Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here me out, I just did a 6-team swap, I've done all the work for these teams so trade time could be wrapped up within 24 hours:

Richmond:
In: picks 3,9,12,27
Out: Bolton, Baker, Rioli & pick 21, 29

Got to the Draft with picks: 1,3,9,12,27,39,41,47,57 & Graham compo pick*

Gold Coast:
In: 10,17 & Rioli
Out: 6,13,20 & 34

Go to the Draft with picks 10,17,26,46 (draft points went from 5,477 to 3,480) still plenty of points for Lombard

West Coast
In: 6,21,29,30,Baker
Out: 3 & Barrass

Go to the Draft with pick 6,21,23,29,30,59 they drop 3 spots in the 1st round but gain 3 extra picks in the top 30 & Baker

Fremantle
In: 20, Bolton, Pickett
Out: 9,10,17,27

Go to the draft with picks 20 & 63 but gain Bolton, Pickett & pick 20

Melbourne
In: 13
Out: Pickett

Go to the draft with picks 5,13,38,45,51

Hawthorn
In: 34, Barrass
Out: 12 & 30

Go to the draft with picks 34 & 67 but gain Barrass

If Melbourne don't do that trade for Pickett then Freo can go to the draft with pick 13.
Richmond basically get Bolton for pick 3 & 27, pick 9 for Rioli & pick 12 for Baker. Heap of people saying pick 9 & 10 for Bolton wasn't enough needed to be a higher pick. Also, some fans complained if we don't get a 1st round for Baker.

If we bundle up picks 39,41,47 & 57 to Brisbane for pick 15* and get band 3 compo for Graham we would have 7 picks in the top 30.

Picks 1,3,9,12,15*(Brisbane),22*(Graham) & 27

Last edited:

Was with a friend earlier today and discussing the Baker trade and i mentioned my rating was a pick between 15 - 20
He said he would rather have pick #23 plus a F2 from the eagles and maybe give them a pick 57 or 66 back
I was surprised and asked him WTF ? Why ? some points he made that got me thinking

• Players rated between 15 -30 are just so even that we may get the same player we rank at 23 as we would at 17/18
  • Eagles will be shit again and probably 17th after Richmond which will be last so that 2nd rounder becomes 1st or 2nd pick day 2.
  • If the eagles are generous to Richmond with the Jack graham offer and we receive band 3 which will be pick #22
  • Holding picks #21 , #22 , #23 will be a massive advantage on day 2 when teams work out the quality still remaining

* He mentioned just think of it this was , Day 2 and teams work out whats the waulity available is still another 10-15 deep and the player they ranked at #14 , #15 , #16 or what ever is still available and they are happy to trade out their F1 for that player and we get a F1.
But here is the kicker ........ We could have multiple teams after that pick and if thats the case and after we trade it and the pick gets taken the team's that wanted it could realise their guy is still available so maybe another F1 is on the cards with #22
Rinse repeat with #23

This could become a similar situation to the trades that were done last year prior to selecting McAuliffe where we added 2 x 3rd rounders but on a better scale
Some valid points here. ✅

Last edited:
Ok here me out, I just did a 6-team swap, I've done all the work for these teams so trade time could be wrapped up within 24 hours:

Richmond:
Out: Bolton, Baker, Rioli & pick 29

Got to the Draft with picks: 1,3,9,12,21,27,39,41,47,57 & Graham compo pick*

Gold Coast:

Go to the Draft with picks 10,17,26,46 (draft points went from 5,477 to 3,480) still plenty of points for Lombard

West Coast
In: 6,29,30,Baker

Go to the Draft with pick 6,23,29,30,59 they drop 3 spots in the 1st round but gain 2 extra picks in the top 30 & Baker

Fremantle

Melbourne

Hawthorn

If Melbourne don't do that trade for Pickett then Freo can go to the draft with pick 13.
Richmond basically get Bolton for pick 3 & 27, pick 9 for Rioli & pick 12 for Baker. Heap of people saying pick 9 & 10 for Bolton wasn't enough needed to be a higher pick. Also, some fans complained if we don't get a 1st round for Baker.

If we bundle up picks 39,41,47 & 57 to Brisbane for pick 15* and get band 3 compo for Graham we would have 8 picks in the top 30.

Picks 1,3,9,12,15*(Brisbane),21,22*(Graham) & 27
West Coast and Melbourne say no to this one

Richmond:

Gold Coast:

West Coast

Go to the Draft with pick 6,21,23,29,30,59 they drop 3 spots in the 1st round but gain 3 extra picks in the top 30 & Baker

Fremantle

Melbourne

Hawthorn

If we bundle up picks 39,41,47 & 57 to Brisbane for pick 15* and get band 3 compo for Graham we would have 7 picks in the top 30.

