• Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blight comes across as a w***er

Will never forget when yze told he was debuting his first reaction was to confirm he wasn’t the sub . Like chill brother

Has the talent to make it but doesn’t look like a Richmond man
I didn't mind that. He comes accross as extremely driven and determined. That's a good thing.

one has to wonder, what is the hold up with the Smith contract status?
felt the kid was unfairly treated this past season.
would be suprised and disappointed if not offered a extension

He’s probably being moved to the rookie list - no idea whether they can just do that or have to wait in case someone else wants to pick them up.

Blight comes across as a w***er

Will never forget when yze told he was debuting his first reaction was to confirm he wasn’t the sub . Like chill brother

Has the talent to make it but doesn’t look like a Richmond man
I must say I would probably ask the same question, after poor Kaleb Smith's debut, getting your family to the game, only for him to sit on the bench until the final ten minutes with the game well & truly over then dropped the following week. I would rather see the players debut starting the game & if not performing subbed out if there have been no injuries.

Was with a friend earlier today and discussing the Baker trade and i mentioned my rating was a pick between 15 - 20
He said he would rather have pick #23 plus a F2 from the eagles and maybe give them a pick 57 or 66 back
I was surprised and asked him WTF ? Why ? some points he made that got me thinking

• Players rated between 15 -30 are just so even that we may get the same player we rank at 23 as we would at 17/18
  • Eagles will be shit again and probably 17th after Richmond which will be last so that 2nd rounder becomes 1st or 2nd pick day 2.
  • If the eagles are generous to Richmond with the Jack graham offer and we receive band 3 which will be pick #22
  • Holding picks #21 , #22 , #23 will be a massive advantage on day 2 when teams work out the quality still remaining

* He mentioned just think of it this was , Day 2 and teams work out whats the waulity available is still another 10-15 deep and the player they ranked at #14 , #15 , #16 or what ever is still available and they are happy to trade out their F1 for that player and we get a F1.
But here is the kicker ........ We could have multiple teams after that pick and if thats the case and after we trade it and the pick gets taken the team's that wanted it could realise their guy is still available so maybe another F1 is on the cards with #22
Rinse repeat with #23

This could become a similar situation to the trades that were done last year prior to selecting McAuliffe where we added 2 x 3rd rounders but on a better scale

Was with a friend earlier today and discussing the Baker trade and i mentioned my rating was a pick between 15 - 20
He said he would rather have pick #23 plus a F2 from the eagles and maybe give them a pick 57 or 66 back
I was surprised and asked him WTF ? Why ? some points he made that got me thinking

• Players rated between 15 -30 are just so even that we may get the same player we rank at 23 as we would at 17/18
  • Eagles will be shit again and probably 17th after Richmond which will be last so that 2nd rounder becomes 1st or 2nd pick day 2.
  • If the eagles are generous to Richmond with the Jack graham offer and we receive band 3 which will be pick #22
  • Holding picks #21 , #22 , #23 will be a massive advantage on day 2 when teams work out the quality still remaining

* He mentioned just think of it this was , Day 2 and teams work out whats the waulity available is still another 10-15 deep and the player they ranked at #14 , #15 , #16 or what ever is still available and they are happy to trade out their F1 for that player and we get a F1.
But here is the kicker ........ We could have multiple teams after that pick and if thats the case and after we trade it and the pick gets taken the team's that wanted it could realise their guy is still available so maybe another F1 is on the cards with #22
Rinse repeat with #23

This could become a similar situation to the trades that were done last year prior to selecting McAuliffe where we added 2 x 3rd rounders but on a better scale
I've been suggesting that sort of deal for Baker for a couple of months now. Just makes so much sense to get the 2 picks inside the top 30 for him and allow us to dictate the early stages of the 2nd round. First and foremost though we ensure that the players that we want are drafted by us or off the board before trading out.

Rinse repeat with #23

Im
Fairly adamant wc won’t give us 12 , will be r2 and steak knives

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd do that deal if 17 was out of the equation

I’m not against going after pick 3 but there is no way I would trade pick 6 and 9 for it.

You are guaranteed at pick 6 to have access to one of Draper, Smith, FOS, Smillie, Langford or Lalor. If we get it from GC there is no reason to trade it.

Morning fellas, saw on your board someone mentioned the clubs were looking at a trade of Culley for Blight, does anyone have actual mail on this?

One poster got the Freo picks mixed up. The trade which had been discussed between the clubs earlier this year was Freo’s 3x1R for 3 and 23. Now the dust has settled the trade as is stands would be 9, 10, 17 for 3 and 23.

Dare I say it the clubs might be manoeuvring for 3 for Bolton and 17 for Baker although I hope they both head to Freo.

This place would blow up if we got 2 first rounders for Rioli. I'm not sure oppo fans could handle it.
Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

I’m not against going after pick 3 but there is no way I would trade pick 6 and 9 for it.

You are guaranteed at pick 6 to have access to one of Draper, Smith, FOS, Smillie, Langford or Lalor. If we get it from GC there is no reason to trade it.
I got mixed up with Norf, ie; trading 6 & 9 for 2, but you're right, with the depth of this draft 2 x top 10 picks is a bit much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back