List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can / has potential be a star in the future - don't be Luke Darcy ;)

He kicked 23 goals in 19 games - ranked below average.

FWIW Cumbo kicked 19 in 9 - ranked as elite.

Both players were used as 3rd forwards in their team.

I would have Cumberland ahead of Georgiades every day of the week

I see on twitter that Port are concerned Georgiades is not committed and looking elsewhere. Geez id love to have him as a developing key/med forward.
I like this kid but still 50/50 if he makes it as a A grade foward
some days i see him and think Wow and other days spud

still young and would take i think

Georgiades is a star. If he's going back to Perth Freo should be all over him to correct the mistake they made in not using one of their three first-rounders on him in 2019. Serong and Young are guns so you can't fault them there but Liam Henry instead of Georgiades? Ouch.

If we weren't committed to TT and Hooper I'd throw the sink at him.

He'll probably go to West Coast. But if so, Port should be asking for pick 2.

That could work for West Coast: 2 and 20 for Georgiades and Port's first (8?), which they use to take their man Hewett anyway. That's actually a massive win for them in my eyes.

Port loses a bloke I reckon can be the best forward in the game, so any deal sucks for them.
Wasn’t Henry an academy kid that they matched with potato picks?

Have we done any delistings yet ?

This is the Trade/Free agency thread. Mind you I am not the creator, just a assumption

There are other threads about list management and de-listings.

This thread is about Free agency and trades so players coming in and going out so we are not like the Australian cricket team where its harder to go out than come in

So if he's a bigger loss than Taranto and Hopper, that'll be 3 first round draft picks to GWS thanks.

And I'm also expecting the media to go with 'how can a powerhouse club like Geelong take another player from GWS?' narrative.
Media so full of shit.
“Geelong show their magnificent culture by poaching a player when on top of the ladder.”
Meanwhile how dare Richmond pinch two players when finishing 8th on the ladder.

Boy’s Club.

They are just desperate for us to return to a 37 year wilderness like before.

According to sen this morning
Tigers interested in Robbie fox and mitch crowden
i can see why crowden that midfield half foward role

Wasn’t Henry an academy kid that they matched with potato picks?
Right you are, my bad. Freo off the hook.

They used picks 49, 58, 66, 73 to match a bid at pick 9. What a rort. They also got back picks 85, 87, 88 and managed to trade up to pick 61 and took Frederick.

I had to look them both up, not sure why we would bother.

Fox is mid 180's 29yo backman, Crowden is mid 170's 23 yo midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right you are, my bad. Freo off the hook.

They used picks 49, 58, 66, 73 to match a bid at pick 9. They also got back picks 85, 87, 88 and managed to trade up to pick 61 and took Frederick. What a rort.
That’s ****ed.

Carlton bid on Henry over Tom Green lol

Can’t see why we would be interested in Fox at all. 29 year old rebounding defender which is the are where we have Rioli, Short, Baker, Vlastuin, Broad, Ralphsmith, Brown, Banks and Stack. I’ve probably missed blokes that can play there like Macca.

Crowden’s WAFL form looks very good and could look to take on one of the vacancies made by Lambert or Sheds.

I think overall Freo's culture is heading in the right direction. It's more about weeding out the blokes like Acres who are looking for that one really good deal and there's always blokes on the fringes who will go for greater opportunities.

Longmuir is all about the culture and with Brayshaw, Serong and some of their kids coming through they look pretty good. Apart from Rory Lobb, none of those players are key planks in their plans. I'd let them all go frankly Lobb included.

I still don't get why they'd sell the farm for Jackson tho. He was pretty ordinary in the finals.
Jackson is not the answer for Freo

Georgiades is a star. If he's going back to Perth Freo should be all over him to correct the mistake they made in not using one of their three first-rounders on him in 2019. Serong and Young are guns so you can't fault them there but Liam Henry instead of Georgiades? Ouch.

If we weren't committed to TT and Hooper I'd throw the sink at him.

He'll probably go to West Coast. But if so, Port should be asking for pick 2.

That could work for West Coast: 2 and 20 for Georgiades and Port's first (8?), which they use to take their man Hewett anyway. That's actually a massive win for them in my eyes.

Port loses a bloke I reckon can be the best forward in the game, so any deal sucks for them.
Honestly Freo should be chasing instead of Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back