Looks impressive but do we lose the opportunity to move some picks in the 20s for F1s ? Just to get pick 3?
I don't see the value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks impressive but do we lose the opportunity to move some picks in the 20s for F1s ? Just to get pick 3?
I don't see the value

Yeah, i was weighing it up a lot of posters i read aren't happy with 9 & 10 for Bolton and want us to somehow grab pick 3 from West Coast. I think for us to grab pick 3 then we would have to sacrifice something.

Any truth to the rumour we're after Aleer from the Giants?
Where did you hear this mate?

I mentioned him as someone I would love months ago that is behind some elite backmen at the giants.

Yeah, i was weighing it up a lot of posters i read aren't happy with 9 & 10 for Bolton and want us to somehow grab pick 3 from West Coast. I think for us to grab pick 3 then we would have to sacrifice something.
9/10 is fine for Bolton , I can’t recall a better one than 2 x top 10 in recent years , list below and I’ll review

sure, it's only hypotheticals.
West Coast

To put this into a Richmond perspective this would be like trading Jagga/FOS and Balta for M Reid, (after bids) a pick in the late 20s, Baker and two picks in the 40s. Can’t see us agreeing to that, especially when at least one gets eaten by a Champion bid.

Some may disagree but personally think our pick 3 would be for sale at the right price. If you were looking to acquire Jagga and FOS given your likely plethora of 1R picks, you’d have the ability to trade for that pick. No idea what north plan on doing with theirs but if a strong offer was made for pick 3, I think we’d consider it given our need for talent all over the ground apart from key forwards.

West Coast

To put this into a Richmond perspective this would be like trading Jagga/FOS and Balta for M Reid, (after bids) a pick in the late 20s, Baker and two picks in the 40s. Can’t see us agreeing to that, especially when at least one gets eaten by a Champion bid.

Some may disagree but personally think our pick 3 would be for sale at the right price. If you were looking to acquire Jagga and FOS given your likely plethora of 1R picks, you’d have the ability to trade for that pick. No idea what north plan on doing with theirs but if a strong offer was made for pick 3, I think we’d consider it given our need for talent all over the ground apart from key forwards.
Cheers for that. Right price?
Playing the role of buyer, an even draft means lower than usual price to upgrade? Especially if you’re meh on whoever is likely to be taken by us at 3

West Coast

Ok,

I was coming from this angle that you give up pick 3 and drop to pick 6 which still gives you a shot at getting 1 of the better 6 mids on offer. As an incentive to do that we throw in pick 21 (1st pick of the 2nd round which can be very valuable)

On Baker, your not give us pick 12 for him straight up, but for you to get Baker i could see us getting you to obtain an additional 2 2nd round picks in the top 30 plus Baker for that pick 12. This draft might have half a dozen better mids but it appears that the draft is very deep so those picks in the 20's potentially have a chance to grab some decent youth.

Just wanted to have a muck around than the standard trade A for B scenrios we been reading for a week, think its going to take multiple teams involved for each team to be satisfied, from a Richmond perspective getting pick 3 would be huge.

West Coast

So 24 year old Balta that will be a free agent next year and get offers around $1.5 mil a year and likely to attract pick #2 compo is similar to a 29 year old Barrass that the eagles wont pay extra 100k to keep

Really

Last edited:
Definitely sh
Not that we're by any means

Not that Bigfooty posters are by any means experts but in his debut game he kept one of their 2 colossus's pretty honest and we had him rated as the 4th number of votes. His 2nd game against Freo he received the 9th most number of votes. He was dropped on the back of 2 pretty good performances. He then put his nose down and was killing it at Reserves and took a long time to get back into seniors.

He played against Hawks where our backline were pummelled thanks to dreadful mids. Miller was putrid again on the back of constant lousy games and they dropped Blight again. The dude has his family in Perth, his gf plays professional netball over there. With Young & Gibcus out long term and no guarantee how long til fully fit the club really should offer him a 2 year deal so he can settle in and his Mrs can try move to a Vic netball team. Especially since Ryan got 3 years on the back of zero output.
not be blamed for the performance against the Hawks. I don’t know why
Straight swap for Miller :cool:
Go and have a look at the Tigers/Hawks game and see how Miller was beaten. Watch the replay where the hawks were running the ball out of their defence into our defensive 50 then stop the replay and count the number of hawks players in the 50 are verses the number of tigers inside the 50. Blaming Miller when the mids and even the small defenders were not manning up on their players is just unfair.

Richmond:

Gold Coast:

West Coast

Fremantle

Melbourne

Hawthorn

1725247977000.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back