List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiger71 I really like the names you have mentioned, even the likes of Wallis and Lipinski. Disclaimer for those that didn’t watch the Tigercast, go and watch yourself for the proper breakdown of the prospects of getting these guys, end of the day, it’s a recruitment exercise, I’m just listing what’s been mentioned in the podcast.

Guys, we need to be sensible and pragmatic about bringing players in that fulfil a specific need, not just some out and out superstar of the competition, so we can fap about it like some Carlton flogs.

If we manage to get one of Cerra (who, I agree, we haven’t categorically ruled out, and Carlton will negotiate like ****ing dickheads), Hopper, or Green, that’ll be an excellent result. I reckon if we bring in one of these three, we will then get ONE of the names that you had mentioned below. If none of Cerra, Hopper, or Green, we should look at getting 2 of those names mentioned below.

Narkle seems destined to leave Geelong and if he comes to Tigerland he will add to our brotherhood, really beautiful stuff.

Wallis and Lipinski are not household names, of course, but someone like Wallis is a really sensible and pragmatic trade decision. Absolutely zero room for him in the Dogs midfield (and not in their forward line either because he’s not a forward), and he would be great in and under giving Cotchin and Prestia a hand. Sometimes you just need players like this, he’s a leader too.

Billings is a talented player and deserves some credit, we’re a systems based side and if a player like Castagna has survived in this team, Billings, who is objectively a better player than George and Aarts, it’ll be a sound pick-up.

Remember this, there is no chance we would be paying overs for the likes of Wallis, Lipinski, Narkle, and to a lesser extent Billings.

The prospect of letting both CCJ and Chol made me go “what the”, but I get your reasoning. Soldo to come back in.

The biggest party according to Carro is over at AFL House. If sources say that they are happy we missed finals then that just goes to show how useless of an organisation they are. I really hope Benny comes in and makes it all Richmond all the time. Also that he takes a sh*t on Barrett's desk before making him clean it up.

I like the way you think. Gould was touted as a fantastic defender who has not Debuted and I would love for him to be the steak knives in a deal for Stephens.
I honestly think the afl would be fuming to hear that , filter out Caro clear prejudice after her radio station has been barred and there’s nothing to see here

The biggest party according to Carro is over at AFL House. If sources say that they are happy we missed finals then that just goes to show how useless of an organisation they are. I really hope Benny comes in and makes it all Richmond all the time. Also that he takes a sh*t on Barrett's desk before making him clean it up.

I like the way you think. Gould was touted as a fantastic defender who has not Debuted and I would love for him to be the steak knives in a deal for Stephens.
I may be wrong, but Stephens looks disappointing to me. Disposal only average and hardness seems lacking.

What I found disturbing about the show was that Tiger71 believed both CCJ and Chol are gone yet all the discussion seemed to be all about trading in wingers, midfielders etc. Furthermore that when we go to the draft he expects we will be picking a midfielder and a defender in that order with our first two picks?

Wow ok? So we have an old Riewoldt next year who is is a gamble (be it a risk of significant further decline or injury). As well as a Lynch who whilst not Jack's age gets injured often enough for us not to be really surprised when it happens. However concerns about CCJ and Chol leaving were apparently supposedly somehow allayed by the fact that Soldo is progressing well in his recuperation? (as if it was just a backup 'ruck' thing)

All I can say and I might be the only one here that thinks this, but if this draft and trade scenario plays out I pray to God Sampson Ryan astounds us all with his development next year. Because I got a feeling sooner or later we are going to desperately need him....

Collingwood are in a world of pain for this years draft. IIRC their first pick is in round 4 of the draft, yet Nick Daicos (Peter's son) is universally considered to be the number 1 pick.

Therefore they have 2 option to get the points to nab him this year. They can use their 2022 picks for points to use this year, however that limits, once again, their ability to draft for 2023. This is a cycle that can hurt a club if not managed properly.

The other option is to trade out players for draft picks. Looking at the list their are only 2 players worth any currency as both are on long contracts. Grundy and Darcy Moore. Any club wanting them is certain to want Collingwood to pay some of their contract (see Treloar as Collngwood are paying 300k per season towards his salary).
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of buttholes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I found disturbing about the show was that Tiger71 believed both CCJ and Chol are gone yet all the discussion seemed to be all about trading in wingers, midfielders etc. Furthermore that when we go to the draft he expects we will be picking a midfielder and a defender in that order with our first two picks?

Wow ok? So we have an old Riewoldt next year who is is a gamble (be it a risk of significant further decline or injury). As well as a Lynch who whilst not Jack's age gets injured often enough for us not to be really surprised when it happens. However concerns about CCJ and Chol leaving were apparently supposedly somehow allayed by the fact that Soldo is progressing well in his recuperation? (as if it was just a backup 'ruck' thing)

All I can say and I might be the only one here that thinks this, but if this draft and trade scenario plays out I pray to God Sampson Ryan astounds us all with his development next year. Because I got a feeling sooner or later we are going to desperately need him....

I agree I thinks it’s a really silly move letting CCJ go

Astbury's departure is a shock of course.
I wanted Houli to retire initially, however, if we have another defender injury next year then we are in trouble.
Let Chol, Naish, Ross, RCD go.
Retain CCJ.

I agree I thinks it’s a really silly move letting CCJ go

We probably want to keep him and Chol. But we might not get a choice. I think Chol will stay because he is apart of the “brothers”

I cannot imagine us letting go of both CCJ and Chol. Who do we have left in terms of pure KPFs and not KPF/Ruck?

If Jack or Tom go down I don't think it would be a good idea to rely on a ruckman to play that role. Not to mention Nank is very injury prone, Samson Ryan and Mate are extremely raw and Soldo is coming off a major injury.

Jack is nearing the end and Tom can be injury prone too so hopefully we will look at targeting a true KPF or 2 as I think it's one area we have overlooked a bit.

What do you guys think?

I cannot imagine us letting go of both CCJ and Chol. Who do we have left in terms of pure KPFs and not KPF/Ruck?

It may not be our choice though. CCJ may have decided he was leaving a while ago and would have gotten offers coming into this season. If thats the case, how much would you be willing to overpay Chol to stay as backup? as he will have good offers elsewhere and is a FA. Its not like Chol has been well paid before or has played in premierships, so he will take the best offer.

Astbury's departure is a shock of course.
I wanted Houli to retire initially, however, if we have another defender injury next year then we are in trouble.
Let Chol, Naish, Ross, RCD go.
Retain CCJ.
Astburys retirement has been one of the worst kept secrets out of the club in years
A lot of us have literally been talking about it since the pre season and how this year was going to be his last

If Jack or Tom go down I don't think it would be a good idea to rely on a ruckman to play that role. Not to mention Nank is very injury prone, Samson Ryan and Mate are extremely raw and Soldo is coming off a major injury.

Jack is nearing the end and Tom can be injury prone too so hopefully we will look at targeting a true KPF or 2 as I think it's one area we have overlooked a bit.

What do you guys think?
I disagree with T71 in that I think CCJ will be retained. Yes, he’s out of contract, but body language and in interviews he’s given, he wants to stay imo. Pretty confident we will recontract him

If WC cap is tight. I’ve mentioned him before but Dom Sheed. Vic boy- can get it inside and out, absolute class with his disposal and only 26. I’d ask the question.

If WC cap is tight. I’ve mentioned him before but Dom Sheed. Vic boy- can get it inside and out, absolute class with his disposal and only 26. I’d ask the question.
I thought Sheed was born and bred WA? Wasn’t he drafted out of WA?

EDIT: just checked, born in Kalgoorlie, WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back