Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in a unique position because of the flexibility to trade draft picks many years into the future. One of the smartest strategies when they hit rock bottom is OKC in the NBA. They continually traded for future first-round picks and second round picks, even at the expense of current players/picks. Teams often undervalue future picks in favour of short-term gains. Provides long-term leverage and optionality when rebuilding. Similar to us, they had a heap of salary cap space because they were poor, rebuilding, and all their young drafted talent were still on small contracts. As a result they were the beneficiary to a lot of salary dumps similar to Jack Bowes going to the Cats with a pick attached.

They are a completely different case study as they can trade so many years in advance, and a single player in the NBA can completely transform a franchise. But it really would be wise, I think, to flip some of those mid to late first rounders (if we get them) into future first round picks. This is such an even draft I think teams would be willing to overpay.

Having a strong draft hand/hoarding all the picks for the next few years should be an aim, despite being probably a poor performing team it gives us a lot of power.

The strategy we utilised last year of trading back in the current draft but also gaining future picks was brilliant. Say we get a pick between 10-20 this year - a club might offer a 2025 1st and a 2024 2nd which we can then trade the 2024 2nd back and gain even more future picks. Do it all again in 2025 for the 2026 draft. We are definitely in a unique position to take advantage of the drafts over the next few years.

Graham signs on​

Jack Graham will remain a Richmond player after signing a a new four year deal
I love how much this exposes the crap we get told by the 'experts'. 3 years and signs with the Tigers. Not like what we got told 4 years and WC.

Happy Birthday GIF

Then if we really want to control our own destiny.
Offer pick 6 & 21 to Norf for pick 2.

1/2/3/9/14
Wouldn't that be some hiest.lol
you mean;
Rich # 2 - North #6 & #21 ( think Nth would want our pick 9/10 which ever doesnt go to W/C or pick in the teens
Rich # 3 - WC Baker & #9 or #10

We lose too much I think

The West Coke board is full of nongs.

They think they can get Baker to go to them through the PSD.

The PSD!!!!! Just how f***ing stupid would you have to be to think that Baker - a triple premiership Tiger, would f**k his club and do the dirty and go to the PSD.

That's without even realising we have pick 1 in the PSD you morons.

That my friends is reserved for a special kind of stupid.
If that's their thought pattern, then I'm astounded they know how to f***ing type.

Yeah fireman Kano said it, and planted the dumb seed, but that bloke has dead set shit for brains. All he has is bravado, nothing else. The guy is a simpleton and he's making a career out of it.
I crapped more brain cells this morning than that that inbred has carried around all his life.

100% accurate rant over
Definitely 10/10 for 100% commitment to rant. Best I’ve seen in a while. 😉

Pretty sure we got a full board going, and we are clearing the deadwood from the coaches ranks, and the players who don't wanna be there (it's all got a bit too hard or maybe they want Dimma hugs) are getting moved on for value. We're also revamping the fitness and conditioning side. And we're gonna have an amazing draft hand. Maybe we following different clubs?
FFS mate we nor against the club we just voicing opinions. If the world is perfect we would be all fd 😍

Then if we really want to control our own destiny.
Offer pick 6 & 21 to Norf for pick 2.

1/2/3/9/14
Wouldn't that be some hiest.lol
North already have their skilled outside mids and will probably pick and an inside mid bull like Josh Smillie or a KPB with pick 2. We have our inside bulls and need skilled outside players. We are after different player types so no real need to chase North's pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah GWS reckons the contract demands of a swathe of draftees, when they approached the maturity of their first deal, was a big issue. Think we are a bit different as our 2024 crop less likely to wave the homesick flag.
It’d be preferable to spread it but if we are confident the dude there at pick, say, 17 is better than the ones expected to be available at someone’s predicted 2025 first selection, hit the pick now.
Yes a fair bit of guesswork, but educated.

Might be the wrong call. Someone’s 2025 first might be way earlier than we expect. But we are 12 hours after Max Holmes (who was far from a slam dunk draftee it must be said - he had risks) lit up a QF so there’s that
i think if we can get 5 high picks, you take them and trade the rest into next year

Didn't take Cornes long to have a sook about Richmond.

To be fair he goes on to mention in the article a number of teams are lacking the ability to make hard decisions and he used the Baker trade as an example of how a club like WCE instead of playing hard ball themselves are playing nice. He also points out Adelaide shouldn't have caved in to Walker and Essendon shouldn't have extended contracts they didn't need to extend.

To be fair he goes on to mention in the article a number of teams are lacking the ability to make hard decisions and he used the Baker trade as an example of how a club like WCE instead of playing hard ball themselves are playing nice. He also points out Adelaide shouldn't have caved in to Walker and Essendon shouldn't have extended contracts they didn't need to extend.
Did he mention how many years Port gave to Ratagulea? Was it five?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back