List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
George straight swap for toby greene

If anyone needs any reason to become a member in 2023

I can barely fit Cotchin and Short on the bench with how stacked we are, this is a premiership list

B: Broad, Tarrant, Grimes
HB: Vlastuin, Balta, Rioli
C: Pickett, Taranto, McIntosh
HF: Rioli, Lynch, Bolton
F: Cumberland, Riewoldt, Martin
C: Nankevis, Prestia, Hopper
B: Baker, Cotchin, Gibcus, Short

Next in line
Sonsie
Ross
Ralphsmith
Stack
Miller
Graham
Castagna
Aarts
Ryan

New kids developing
Banks
Clarke
Brown
Dow

I can barely fit Cotchin and Short on the bench with how stacked we are, this is a premiership list

Next in line
Sonsie
Ross
Ralphsmith
Stack
Miller
Graham
Castagna
Aarts
Ryan

New kids developing
Banks
Clarke
Brown
Dow
A lot to like.
Brown might surprise a few next year. Can see him getting a serious look in.

I'd have Sonsie in ahead of Gibcus, but its very interchangeable.

Next in line
Sonsie
Ross
Ralphsmith
Stack
Miller
Graham
Castagna
Aarts
Ryan

New kids developing
Banks
Clarke
Brown
Dow

Sonsie will play IMO, even with Hopper and Taranto coming in. I’m struggling to see where short fits in. Rioli has taken his spot down back, Baker seems preferred as the 7th defender.

I’ve thought for a while he should be developed as a wing, but we prefer to play guys a bit taller who don’t get out marked.

A lot of the comments here make it clear they don’t know the type of players TT and Hopper are.

TT = 188cm
Hopper = 187cm

Cotch 185, Prestia 175, Sonsie 181, Bolton 175, Graham 181. Ross 187

Career averages for tackles / clearances / Contested poss :

TT: 5.3 / 4.0 / 9.5
Hopper : 4.2 / 4.7 / 10.7

Cotch : 3.8 / 4.8 / 10.9
Prestia: 4.2 / 4.7 / 9.9
Graham: 5.6 / 1.9 / 6.2

So we are basically picking up 2 blokes mid-20’s who are bigger versions of Cotch and Prestia playing a very similar role. Keep in mind also that TT has played a decent portion of footy up forward, so his overall averages have suffered.

With Cotch in his last year, Prestia’s body unreliable and Martin getting older and spending little time permanent mid, they provide a perfect balance of size and the skillset we need now and more importantly post Cotch/Meatball/Dusty.

A midfield from 2025-2028 of TT, Hopper, Sonsie, Graham, Ross, Bolton and MRJ (yes, I think he’ll progress to be a gun midfielder) all at their absolute peak age of performance is very exciting. Throw in hopefully Dow and another draftee or free agent secured this draft or next it’s happy days.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A lot of the comments here make it clear they don’t know the type of players TT and Hopper are.

TT = 188cm
Hopper = 187cm

Cotch 185, Prestia 175, Sonsie 181, Bolton 175, Graham 181. Ross 187

Career averages for tackles / clearances / Contested poss :

TT: 5.3 / 4.0 / 9.5
Hopper : 4.2 / 4.7 / 10.7

Cotch : 3.8 / 4.8 / 10.9
Prestia: 4.2 / 4.7 / 9.9
Graham: 5.6 / 1.9 / 6.2

So we are basically picking up 2 blokes mid-20’s who are bigger versions of Cotch and Prestia playing a very similar role. Keep in mind also that TT has played a decent portion of footy up forward, so his overall averages have suffered.

With Cotch in his last year, Prestia’s body unreliable and Martin getting older and spending little time permanent mid, they provide a perfect balance of size and the skillset we need now and more importantly post Cotch/Meatball/Dusty.

A midfield from 2025-2028 of TT, Hopper, Sonsie, Graham, Ross, Bolton and MRJ (yes, I think he’ll progress to be a gun midfielder) all at their absolute peak age of performance is very exciting. Throw in hopefully Dow and another draftee or free agent secured this draft or next it’s happy days.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I actually posted a similar
Player comparison in the MB Taranto thread.

Huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next in line
Sonsie
Ross
Ralphsmith
Stack
Miller
Graham
Castagna
Aarts
Ryan

New kids developing
Banks
Clarke
Brown
Dow
Reckon we could trade Balta from that line up, for a Fiorini type. Might have to throw in a second rounder as Balta won't be enough to get the deal done.

Sonsie will play IMO, even with Hopper and Taranto coming in. I’m struggling to see where short fits in. Rioli has taken his spot down back, Baker seems preferred as the 7th defender.

I’ve thought for a while he should be developed as a wing, but we prefer to play guys a bit taller who don’t get out marked.
Thinking about it today. We should trade Short out in the deal.
You have to give quality to get quality and I can’t see how Short keeps in the side

My only worry is. How and when do we find a young key forward to replace Jack? And Tom is getting on too. Melbourne have shown you can get away with just “decent” forward in Fritsch, Brown and McDonald. We have Cumberland who looks a long termer, and hopefully Ryan/Bauer can play a role, but we really need someone coming through

Lets get it perfectly clear, the media want GWS to play hardball because the media don't want both the spider and the insect walking into Tigerland because they know full well how much it improves us.
The AFL will also stick their head in behind the scenes to stop both from coming to Punt Rd, pretty much like they did with Plugger in 1994.

A lot to like.
Brown might surprise a few next year. Can see him getting a serious look in.

I'd have Sonsie in ahead of Gibcus, but its very interchangeable.
Reckon Brown is one of those players that’ll perform better at AFL level than VFL.

I think we've all be struggling since SHocking brought in that s**t rule. What I hate most is the media and broadcasters want to put up a bronze statue to him for creating the "greatest season of all time" FMD.

No mention (except Caro - no suprise there) of his massive conflict of interest going back to be CEO of the Corio Bay old folks home.

Anyway, I'm derailing the thread.

Let's hope we get the Tarantula and the Grasshopper !
Absolutely THIS!!!!

I’m an old grumpy fart, but hearing from a few pundits that “footy is back after losing its way” really grinds my gears. It’s basically a slap to the Tiges - yet the pundits love the high pressure footy that Dimma basically implemented.

I honestly don’t think we’ve got the historic respect we’ve deserved, which makes my desire for another flag higher (and makes me angrier and angrier about last Thursday……). And I would encourage everyone to read Mick Warner’s book - The Boys Club. The conflicts of interest and lack of governance from the AFL are galling. And just flabbergasted the book hasn’t been discussed widely until I realised that if you go there - they kill your career. This really is an organisation with shocking governance - and I know Caro isn’t everyone’s cup of tea - but for 20 years I’ve admired her for going to places where others just won’t. (I’m looking at you Whately….the supposed intellectual voice of the game……).

Thinking about it today. We should trade Short out in the deal.
You have to give quality to get quality and I can’t see how Short keeps in the side
Literally just signed a 5 year deal
Ain’t going anywhere, but yeah agree he needs to improve on his output from this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back