List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. That first is most likely a pick in the teens, which may get you a mid of Hopper's level if you're lucky, but that player will take years to mature when we need them in the engine room right now.

I woyld use it on a forward. Better to get the best we can draft than one way foen the order. Just getting Taranto already improves us.

Unless they are planning to get a free agent next year, our key foward stocks are dire.

What's ypur thoughts on getting a kpf?

Literally just signed a 5 year deal
Ain’t going anywhere, but yeah agree he needs to improve on his output from this year
He can be traded if he agrees to it. But highly unlikely.

Seems like short is a cultural/glue guy. But personally think he is very tradable type, we have coverage in the backline, he isn’t a midfielder, he might be an okay wing but I’d much prefer the hardness and size of McIntosh and Pickett there and eventually our young guys. Maybe back to being a small forward/high half forward?

If we add TT and hopper there just isn’t a lot of spots for him in our best 22, he’d be on a good contract for a best 20-26 player.

I'd be open to trading Short also, but as others have said. It's unlikely based on his contract.

Needs to find his role.
People rave about his kicking and metres gained, but he turns it over a lot because he often just blazes away.

Maybe he could transform himself into a tagger that can hurt teams on the way back with his penetrative kicking.

That’s uncalled for Pickett, Plowman, Marchbank, Jaksch, Whiley, Setterfield, Kennedy, Lamb, Phillips, Sumner and Palmer have been sensational recruits
A who’s who of who da **** is that guy

A who’s who of who do * is that guy
Worst part is most are former top 10 picks.

The best part is they were picked by SOS… twice 🤣

I swear if the top 10 for a draft was
Dusty, buddy, Petracca, Walsh, Aaron Francis, GAJ, P Dow, Lynch and the Bont, Dodoro and SoS would pick Dow and Francis at 1 and 2. And there fanbases would celebrate it for the next 10 years.

I hear you and if Dimma would leave him in the backline then I'd be happy. BUT. We wasted a pre-season training him up forward. I'm not sure the match committee yet believes he can be the next Alex Rance.
Agree, he is much better value to us in the backline. They tried something, didn't work out, nothing wrong with trying, but i think they learn't their lesson. Big wraps on Balta in our backline for years to come.

T

There are 2 parties to any transaction. GWS already have a heap of picks this year hence they may prefer a role player to a pick they won’t use.

How hard is this concept for people to grasp. No one’s trying to shove blokes out the door but it may be necessary to lose someone we’d rather keep, but can cover, to get the trade done
I agree we may need to lose a player we’d like to keep but I think our best chance of getting deals done, maybe our ability to send them a player subsidised from our salary cap. Do we have the cap space? I don’t know. Especially after what we will be paying our new acquisitions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can be traded if he agrees to it. But highly unlikely.

Seems like short is a cultural/glue guy. But personally think he is very tradable type, we have coverage in the backline, he isn’t a midfielder, he might be an okay wing but I’d much prefer the hardness and size of McIntosh and Pickett there and eventually our young guys. Maybe back to being a small forward/high half forward?

If we add TT and hopper there just isn’t a lot of spots for him in our best 22, he’d be on a good contract for a best 20-26 player.
Agree
I thought he was well below par this year and didn’t really look to improve his biggest fault which was his kicking

He has a horrible habit of not looking when he has time and just booting it forward
Shits me to death

I’ll back him in to find a stable position in the team and improve his kicking tho..

He did improve his tackling this year so could play that high pressure forward role

Last edited:
I woyld use it on a forward. Better to get the best we can draft than one way foen the order. Just getting Taranto already improves us.

Unless they are planning to get a free agent next year, our key foward stocks are dire.

What's ypur thoughts on getting a kpf?
I'd go for a young money ball type if we can, or if we have no currency left to trade hold out for one more year with Jack and try and get a few games into Ryan and Bauer.

Trade short 😂😂😂

You silly Billy’s
How much is he on 600k?

What’s his position? If we remove 2 rucks, 3 tall backs and 2 tall forwards there are 15 spots in the team

So let’s say that leaves 4 Defenders (assuming Tarrant, Balta and Broad are 3 tall backs)
Vlas
Rioli
Grimes
Baker/Short

Then you’ve got Gibcus, banks, brown, stack and mansell waiting for a spot

2 wings
Mcintosh
Pickett
Short
Hugo
Banks/Brown

5 Mids
Prestia
Taranto
Hopper
Cotchin
Graham
Ross
Sonsie
Baker
Short
(Plus you’ve got Bolton and Dusty who I’ll list as forwards)

4 forwards
Dusty
Bolton
Cumbers
MJ
Baker/Short
Juddy
Stack.

I’ve tried to rank them in a reasonable order.

So he could fit in as the 4th defender depending on broad and grimes being tall or small.

He would be first in line for a wing spot but it’s a very isolated position and we’ve got two very good defensive ones.

He isn’t getting a look in as a midfielder

He’d be first in line for a forwards spot too.

Seems like a big contract for a guy where you can’t actually say for sure he is best 22. He maybe in defence but then you squeeze out baker who is kind of in that same floating role (and I prefer bakes as I think he is better kick if not as penetrating).

That being said he won’t be traded but feels a bit like a B Ellis situation where he is slowly being squeezed out of the team.

I'd be open to trading Short also, but as others have said. It's unlikely based on his contract.

Needs to find his role.
People rave about his kicking and metres gained, but he turns it over a lot because he often just blazes away.

Maybe he could transform himself into a tagger that can hurt teams on the way back with his penetrative kicking.

All part of our game plan. No different to Ruby kick. Give the defence a chance to reset whilst trying to win the secondary ball at ground level where Bolton and Martin go to work.

Hit a number of team mates lace out against Brisbane last week which weren't converted into goals.

All part of our game plan. No different to Ruby kick. Give the defence a chance to reset whilst trying to win the secondary ball at ground level where Bolton and Martin go to work.

Hit a number of team mates lace out against Brisbane last week which weren't converted into goals.
He definitely has his great moments as well. Don't get me wrong.
I hope he finds some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back