List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
some peeps need to take a chill pill.
what has the club actually told us they're doing? not much.
what has been speculated in here and in the media as to what we should/could be doing? plenty
how much of it is fair dinkum? most likely f00k-all
what if the club is happy with where they're at?
all I've heard from someone close to the club is that we'd like to secure high-ish pick next year for a certain someone north of the border.
cool your jets peeps! if we go to the draft with our current haul we'll still do very well and some clubs will come knocking if a player slides that they really want at our pick... especially in the 20s range.

This is the right way to look at it. I personally love the way the club doesn’t hysterically jump all over the place to try to make square things fit into round places. They value player wages, draft picks and player acquisition/departure a certain way and they don’t budge off those values to try to make headliness happen.

Thus as supporters we all seem to get a gift or two each year like Stack, Pickett, Broad, Graham, Balta, Bolton, Baker, Nankervis, Mansell etc etc etc, that we are all happy enough with. The pick 17 has a certain value. It is in reality pick 19. As has been mentioned some of our lower picks will be worth more if picks before ours are used in matching bids. Also, nothing to say if we fancied it we couldn’t make a move on pick 23 from the Dogs. One thing is for sure they won’t be using it to take a player this year. Pies I think have a similar pick they won’t be using to draft a player. They are not too far from the apparently coveted pick 17.

No need to overpay for things just to be the first to act all the time. Leave that to the Carltoons of this world. Sometimes the early bird might catch the worm, but the birds who show up at my deck any given afternoon can often dine out on a feast of free range chicken and roasted cashews….if they have the belly space to fit these delicacies in. As my mum used to say, there is always plenty of time. 😁

Last edited:

Pretty much. Could very well mean we end up over paying to trade them out. The point where all those extra picks were valuable has gone. There’s a small chance we can get the dogs or pies early seconds for our 3rds but who knows.

Would of been nice to not have wasted list spots on Castagna, Aarts and Parker then we might of had a fall back plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aarts and Parker are on peanuts. Can’t have 8 draftees on the list

some peeps need to take a chill pill.
what has the club actually told us they're doing? not much.
what has been speculated in here and in the media as to what we should/could be doing? plenty
how much of it is fair dinkum? most likely f00k-all
what if the club is happy with where they're at?
all I've heard from someone close to the club is that we'd like to secure high-ish pick next year for a certain someone north of the border.
cool your jets peeps! if we go to the draft with our current haul we'll still do very well and some clubs will come knocking if a player slides that they really want at our pick... especially in the 20s range.
Are we chasing Buddy?

Obviously we all know the club is run well and coached extremely well... I just have my reservations around our trading game.

Nothing wrong with that, you don't always have to drink the Kool Aid.

Hartley still living off the Tom Lynch gain. Done nothing else of note. Pee him off

FFS even Greg Miller got Carey and Longmire to #lolNorf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much. Could very well mean we end up over paying to trade them out. The point where all those extra picks were valuable has gone. There’s a small chance we can get the dogs or pies early seconds for our 3rds but who knows.

Would of been nice to not have wasted list spots on Castagna, Aarts and Parker then we might of had a fall back plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah we sign those three but not stack, the mind boggles

"The big one for me at Collingwood was Shai Bolton. We were determined as a group to get a small forward...we had him rated between ten and twelve in the draft, and our pick was 30. Richmond had pick 29, and they called out Shai Bolton. Gee we were flat."

- Matt Rendell

1F7F2D35-AFC5-4765-BEED-E58B326D2398.gif 42C7C88E-46E5-4F86-B953-342D2DAB64F4.gif

Why were people obsessed here with pick 17 when we have a pick just before that? The club would know who we want to draft and when they are likely to be available. Obviously teams with no first rounders were way more desperate to get it than us.

No one was better placed to get that pick than us and yet we missed out not once but twice. Both Adelaide and Shebourne got deals done that were better than ours. Get the F off your arse Fartley and get us up the order

If I’m not mistaken both the dogs and pies are still short on points to match their f/s, so there’s 22 & 23. GWS also have a good kid Fahey in their academy they’ll have to match and they have 2+13+53 so they might need picks to match. Ditto saints with 2 potential NGAs.

So many options still open to improving our draft hand. So bloody calm down there’s still soooo much time left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back