Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

North already have their skilled outside mids and will probably pick and an inside mid bull like Josh Smillie or a KPB with pick 2. We have our inside bulls and need skilled outside players. We are after different player types so no real need to chase North's pick.
I'd do it just to hear the melts from Karen Wankley

cumbo must be getting a better deal

View attachment 2102679
Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is on the rookie list isnt he ?

Hate this rubbish we dont even know who is rookie listed and main listed these days with the website
Current rookies for 2025:
Bauer
Blight
Campbell
Gray
Hayes-Brown(B)
Lefau
Trezise
Young

Are draft picks overrated?

Watching Geelong last night make their 7th Prelim in 9 years have they found a different path to success that no one else dares to follow?

Jhye Clark has been their highest pick in ages (pick 8) that they got in a salary dump for J. Bowes from gold Coast.

Next best was trading J.Cameron in for picks 13,15 & 20, followed by Dangerfield for picks 9 & 28.

Last nights team had 6 rookie picks, 1 delisted free agent and an international player. The majority of their side are players from pick 18 to 41 over the past 15 years.

As much as I dislike the mongrels they sure have some kind of hidden secret. This year they will most likely acquire Bailey Smith using another 1st round pick, quite remarkable.

Watching Geelong last night make their 7th Prelim in 9 years have they found a different path to success that no one else dares to follow?

Jhye Clark has been their highest pick in ages (pick 8) that they got in a salary dump for J. Bowes from gold Coast.

Next best was trading J.Cameron in for picks 13,15 & 20, followed by Dangerfield for picks 9 & 28.

Last nights team had 6 rookie picks, 1 delisted free agent and an international player. The majority of their side are players from pick 18 to 41 over the past 15 years.

As much as I dislike the mongrels they sure have some kind of hidden secret. This year they will most likely acquire Bailey Smith using another 1st round pick, quite remarkable.
Wells just nails picks anywhere in the draft. He's brilliant.

They have arguably the best home ground advantage in the comp, as well as being the only team that regularly trains on their own ground. Credit where it's due though as you still have to win the games to make the finals. Their record this year is 8-3 against the bottom 8, but only 5-5 against the top 8 but 0-3 against top 4 opponents.

Do we want to have sustained competitiveness like Geelong but rarely win it all, and be pretty good but not great, or do we wanna stay down for a period but then be awesome when (if) we rise?

I think I prefer a short period of being amazing - and we were bloody amazing - rather than constantly being up, plus it’s stressful.

With that said I don’t wanna be down for 30 years at a time.

Massive respect for them as a club, even though I dislike them as a club.

But they have multiple unique advantages that other clubs do not, so any success they have is partially mitigated by that in my eyes.

Do we want to have sustained competitiveness like Geelong but rarely win it all, and be pretty good but not great, or do we wanna stay down for a period but then be awesome when (if) we rise?

I think I prefer a short period of being amazing - and we were bloody amazing - rather than constantly being up, plus it’s stressful.

With that said I don’t wanna be down for 30 years at a time.

If they end up winning the flag this year it will be 5 flags since 2007. (17 years) As others have said they do have some advantages others don't, but the fact they rarely draft anyone with a first round pick, instead they just use them to acquire top end free agents is mind blowing.

Only 10 premierships.

Im not making too much of last nights cats win . I think its more about Port choking and letting the cats play how they like
Cats wont win and gravity will hit and at the perfect time when Tassie come

They will be down for a long time

I'm not convinced, I thought that in the beginning of 2022 after they seemed to be on the way down like us then they smashed a flag, I thought 2023 the same thing when they missed finals but this year, here they are again. Now they get a home Prelim against GWS or Sydney or a flakey Brisbane or Carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back