brisbane
Out: 14
IN: 29 + 27

Eagles preferred apparently cause cousins with Ryan

Hopefully Baker prefers Freo in the end and we just go for the clean sweep of the 1st rounders they have

Or Eagles give us pick 3 for Baker and 9 and hand over 9 for Pickett. That way they get Baker and Pickett for pick 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back