List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 15 and the dogs 17 would of been a powerful package worth more combined than individually. There’s plenty of stalled deals that need a pick around that mark and it would of been wise to grab it early. Which is why people are annoyed at a missed opportunity.

26 and the Chol compo and CCJ pick from north would of got us close to what Adelaide offered and would of fulfilled our apparent wish to strengthen our draft hand next year and used some of our excess picks this year.

Either outcome is better than where we are at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We weren't getting 17 for what the Dees paid, nor should we have offered what Adelaide did for the Dees F1

Let the ****ers overpay

I don't like that deal, it's just a 4 pick upgrade in a very even draft at the cost of a valuable 2nd round pick.

NO DEAL

unless we’re going for it to package up 11 and 7 for 2

Rumour has it Richmond to trade picks 15&28 for Essendon pick 11
Hmmmmm...would be a good get for Essendon.
Not sure I'd want to give up two picks in the top 30 just to move up four spots.

Brisbane's first next year might be on the table .Pretty sure Ashcroft looks a player for FS pick .They have two firsts this year so something with them maybe .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pick 7 for 14 & future 1st(Only on draft night)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not gonna pretend I know how the points things work, nor do I care to read into it.

But Pies and Dogs were the only teams chasing points to match bids, yeah?
How do we now fob off our excess pick? Don't we already have too many picks to actually take to the draft? Do they just disappear into the ether if we can't on trade them?

That's a hefty price to pay for what will be pick 5.

7+15+28

Maybe some late swaps who knows. We have too many picks. We can be super aggressive. I don’t subscribe to theory its pick 5. We’re not getting Darcy or Daicos. It’s the best available player at pick 2 ex f/s.

This is one of those drafts where points is not the be all or end all given how many picks we have. Have to over pay to get into the top 5 if that’s the strategy. Not saying I agree with it but it’s an interesting proposition

People need to understand when its the point where the trade is just not worth it
We would have had to trump the result the doggies git with our picks #28 - #38 - #42 - #47 = 1853 points for a pick #17 worth #1025
Would have been absolutely stupid to do that deal
Hmm I would have thought about it but I’m no expert

Maybe some late swaps who knows. We have too many picks. We can be super aggressive. I don’t subscribe to theory its pick 5. We’re not getting Darcy or Daicos. It’s the best available player at pick 2 ex f/s.

This is one of those drafts where points is not the be all or end all given how many picks we have. Have to over pay to get into the top 5 if that’s the strategy. Not saying I agree with it but it’s an interesting proposition
2nd best

Not gonna pretend I know how the points things work, nor do I care to read into it.

But Pies and Dogs were the only teams chasing points to match bids, yeah?
How do we now fob off our excess pick? Don't we already have too many picks to actually take to the draft? Do they just disappear into the ether if we can't on trade them?

Pretty much. Could very well mean we end up over paying to trade them out. The point where all those extra picks were valuable has gone. There’s a small chance we can get the dogs or pies early seconds for our 3rds but who knows.

Would of been nice to not have wasted list spots on Castagna, Aarts and Parker then we might of had a fall back plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back