List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id hate to lose ccj after 4 years of development
But if he is part of a deal with the Giants and tom Green
Then it's a no brainer ,,cya ccj

You would have to think that around 800k has now been freed up with Dave and Houli moving on. Gives us some wiggle room on current player upgrades or a couple of new guys coming in.
Martin, Lynch, Bolton and Baltas deals all going up at the end of the year. We have 2 players over Million dollars and well over a million dollars.

Rekon the club would have factored some of these retirements when backending some of these contracts.

Dave and Houli gone, a very different back line.

Thanks Tiger71 for your info. There is a lot in play obviously. But I am happy to hear that we are focused on fixed our major weakness, inside mid.

If we lose CCJ and Chol then our KPF stocks are thin. I presume there is a plan to deal with that.

Otherwise we seem to rebuilding the list carefully and with malice aforethought for the competition.

Id hate to lose ccj after 4 years of development
But if he is part of a deal with the Giants and tom Green
Then it's a no brainer ,,cya ccj
He would definitely help our ball movement and stoppage work. He is rated above average in clearances and contested possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am pretty sure Tiger71 mentioned we are looking at forwards but not the traditional big marking forward like Lynch - we may go back to the days where we had JR and smaller forwards. Perhaps he can update what I have said and correct me if I am wrong.
JR is a bit old unfortunately so we'll still need some kind of athletic kpf (even harder to find).

JR is a bit old unfortunately so we'll still need some kind of athletic kpf (even harder to find).

I think what he meant was we need someone to help Lynch that is mobile - not a true full forward. I took that to mean how we set up in 2017 with JR and smaller forwards. Perhaps Caddy does have a role next year or some players similar. What would I know though. I possibly misconstrued what he meant.

I think what he meant was we need someone to help Lynch that is mobile - not a true full forward. I took that to mean how we set up in 2017 with JR and smaller forwards. Perhaps Caddy does have a role next year or some players similar. What would I know though. I possibly misconstrued what he meant.
It wouldn't be bad to have a more mobile forward. But my point of them being hard to find still stands. Caddy would probably not be able to read the play as a forward since he's spent two years on a wing now.

It wouldn't be bad to have a more mobile forward. But my point of them being hard to find still stands. Caddy would probably not be able to read the play as a forward since he's spent two years on a wing now.

Yeah, agree unfortunately. Caddy would have been the one I would think fitted that role in years past. If he can't now, I am wondering if we will even keep Caddy as he doesn't really fit the wing role either too well. Perhaps he is one on the trade table as I reckon he has a lot to offer another team.

Yeah, agree unfortunately. Caddy would have been the one I would think fitted that role in years past. If he can't now, I am wondering if we will even keep Caddy as he doesn't really fit the wing role either too well. Perhaps he is one on the trade table as I reckon he has a lot to offer another team.
Definitely should be traded. He has no real use for us. He's been wasted.

It's a shame that we moved him after a career best year as a forward in 2018 where he kicked somewhere around 50.

If you think Brander is terrible you have absolutely no idea what you're looking at

Failed forward, failed defender, moved to the wing to try find a spot for him, back to the WAFL.

Gun.

We also loved Jack Steele and Eric Hipwood

What's Jack Steele got to do with it? I can be selective too. We also loved Ben Lennon, Reece Conca and Corey Ellis in the draft. I'd rather take exposed AFL form over their form in the juniors 4 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back